Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,800    Downloads: 1,981,438   Msgs Posted: 134,842   Thread Views: 33,385,403   Online Now: 142
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Would you renew your Season Tickets now if asked?
YES - this will all work out according to the OHL's plan 7 33.33%
NO - I am not risking my money on a potentially cancelled or partial season 5 23.81%
WAIT - when the Province ok's things, then I will, but not before 2 9.52%
WHO CARES - I am not a Season Ticket holder anyhow. 2 9.52%
NOT HAPPY - I will renew so I don't lose my seats, but this was not nice 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2020, 10:31 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,319 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDog View Post
When I call tomorrow, I will ask in detail the pay $100 and have my seat next year scenario.

I hope Raiven understood your question because I like you up two rows from me.
Raiven understood the question full well. The email was a very long full of details . Such how long we have been STH, road games, out health issues and concerned about this coming season.

Her answer once again. Pay $100.00 plus tax for each seat and that will save our seats for the 21/22 season.

I cannot explain any simpler than that. Period and end of rant for me anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 11:06 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,262 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Raiven understood the question full well. The email was a very long full of details . Such how long we have been STH, road games, out health issues and concerned about this coming season.

Her answer once again. Pay $100.00 plus tax for each seat and that will save our seats for the 21/22 season.

I cannot explain any simpler than that. Period and end of rant for me anyway.

So is that money then transferred to help pay down the balance owing for the 2021-22 season then? It?s a true ?deposit? and not a fee you are paying to hold your seat ?

If that?s the case I?ll probably do that this year ... and then if there is a season this year where fans are allowed then I?ll probably just buy flex packs as I?m probably not very likely to bring the kids much this year unless the virus is eradicated or there?s a widely available vaccine ...

I really have my doubts that they will even be allowed to have 50% capacity ... I just can?t see it ... hope I am wrong .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2020, 11:16 PM

Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,986 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

I really have my doubts that they will even be allowed to have 50% capacity ... I just can?t see it ... hope I am wrong
I am doubting it as well, I don't see Ontario moving that quick. I am also doubting the sustainability of OHL hockey if 50% capacity isn't allowed. The magic number is still between 2,500 and 3,000.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:41 PM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
So is that money then transferred to help pay down the balance owing for the 2021-22 season then? It?s a true ?deposit? and not a fee you are paying to hold your seat ?

If that?s the case I?ll probably do that this year ... and then if there is a season this year where fans are allowed then I?ll probably just buy flex packs as I?m probably not very likely to bring the kids much this year unless the virus is eradicated or there?s a widely available vaccine ...

I really have my doubts that they will even be allowed to have 50% capacity ... I just can?t see it ... hope I am wrong .

Yes Strohs, the 100.00 payment per seat plus tax. We hold your seats or seats for the 21/22 season. They will sell you seat to anyone for a game during the season. They will make some extra bucks selling the seat at the regular price.
My wife and I will most likely not renew our tickets for this season which will hopefully begin in December. We will be back in our regular seats the following season in our usual seats.
I hope we are all on the same page now. LOL
Old 08-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,770 Times in 1,918 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Blacksox answer was based on his opinion of what was right and good through other circumstances in other organizations
Just to clarify my interpretation was based on the Information posted from ff51. At quick glance, many teams have not handled the STH situation nearly as well the IceDogs have in terms of ticket pricing - and especially in light of the most recent information, in regards to deferring 21-22 season tickets with a 100 dollars deposit.

Most OHL teams have taken a very different approaches during the pandemic - business as usual in many cases and collecting season ticket money well before the most recent return to play announcement. You even have Kitchener issuing this statement to their STH. “If canceling your 2020/21 tickets, you will be invited back as a Season Ticket Holder but will not be guaranteed the same seats for the 2021/22 season

Last edited by Blacksox; 08-12-2020 at 10:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 09:22 AM

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDog View Post
I'm renewing 21 seats tomorrow in full
If that is not a typo, wow
Old 08-12-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
What Blacksox wrote in post #41 was pretty much bang on.

I just received this response from Raiven.

We would love to have you back for the 21-22 season. In order to secure your seats for the 21-22 season, a $100+tax per ticket deposit is required.
The way the IceDogs have shown such great appreciation towards this loyal fan base over the years, I not really surprised by the positive response you received.

You have proven yourself to be a diehard IceDogs fan over the year - and it’s unfortunate that your underlying health condition will likely make it too risky for you and your wife to attend games - if and when. Continue to stay safe RSJ.
Perhaps use that money saved to purchase an OHL live package for IceDogs games?

Last edited by Blacksox; 08-12-2020 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:36 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
The way the IceDogs have shown such great appreciation towards this loyal fan base over the years, I really didn’t expect anything other than the positive response you received.

You have proven yourself to be a diehard IceDogs over the year - and it’s unfortunate that your underlying health condition will likely make it too risky for you and your wife to attend game - if and when. Continue to stay safe RSJ.
Perhaps use that money saved to purchase an OHL live package for IceDogs games.
Thank you Blacksox for the kind words and just because we may not be at the home games this season, does not mean that we are going to walk away.
My wife even suggested that I could go to the games if I wished. Now, she is concerned about both of us but, I think that she is more concerned about me as i am the higher risk.
The idea of going to games without her and coming home to her does not just not sit well with me. Sort of defeats the purpose.

I have suggested to Raiven that if things are way better in the new years and the pandemic is really under control, that she may get a phone call from me about being a couple of game tickets when we feel comfortable about going there and we would talk to her at the will call box or just print the tickets at homw. LOL

I am still going to be a member here and occasionally still get under some members skins, but that is me. Not going away, just distancing LOL Thanks again Blacksox and I am certain that you and I will continue to not always disagree LOL again.

Stay safe folks and PS: We have Cogeco TV so, we will watch all 64 games and playoffs on TV.

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 08-12-2020 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Added the cogeco line
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 08:11 PM

Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,986 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Just to clarify my interpretation was based on the Information posted from ff51. At quick glance, many teams have not handled the STH situation nearly as well the IceDogs have in terms of ticket pricing - and especially in light of the most recent information, in regards to deferring 21-22 season tickets with a 100 dollars deposit.

Most OHL teams have taken a very different approaches during the pandemic - business as usual in many cases and collecting season ticket money well before the most recent return to play announcement. You even have Kitchener issuing this statement to their STH. “If canceling your 2020/21 tickets, you will be invited back as a Season Ticket Holder but will not be guaranteed the same seats for the 2021/22 season
In marketing terms we refer to that as "an error" . A STH is a team's bread and butter. If you start losing them your financial health follows. Very few teams (London) have a waiting list for STH, so you can't afford to chase them away. I encourage Niagara to go public with their stance on STH health and reassure them regarding refunds and reservations for what will hopefully be an anomalous year.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:25 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,262 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

That will certainly alienate some people in those markets buy my father in law tells me the Rangers have over the years had a waiting list of over 1,000 people looking to buy season tickets ...

So I guess some markets can afford that luxury