Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,745    Downloads: 1,648,307   Msgs Posted: 130,738   Thread Views: 27,495,300   Online Now: 112
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 10:38 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,207 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I have been completely impressed with Tynan's level of play and athleticism. Several times during last night's game he made stops that would have sailed over Dhillon's glove and I have yet to see him "flopping around like a fish". There were two goals I am sure he would like to have back: he assumed the puck was going around the back of the net and it didn't... rookie mistake - he will learn from that blunder; and the second he was completely screened but trusted the players in front of him to react - he needs defense and to take control himself, but that comes with experience and confidence.

Considering he is a first year goalie in the OHL, he is punching well above his weight class. Yes, he will make rookie mistakes (he is one) but I have no problem accepting the odd missed cue given the rest of what he does. I have a sense of confidence in his play that I never felt with his predecessor.
In total agreement with you on all points.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:46 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,271 Times in 1,628 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Dakota Betts has impressed since day one of camp and now this ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 01:11 PM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

Tynan - there is a bit of a rumbling that perhaps Tynan will be the rookie of the year based on stats as a goalie. There really isn’t a rookie player in the league that is taking the league by storm, according to our radio guys.

Brudeur - becoming even more impressed with him. His size and agility to make some beautiful plays is great. I haven’t watched the highlights yet but I hope that the play where he undressed the defencemen and pulled the puck back between his legs (before missing high into the netting) was on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoneHead For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 02:08 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,984 Times in 1,118 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I have been completely impressed with Tynan's level of play and athleticism. Several times during last night's game he made stops that would have sailed over Dhillon's glove and I have yet to see him "flopping around like a fish". There were two goals I am sure he would like to have back: he assumed the puck was going around the back of the net and it didn't... rookie mistake - he will learn from that blunder; and the second he was completely screened but trusted the players in front of him to react - he needs defense and to take control himself, but that comes with experience and confidence.

Considering he is a first year goalie in the OHL, he is punching well above his weight class. Yes, he will make rookie mistakes (he is one) but I have no problem accepting the odd missed cue given the rest of what he does. I have a sense of confidence in his play that I never felt with his predecessor.

The sense of confident thing I totally get .... I never had that last year with Dhillon ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2019, 02:10 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneHead View Post
Tynan - there is a bit of a rumbling that perhaps Tynan will be the rookie of the year based on stats as a goalie. There really isn’t a rookie player in the league that is taking the league by storm, according to our radio guys.

Brudeur - becoming even more impressed with him. His size and agility to make some beautiful plays is great. I haven’t watched the highlights yet but I hope that the play where he undressed the defencemen and pulled the puck back between his legs (before missing high into the netting) was on it.

It’s too bad he didn’t score

If he was a ‘name’ player and he scored there ... that’s making a sportsnet or ten highlight reel

I never thought he had that talent

I love his story

From Jr C walk-on to three years later being an OHL regular (albeit third/fourth liner) ... but still ... great story...

Old 11-22-2019, 02:12 PM
Team Captain

Just took a look at the games I’ve been to thus year ... I am the good luck charm so far:

5-1-1
36 gf
27 ga

Lol

1-4 when I’m absent
13 gf
29 ga

I’ve missed every home game loss blowout this year

Planning to attend the 5th 12th and 19th games in DEC

Old 11-22-2019, 02:41 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,207 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Just took a look at the games I’ve been to thus year ... I am the good luck charm so far:

5-1-1
36 gf
27 ga

Lol

1-4 when I’m absent
13 gf
29 ga

I’ve missed every home game loss blowout this year

Planning to attend the 5th 12th and 19th games in DEC

Well, there we go. If you had not missed those games, our record would be even better. LMAO
New Year's resolution.... no more missing games LOL again.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:07 PM

Thanked 3,465 Times in 1,896 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
It stands to reason, you have no luck on ladders so it has to go somewhere.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:14 PM

Thanked 3,465 Times in 1,896 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Great game by the IceDogs in their 6-2 victory over Barrie... way to keep the pedal to the floor boys!
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2019, 12:32 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,116 Times in 765 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Nice win tonight in Barrie hope we get a similar effort in North Bay tomorrow for a six point weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread