Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,701    Downloads: 1,485,767   Msgs Posted: 128,419   Thread Views: 24,768,642   Online Now: 108
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:51 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am wondering if Blacksox might think that we have enough still to bring in our player from North Bay (Walker)
North bay don’t appear to be selling off
Old 01-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am wondering if Blacksox might think that we have enough still to bring in our player from North Bay (Walker)
Not a chance...i wish we weren't but I think we are done.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:02 PM
3rd Line

dirtykife is just really nicedirtykife is just really nicedirtykife is just really nicedirtykife is just really nice

i have a "gut" feeling that tomasino will have an Oshawa jersey on by the start of next season...i feel all the picks come back for him.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:07 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtykife View Post
i have a "gut" feeling that tomasino will have an Oshawa jersey on by the start of next season...i feel all the picks come back for him.
IF you don’t think he can get you a first rounder from this upcoming draft + picks I agree but if you think you can get that player plus the picks I don’t see him gone till January
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2019, 07:43 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,036 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtykife View Post

Interesting thought process ... I would have agreed with you if Oshawa didn’t make the two trades with Hamilton.

My gut says that won’t happen... mostly because Oshawa has traded a good portion of those picks away inexplicably for two OA players ...

I would hope that the Dogs simply trade Tomasino at the deadline next year so we get to see him play another half a season here ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 08:56 AM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Interesting thought process ... I would have agreed with you if Oshawa didn’t make the two trades with Hamilton.

My gut says that won’t happen... mostly because Oshawa has traded a good portion of those picks away inexplicably for two OA players ...

I would hope that the Dogs simply trade Tomasino at the deadline next year so we get to see him play another half a season here ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you're saying a team that is "not going for it" spend a bunch of extra picks to prop up their team in a nothing year? What if they need those picks in subsequent years? Who would do that!?
Old 01-11-2019, 09:34 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

When these guys decide to play a 60 minute game they will truly be a force to be reckoned with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 08:17 AM
Big League

Thanked 3,014 Times in 1,473 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

With the assets available to the IceDogs next year, a planned rebuild around the 03 (and 04) age group – with the 02 age group as the OAs, makes the most sense since they have their 2020 (04s) 1st round pick and can acquire additional picks for next year’s draft during this coming season.

This IceDogs rebuild has two golden tickets – that they did not have last time: Thomas and Tomasino can be traded for a pair of elite 03s – and that will give the IceDogs a solid core of 03s to go along with those players they drafted this year.

In this plan, Thomas has to be traded this season, while Tomasino could actually be traded the following year. With the extra year of OHL experience, growth and development, Tomasino will be the coveted prize targeted by every "go for it" team as that one player who can put them over the top, more so than he would be able to next year.

There will be an extra incentive for teams to acquire Tomasino the following year since the OHL is hosting the Memorial Cup - a lot of teams are going to be taking a run at that extra spot in the Mem-Cup. A huge buyer market for Tomasino awaits the IceDogs in two years.

Also, Junior hockey is entertainment for the fans but is also very much business for the owners – and the IceDogs will need one of hockey brightest stars to market and sell tickets before they turn over the team to the 03s and 04s.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 10:54 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post

Junior hockey is entertainment for the fans but is also very much business for the owners – and the IceDogs will need one of hockey brightest stars to market and sell tickets before they turn over the team to the 03s and 04s.

You know I keep hearing how Niagara is some of the best most knowledgeable fans if that’s the case your (they’ll need someone to sell the games shouldn’t be the case IMO) if the fans are the “best” they’ll show up no matter who’s on the team and if they are some of the most “knowledgeable” they understand why they wouldn’t have a star to build around
Old 04-22-2019, 11:03 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,137 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
You know I keep hearing how Niagara is some of the best most knowledgeable fans if that’s the case your (they’ll need someone to sell the games shouldn’t be the case IMO) if the fans are the “best” they’ll show up no matter who’s on the team and if they are some of the most “knowledgeable” they understand why they wouldn’t have a star to build around
Not to disrespect all of the hockey fans in Niagara, we support winning teams and have been doing so for a long as I can remember, and I have been around a long, long time.

I have seen many, many teams leave Niagara (St. Catharines and Niagara Falls) due to the lack of support when team go through season after season of losing.

The Burkes however, have done a great job promoting the team all over Niagara and should be applauded for their work. and, that might make a difference.

We shall see what we shall see. And, I hope the team is here for a long, long time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post: