Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,708    Downloads: 1,574,447   Msgs Posted: 128,709   Thread Views: 25,861,122   Online Now: 91
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:02 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,095 Times in 747 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

There also peaking to soon Ottawa fairly easy schedule on paper down the stretch might not do them any favours.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:02 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,155 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

To both Chipperdog and Blacksox. I have not jumped off the bandwagon at all. Merely stating an opinion from the beatdown last night and absolutely no push back.
We travel to a lot of out of town games and will most likely catch all of the playoff road games cheering on our beloved team
We can make all the excuses that we want like the bus was late, we could not do our pre-game stuff and etc, etc.
But Ottawa sent our boys a message last night by being better than us in every department.

If our boys do not read the memo and look down deep in their hearts. We will save a lot of money and travel time to the east coast.

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 02-03-2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: wording correction
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 01:19 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,200 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...guess we won't see you at the parade then? Lol
What I want to happen and what I think will happen are two different things. I hope Iím wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 01:21 PM
Resident OHL Expert

fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Did you feel the same way after the SSM game?
SSM is not Ottawa.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:25 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Quote:
No jumping on the bandwagon after the fact please! No room and no beer for you!
Jumping off the bandwagon IMO means youíre not a fan. Iím a fan. Iím just not walking around with blinders on. Iím not going to make excuses after every loss. Because I donít think theyíll beat Ottawa doesnít mean I donít want them to. Thereís a difference. Judging by your posts. I think youíre intelligent enough to realize the difference.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,513 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
That’s right, playoffs are a different brand of hockey. One where you need good coaching, solid goaltending, stellar defence, play physical and have the ability to keep the pace for 60 minutes. Ottawa has the edge in every one of those categories. Sorry folks, I don’t see the Dogs beating this Ottawa team in a playoff series.
This post is not intended to be an excuse but rather to gain some perspective in the result of one single game.

Narrative after this game: Ottawa was the better team and beat Niagara easily. Everyone agrees with that.

Hypothetical situation: Ottawa arrives in Niagara an hour before the game – playing their 3rd game in 3 nights – and are without Hoefenmayer, Chmelevski and Bitton – on the other side of the rink you have the IceDogs at home with Paquette, Lodnia and Bruder (all fully healthy for week) in the lineup.

Is the game narrative different?
Old 02-03-2019, 02:22 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,857 Times in 1,040 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
That’s right, playoffs are a different brand of hockey. One where you need good coaching, solid goaltending, stellar defence, play physical and have the ability to keep the pace for 60 minutes. Ottawa has the edge in every one of those categories. Sorry folks, I don’t see the Dogs beating this Ottawa team in a playoff series.

I don’t think the Dogs win the East either... truly hope I’m wrong ... but ...

It comes down to one big difference for me, and an important one ...

DiPietro > Dhillon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2019, 02:37 PM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully if we do meet Ottawa in the finals that our guys will be somewhat more disciplined than last night and not take as many penalties or double penalties. There is no doubt that Ottawa have a very strong team but a whole lot can happen between now and when we face them again. Injuries, suspensions etc so who knows how it will affect each of the teams. Against the SSM Greyhounds I thought the Ice Dogs looked just as impressive as Ottawa did last night. A lot will depend on whether we can stay focused on the job in hand and work hard for the whole sixty minutes. I for one think that the Ice Dogs have a pretty good shot at winning and our play-off history seems to confirm that fact. Go Dogs Go
The Following User Says Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 02:44 PM
Serving a Suspension

Resonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
…... Ottawa arrives in Niagara an hour before the game – playing their 3rd game in 3 nights – and are without Hoefenmayer, Chmelevski and Bitton – on the other side of the rink you have the IceDogs at home with Paquette, Lodnia and Bruder (all fully healthy for week) in the lineup.

Is the game narrative different?
In this situation yes, roles are revered the Dogs nail Ottawa to the ice.

And BTW, I actually think that Andree IS the better goalie and that the Ottawa defense just plays well in front of Dipishi*so!

Let's hope they've peaked too and wither away down the stretch and we get stronger and stronger.

Don't worry I laid a hex on Ottawa in the playoffs a few year's back and up until now it is working

Jeff Hunt sucks!
Old 02-03-2019, 03:01 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,513 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Jumping off the bandwagon IMO means youíre not a fan. Iím a fan. Iím just not walking around with blinders on. Iím not going to make excuses after every loss. Because I donít think theyíll beat Ottawa doesnít mean I donít want them to. Thereís a difference. Judging by your posts. I think youíre intelligent enough to realize the difference.
There are several well-respected OHL experts, without any affiliation to Niagara, that also believe the IceDogs can win it all.

Without bias and blinders, they're able to see things a lot differently.