Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,701    Downloads: 1,485,767   Msgs Posted: 128,419   Thread Views: 24,768,642   Online Now: 109
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Will they start the back up or is that too much risk.
I can see both sides of the argument.

With the team being short staffed, you start Dhillon because he gives you the better chance of winning, if only because he's "Been there, Done that" for the IceDogs before. Let's not forget, during the stretch 2 seasons ago Young Mr Dhillon faced a ridiculous amount of shots, and still got the IceDogs into the playoffs. Remember he was 2nd in the League in Mins played (behind Helvig), and 1st in Shots (@ 2312, 2nd was Dillon Wells who faced 1848), and 1st in Saves (@ 2114, 2nd was Dillon Wells who saved 1693). Point of fact, Dhillon also had a Sv% of 0.914. So this is a kid who DOES thrive on work, and pressure. As much as a lot of us would like to see him given more rest days, it is what it is. The coaches have faith in him (maybe too much, but that's not our call).

That being said, I would rather save Dhillon for Sunday vs Hamilton. Sbaraglia needs a proper introduction to the home faithful. The fans (and coaches) need to KNOW how he performs under the pressure at home. And this is a nice (easy) way to do it. Erie is a good team, but are definitely in decline this season. So they will be a test, but not an onerous one for a 17 yr old.

All things being equal, were I the head coach I'd go with Sbaraglia tonight. Last night, Dhillon saw more rubber than... Well your minds can fill in the rest... lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I can see both sides of the argument.

With the team being short staffed, you start Dhillon because he gives you the better chance of winning, if only because he's "Been there, Done that" for the IceDogs before. Let's not forget, during the stretch 2 seasons ago Young Mr Dhillon faced a ridiculous amount of shots, and still got the IceDogs into the playoffs. Remember he was 2nd in the League in Mins played (behind Helvig), and 1st in Shots (@ 2312, 2nd was Dillon Wells who faced 1848), and 1st in Saves (@ 2114, 2nd was Dillon Wells who saved 1693). Point of fact, Dhillon also had a Sv% of 0.914. So this is a kid who DOES thrive on work, and pressure. As much as a lot of us would like to see him given more rest days, it is what it is. The coaches have faith in him (maybe too much, but that's not our call).

That being said, I would rather save Dhillon for Sunday vs Hamilton. Sbaraglia needs a proper introduction to the home faithful. The fans (and coaches) need to KNOW how he performs under the pressure at home. And this is a nice (easy) way to do it. Erie is a good team, but are definitely in decline this season. So they will be a test, but not an onerous one for a 17 yr old.

All things being equal, were I the head coach I'd go with Sbaraglia tonight. Last night, Dhillon saw more rubber than... Well your minds can fill in the rest... lol
If we were at full strength or even had 4 lines and didnít have Johnson on D Iíd say this is an easy test but going off what we have on the ice I donít see it as that ďeasyĒ
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
If we were at full strength or even had 4 lines and didnít have Johnson on D Iíd say this is an easy test but going off what we have on the ice I donít see it as that ďeasyĒ
I see a total of 4 home opportunities in this month where I would be comfortable starting Sbaraglia in what I would consider 'easier' games.

Fri Jan 4 vs Erie
Fri Jan 11 vs Kingston
Sat Jan 19 vs Flint
Thu Jan 24 vs Erie

Dogs also play Guelph and SSM this month at home, but my feeling is that Guelph and SSM games might not be the best teams to start Sbaraglia against, given his limited (and likely to remain limited) action seen so far. Though they always play us hard, I consider Erie more beatable than Hamilton (until Hamilton sells a few more pieces), Kingston and Flint would likely be the easier starts, but... We're just 'spitballing' here...
Old 01-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I see a total of 4 home opportunities in this month where I would be comfortable starting Sbaraglia in what I would consider 'easier' games.

Fri Jan 4 vs Erie
Fri Jan 11 vs Kingston
Sat Jan 19 vs Flint
Thu Jan 24 vs Erie

Dogs also play Guelph and SSM this month at home, but my feeling is that Guelph and SSM games might not be the best teams to start Sbaraglia against, given his limited (and likely to remain limited) action seen so far. Though they always play us hard, I consider Erie more beatable than Hamilton (until Hamilton sells a few more pieces), Kingston and Flint would likely be the easier starts, but... We're just 'spitballing' here...
Iíd play him in all games you mentioned but I donít know if they will do that
Old 01-04-2019, 04:22 PM
1st Line

the dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other members

another good crowd tonight..little over 5000
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2019, 06:18 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
another good crowd tonight..little over 5000
I think they sell a ton of tickets as Christmas gifts each year.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:20 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,104 Times in 652 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Rookie getting the nod tonight... hope the boys have something in the tank to help him out
Old 01-04-2019, 06:30 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Rookie getting the nod tonight... hope the boys have something in the tank to help him out
Philips-Jones-Maksimov
Castleman-Thomas-Tomasino
Bruder-Uberti-De Simone
Sims

Paquette-Roberts
Hunter-Johnson
Howard-Cook

Sbaraglia
Old 01-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Is it to late to trade for 4 defenseman? Gheesh guys.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:50 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,036 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Sitting in section 113 with eight of my buddies

Closer to the blue line than normal

Interesting perspective ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk