Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,564    Downloads: 1,336,093   Msgs Posted: 124,631   Thread Views: 22,900,626   Online Now: 145
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-20-2019, 12:43 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
How about Brantford
Article I read said the league will only allow the team to move to an OHL or NHL arena. Hence Brampton.

I remember a couple of years back that all new arenas built in the league have to be at least 5,000 seats.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:45 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I am convinced that the WJC in Buffalo a few years back was a test run. The OHL was watching attendance closely to ascertain whether an OHL team could fly in B-lo. Unfortunately attendance was lukewarm at best, and it really scared OHL governors off.
I think had attendance been strong then(2011 or something) that there would be an OHL team in the Queen City today. Who knows, maybe Buffalo will bid for some Ontario League exhibition or neutral site games?
Old 01-20-2019, 12:45 AM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Article I read said the league will only allow the team to move to an OHL or NHL arena. Hence Brampton.

I remember a couple of years back that all new arenas built in the league have to be at least 5,000 seats.
Mississauga, Flint and North Bay are all less than 2,500 seats sold on average this year. No sense having a building half empty.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:45 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,682 Times in 921 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Yea I know the Sens AHL teams there but I still think it’s a better option than Brampton and don’t really know where else they could go

They aren’t going to have an AHL and OHL team play in the same tiny city lol

Short term or not ...

OMG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2019, 09:47 AM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Mississauga, Flint and North Bay are all less than 2,500 seats sold on average this year. No sense having a building half empty.

Geez that bad in North Bay eh? Nothing to do up there in the winter and they draw like flies? Althoug I guess 2,500 seats sold was better than what they were doing in Belleville ....

Old 01-20-2019, 09:49 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,587 Times in 989 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Geez that bad in North Bay eh? Nothing to do up there in the winter and they draw like flies? Althoug I guess 2,500 seats sold was better than what they were doing in Belleville ....

Sorry but, I believe that you meant Brampton rather than Belleville.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:32 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Sorry but, I believe that you meant Brampton rather than Belleville.

Oh ya I did mean Brampton

Old 01-20-2019, 04:37 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,009 Times in 681 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Cornwall then lol they are already in Eastern Ontario.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:51 PM
3rd Line

louie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Maybe Cornwall then lol they are already in Eastern Ontario.
Cornwall had a kick at it a few years ago...not sure why it didn't work out.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:33 PM
3rd Line

dirtykife is a jewel in the roughdirtykife is a jewel in the roughdirtykife is a jewel in the roughdirtykife is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I am convinced that the WJC in Buffalo a few years back was a test run. The OHL was watching attendance closely to ascertain whether an OHL team could fly in B-lo. Unfortunately attendance was lukewarm at best, and it really scared OHL governors off.
I think had attendance been strong then(2011 or something) that there would be an OHL team in the Queen City today. Who knows, maybe Buffalo will bid for some Ontario League exhibition or neutral site games?
i went to both juniors in buffalo and there was a huge difference in price. the last one was more expensive than a sabre game. first year the atmosphere was great and everything else was reasonably priced. the most recent was robbery. i was in for 80 bucks before the puck even dropped so i didnt go back and im sure others felt the same
The Following User Says Thank You to dirtykife For This Useful Post: