Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,564    Downloads: 1,336,093   Msgs Posted: 124,631   Thread Views: 22,900,626   Online Now: 145
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:50 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,009 Times in 681 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Hamilton not alone https://globalnews.ca/news/4712581/p...entre-repairs/
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,587 Times in 989 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

So, it sounds like the Petes will not be getting a new arena after all and my wife and I will not lose our pre-concert restaurant when we attend some musicfest concerts in the summertime.
The new arena was supposed to go right where that plaza now stands.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:41 PM
All Star

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
So, it sounds like the Petes will not be getting a new arena after all and my wife and I will not lose our pre-concert restaurant when we attend some musicfest concerts in the summertime.
The new arena was supposed to go right where that plaza now stands.
No it doesn’t and the new arena delayed in Sudbury over protest where to build it.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:42 PM
All Star

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbu...unal-1.4892018
Old 02-04-2019, 05:43 PM
All Star

Thank goodness we got ours done with little fuss.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Thank goodness we got ours done with little fuss.
There was some fuss. Morons like Petrowski did everything they could to undermine support.

Luckily the decision makers at the time embraced the vision.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...l-development/

The MC was mentioned today in the Globe and Mail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 09:25 PM
Serving a Suspension

Resonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Doubtful, the Belleville Senators (AHL) are there and they only manage to pull in 2,940 fans per game this year.
The B-Sens aren't doing well because people in Belleville love to find things to complain about. I left their FB Page because it was non-stop whining about this that and the other thing. Say what you want about Melynk but he spend millions on renovating a sad-sacked Yardman Arena into a very nice AHL facility. Belleville should be lucky they have pro-hockey helping their economy. The team sits in last place mind you and 3 games under 500 the last I checked . This in a division with lots of parity. Believe it or not Playoffs are not out of question but this fan support needs to pickup.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Resonator For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 09:40 PM
Serving a Suspension

Resonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
I was recently at the FirstOntario Centre(for a Bulldogs/IceDogs game in early December)...and I thought it was bad THEN. (And I didn't think much of it when the Bulldogs were an AHL team.) That said, I really don't know if Buffalo would be an option for the Bulldogs if they have to pack up and move again. They'd have, at BEST, third choice for scheduling purposes(Sabres come first, then the NLL's Bandits). AND the KeyBank Center has no curtains for the top deck, so they'd either have to open up all levels or restrict it to the 100 and 200 levels only.
Buffalo may work but Hamilton ownership should rethink Brampton. You'd be better of putting in an indoor cricket team instead of hockey. The GTA does not respond well to the OHL and the brand simply will not work here. It's Leafs' or bust.

I live in Toronto and work in Missy. I wouldn't dare see a Steelheads game. Not because of the Arena itself (which isn't necessarily that bad mind you) no it is because of the empty stands and the sterile and almost soulless atmosphere within it. No one talks about the OHL in Mississauga except for 358 people that go there on a regular basis.

There's nothing really else in TO and I just can't do the Oshawa because of history.
The Following User Says Thank You to Resonator For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 10:01 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Its bizarre that there are a million serious hockey fans in the GTA and they can't get 5000 to show up to an OHL game. I don't get it.

I think they should give Burlington a try. It would require a custom built arena though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2019, 07:48 AM

Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,644 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

York would have a chance if it is marketed correctly.