Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,800    Downloads: 1,981,438   Msgs Posted: 134,842   Thread Views: 33,385,403   Online Now: 138
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Would you renew your Season Tickets now if asked?
YES - this will all work out according to the OHL's plan 7 33.33%
NO - I am not risking my money on a potentially cancelled or partial season 5 23.81%
WAIT - when the Province ok's things, then I will, but not before 2 9.52%
WHO CARES - I am not a Season Ticket holder anyhow. 2 9.52%
NOT HAPPY - I will renew so I don't lose my seats, but this was not nice 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2020, 08:15 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
No one is upset that the Icedogs are offering tickets for sale. They are upset that it appears if you donít buy your tickets now you could risk losing your seat for future seasons. That is the part that is unfair given the current circumstances.
It may not be ďfairĒ but thatís just the reality of being a season ticket holder no matter whatís going on in the world how fair is it for the person who decides to sit in a seat this year because someone didnít renew for the team to turn around next year when that person goes to renew and say sorry canít have that seat cause person x is coming back this year
Old 08-07-2020, 08:44 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud of

No, that is not the reality - the reality is that I have been supportive of the team for 11 years and now I have to choose between my health and a hockey ticket. I have shown them support for 11 years (as well as the concession stands) and they cannot hold my seat for me for one year because I have health issues and would prefer not to die. Where is their reciprocal support for STH?
The Following User Says Thank You to canucks4 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2020, 08:57 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Bill Burke e-mailed me the same day I renewed thanking me. He also said they hope 2000 STH will renew out of 2800 STH last year.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:06 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,319 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks4 View Post
No, that is not the reality - the reality is that I have been supportive of the team for 11 years and now I have to choose between my health and a hockey ticket. I have shown them support for 11 years (as well as the concession stands) and they cannot hold my seat for me for one year because I have health issues and would prefer not to die. Where is their reciprocal support for STH?
I agree with whole-heartedly with your thoughts. I feel the same as you do and totally disagree with dogs777. We hava been STH since their second season here and have never once thought of not renewing ever.
This year though is a totally different animal.
I am a high risk person with some heart and lung issues and my wife has had some heart issues herself.
We are really not sure if we will renew this year due to all that is going on. We have serious concern about going into a building with 20 people, never mind 3000 people

Like Canucks wrote, we have supported them through the go and bad times and this year which has been the year from hell, they will not give us a pass and let us return to our seats next season.
The seats would be available for anyone for 32 games and playoffs. The owners would get more money that way.

I am not doing the poor old me and not looking for any sympathy. Never intended to post this, but, Canucks stir the fire inside of me. Thank you Canucks4
Old 08-08-2020, 01:00 AM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,770 Times in 1,918 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I agree with whole-heartedly with your thoughts. I feel the same as you do and totally disagree with dogs777. We hava been STH since their second season here and have never once thought of not renewing ever.
This year though is a totally different animal.
I am a high risk person with some heart and lung issues and my wife has had some heart issues herself.
We are really not sure if we will renew this year due to all that is going on. We have serious concern about going into a building with 20 people, never mind 3000 people

Like Canucks wrote, we have supported them through the go and bad times and this year which has been the year from hell, they will not give us a pass and let us return to our seats next season.
The seats would be available for anyone for 32 games and playoffs. The owners would get more money that way.

I am not doing the poor old me and not looking for any sympathy. Never intended to post this, but, Canucks stir the fire inside of me. Thank you Canucks4

RSJ, sounds like you are in tough situations. Have you (and any of the others long time STHs who have express concerns) actually spoken to Raiven to explain your circumstance and inquired if your seats would or could remain available next year?

In speaking to her, she seems eager to build a rapport with the loyal fan base.

IceDogs are expecting a major drop in season tickets (30+%) - so itís highly unlikely any seats not renewed are going to be a hot commodity this year. Getting fans into the arena is going to be the real challenge for OHL teams Ė and getting all STHs back on board in 21-22 will most likely be their long range focus. I cant imagine platinum seat stealing will be a major concern this year.

If you or anyone else with concerns do speak to her, please share - interested in knowing how that conversation goes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2020, 02:27 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
RSJ, sounds like you are in tough situations. Have you (and any of the others long time STHs who have express concerns) actually spoken to Raiven to explain your circumstance and inquired if your seats would or could remain available next year?

In speaking to her, she seems eager to build a rapport with the loyal fan base.

IceDogs are expecting a major drop in season tickets (30+%) - so itís highly unlikely any seats not renewed are going to be a hot commodity this year. Getting fans into the arena is going to be the real challenge for OHL teams Ė and getting all STHs back on board in 21-22 will most likely be their long range focus. I cant imagine platinum seat stealing will be a major concern this year.

If you or anyone else with concerns do speak to her, please share - interested in knowing how that conversation goes.
I just assumed that Canucks4 and RSJ have spoken to Ravien to hold there seats for a year and she said no?
I would be alarmed to hear if they didnt but posted such negativity without finding out the facts first!
Why post something like that if they dont know the true fact that Icedogs management verbally told them they would not hold there seats for one year?
For clarity, Canucks4 and RSJ, has Ravien told you this?
Thank you
Old 08-08-2020, 03:22 PM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I just assumed that Canucks4 and RSJ have spoken to Ravien to hold there seats for a year and she said no?
I would be alarmed to hear if they didnt but posted such negativity without finding out the facts first!
Why post something like that if they dont know the true fact that Icedogs management verbally told them they would not hold there seats for one year?
Thank you
I have not spoken to anyone from the team yet. I merely expressed my feelings on what I am thinking and the concerns I have about my health issues at this time. The post was not meant to be negative in nature but, just my personal thoughts on what we may be doing about this season.
I will contact her soon though and let all of you know what was stated. I would like to contact Bill Burke as well but, he no longer has a link at the website.

No matter how this all works out, we will remain loyal Ice Dogs fans as long as we are still breathing. We may not be in the building this year and no road trips, but, will remain die hard fans, just the same
Old 08-08-2020, 04:07 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,319 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Thank you
I enquired, this was the response....

If you would like to save your seats, we require a $100+tax deposit per seat towards the 2020-21 season.

Regards,

Raiven De Souza
Manager, Ticket Sales

Last edited by fishfan51; 08-08-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:36 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post

If you would like to save your seats, we require a $100+tax deposit per seat towards the 2020-21 season.

Regards,

Raiven De Souza
Manager, Ticket Sales
Thank you Fishfan.
The question I now have...... the $100.00 + tax for each seat will save the tickets for 2020/21 that my wife and I may not attend in the 2020/21 season. Will that deposit be transferred to the 2021/22 seats?
Thanks and I will get in touch with Raiven on Monday.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:01 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,770 Times in 1,918 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post

Regards,

Raiven De Souza
Manager, Ticket Sales

Not sure what the original question was but based on the reply It sounds like, if the season-ticket holder puts down a $100 deposit for the coming season but feels for health and safety reason does not wish to purchase tickets for the 20-21, that deposit will allow the season ticket holder to defer his season tickets to the 21-22 season. So with that deposit, they won’t sell your seat as season tickets but perhaps sell it as a single game seat through the 20-21 season.

Perhaps RSJ can get additional clarification for us when he speaks directly to Raven, expressing his situation regarding personal health concerns.

Last edited by Blacksox; 08-08-2020 at 05:03 PM.