Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,850    Downloads: 2,832,969   Msgs Posted: 140,832   Thread Views: 47,941,832   Online Now: 138
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:30 PM
2nd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough
Default 19 allow it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
...and 19 other teams allow it.
If 19 teams allow it, maybe they are jealous? There is democracy in the OHL isn't there?

Last edited by OlDawg; 05-08-2020 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:34 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Game 1 Ottawa at Niagara 2012 playoffs...on you tube now...from the Jack.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

4 of our defensman that year 6 2...6 3...6 4... and 6 7...ahh the good ole days.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:33 AM
Grump

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,244 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDawg View Post
If 19 teams allow it, maybe they are jealous? There is democracy in the OHL isn't there?
The conventional thinking is if they don't sign with the team they choose, they won't sign. Teams are bullied to believe it is better to play against a superstar than not have them in the league. Truth is it cheapens the brand and keeps teams poor and failing.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2020, 08:20 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
4 of our defensman that year 6 2...6 3...6 4... and 6 7...ahh the good ole days.

That must?ve been a mistake by the GM at the time

Of course the 6?7? guy we paid a kings ransom for

Still can?t believe we lost that year

That team was so good .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2020, 12:53 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,323 Times in 906 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

I still can’t believe the 2016 team lost in the finals too especially in four straight games considering how hot they were going into the finals.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:38 PM
2nd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am probably one of the biggest London and Hunter brothers dis liker in this site. But,
I can remember reading some older articles prior the Hunters buying the team. Not many players really wanted to be there.
Post Hunters, they have a million contacts all over the world from their past hockey days. The had brand new 9000 seat arena built right down town. There training and or player punishing program also includes a pool.
They have built an organisation that kids would give a body part to play there. Good coaching and management.
Kids commit to play NCAA knowing full well that London will draft them and voila.

Every season over and over, they ice a strong and contending team that has a good chance of winning every outing. At the deadline, if they feel they can take the Memorial Cup, they bring in a player of two, sometimes selling some of their high end players for a boat load of picks the make room for the new arrival or arrivals.
Their draft cupboard is always full.

I have written this in the past, this is the model I would like our team to develop. No more all in and pay for it for the next couple of seasons.
End of rant and going back to my isolation. Have a good one.
This is the best summary of the reality of the OHL as it stands. London is working within the rules, generally, just uses them best. We can too if we can do our version. Can we step up??

Last edited by OlDawg; 05-11-2020 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:57 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am probably one of the biggest London and Hunter brothers dis liker in this site. But,
I can remember reading some older articles prior the Hunters buying the team. Not many players really wanted to be there.
Post Hunters, they have a million contacts all over the world from their past hockey days. The had brand new 9000 seat arena built right down town. There training and or player punishing program also includes a pool.
They have built an organisation that kids would give a body part to play there. Good coaching and management.
Kids commit to play NCAA knowing full well that London will draft them and voila.

Every season over and over, they ice a strong and contending team that has a good chance of winning every outing. At the deadline, if they feel they can take the Memorial Cup, they bring in a player of two, sometimes selling some of their high end players for a boat load of picks the make room for the new arrival or arrivals.
Their draft cupboard is always full.

I have written this in the past, this is the model I would like our team to develop. No more all in and pay for it for the next couple of seasons.
End of rant and going back to my isolation. Have a good one.
Sorry but you are forgetting one very huge piece of information:
How much 'incentives' are given to the players to miraculously decomit from a prestige U.S. scholarship.
Does Blacksox have to bring out his lengthy list of decomitted players that end up in London
Old 05-10-2020, 08:13 PM
Top Prospect

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Sorry but you are forgetting one very huge piece of information:
How much 'incentives' are given to the players to miraculously decomit from a prestige U.S. scholarship.
Does Blacksox have to bring out his lengthy list of decomitted players that end up in London
It's not too hard to google what Patrick Kane and Sam Gagner were allegedly given to forego their U.S scholarships to come to London. Plus houses and cars for their families. Again allegedly.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2020, 01:19 AM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to behold

Get real .. every team bends the rules including the Ice Dogs. Retired said it clearly .. they have top notch hockey men, a great facility and great fans. We have great fans and a super facility. What we don't have are top notch hockey people.

I would also like to know what to google to find out about what Kane & Gagner were given. My search engine must not be the same as yours as I could find absolutely nothing in terms of what London allegedly gave these two.