Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,849    Downloads: 2,832,871   Msgs Posted: 140,819   Thread Views: 47,925,669   Online Now: 126
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-14-2022, 06:21 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,019 Times in 686 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

I don't think they are leaving.

I do think Dedobbelaer came here with a bunch of "fantastic" ideas and plans but after a few months he realizes that he has failed. Getting Rick Wamsley as a consultant last week and this week the coach is let go. Clearly he is trying to fix things. I take that as a positive. Most have you have been screaming for something to be done for 2 months now and to bring in experienced people. Well, that seems to be happening. Lets hope it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 07:21 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,069 Times in 865 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post

I do think Dedobbelaer came here with a bunch of "fantastic" ideas and plans but after a few months he realizes that he has failed. Getting Rick Wamsley as a consultant last week and this week the coach is let go. Clearly he is trying to fix things. I take that as a positive. Most have you have been screaming for something to be done for 2 months now and to bring in experienced people. Well, that seems to be happening. Lets hope it works.
Are we sure that’s what’s happening sure wamsley got hired but that doesn’t mean they’ll listen to him and as for the experience behind the bench as of right now on an interim bases they might’ve gotten worse based on the record
Old 11-14-2022, 08:41 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,368 Times in 1,452 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

When people are screaming for something to be done, I don’t think anyone had fire one Branford 99er with a piss poor record and bring in a different Brantford 99er with a piss poor record in mind.

Wamsley as a consultant? What does that even mean?

DD: Hey Rick, our coaching has been garbage because I brought in my buddy. Should I fire him?
RW: Yes.
DD: Okay, done. Should I hire another buddy with a crap record from the same organization as my last buddy?
RW: Yes.

WT actual F has the franchise become in a matter of a few years besides embarrassing?
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2022, 01:33 PM
2nd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It would be cheaper to just buy the Steelheads. Instead of an elaborate multi year plan to lose money and destroy a team.
You make a good point. How can 'we' do this?
Old 11-17-2022, 10:34 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Since the end of the 2018-19 season when the Dogs had a team that should have won it all - .699 win percentage, except for their terrible coach who was in over his head in the playoffs ? this is how pathetic the Dogs have been

19-20 .333
21-22 .353
22-23 .306 including tonights loss

Wow
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2022, 11:17 PM
Grump

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,244 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Since the end of the 2018-19 season when the Dogs had a team that should have won it all - .699 win percentage, except for their terrible coach who was in over his head in the playoffs ? this is how pathetic the Dogs have been

19-20 .333
21-22 .353
22-23 .306 including tonights loss

Wow
Lol

I bet we crack the .200s this year.
Old 11-17-2022, 11:22 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

All people here that wanted Marty fired...he would look good right about now..
Old 11-17-2022, 11:48 PM
2nd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
Here, here...Marty had a real hockey mind & if it were not for his strong morals, would still be our coach.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:25 AM
Grump

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,244 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Marty always looked good during the season, just needed the Heimlich maneuver to actually win. Whether Marty lost the room prior to his departure or the influence of Billy Burke's ineptitude was to blame, will always be a matter of conjecture.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 09:35 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Really it did not matter, because in the end I am sure the Burkes always wanted to put the boys in charge, so it was inevitable that Marty would not be here long term

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: