Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,656    Downloads: 1,434,048   Msgs Posted: 127,474   Thread Views: 23,969,610   Online Now: 127
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:48 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Hope Paquette is back at least.

Article at BPSports says he’ll be back next week.

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/icedog...ocked-in-goal/
The Following User Says Thank You to slamr For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 05:57 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,878 Times in 1,405 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

I hate to be pessimistic but I’m beginning to think that Lodnia is not coming back this year – and without him the IceDogs are not going to win it all.

Adding Lodnia to this lineup, would make them the favourites to win the east – and good enough to beat the west finalist.

It was posted he has a high ankle sprain…

How do we know this? Is this information from a reliable or credible source?

Has anyone seen Lodnia / or spoken to him at the rink since December 15th?

Did he have surgery on his ankle?

Does he have a cast on?

…the more secretive and longer this goes on without some explanation – announcement of his injury the more likely we are going to get some bad news soon.

Please make a liar out of me, Ivan!

#frustrated-justwantwinthis
Old 01-22-2019, 06:12 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,059 Times in 723 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I hate to be pessimistic but I’m beginning to think that Lodnia is not coming back this year – and without him the IceDogs are not going to win it all.

Adding Lodnia to this lineup, would make them the favourites to win the east – and good enough to beat the west finalist.

It was posted he has a high ankle sprain…

How do we know this? Is this information from a reliable or credible source?

Has anyone seen Lodnia / or spoken to him at the rink since December 15th?

Did he have surgery on his ankle?

Does he have a cast on?

…the more secretive and longer this goes on without some explanation – announcement of his injury the more likely we are going to get some bad news soon.

Please make a liar out of me, Ivan!

#frustrated-justwantwinthis
I doubt he done for the season but the Dogs will want him healthy for the postseason.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 06:14 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,103 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I doubt he is done for the season as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 06:23 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

I understand people saying I doubt it but based on what?

As fans, we still don’t know what his injury is for sure, the severity of the injury and if he had surgery? There are a lot of reasons to doubt his return at the moment.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:41 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

As fans, we still don’t know what his injury is for sure, the severity of the injury and if he had surgery? There are a lot of reasons to doubt his return at the moment.
Based on common sense if he was done for the year they’d probably say it I thought it was an ankle injury or is that just everyone guessing? What’s the reason to doubt a return until the week to week changes to out for the season you and everyone else should have 0 doubt
Old 01-22-2019, 08:29 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know if we can judge anything. For a long time, the Dogs ‘ MO has been ‘Say nothing, and just leave everyone, fans AND media completely in the dark.’ No matter how wild the speculation gets.
There’s only one thing better than controlling the message, and that’s simply not putting any message out at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 08:37 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

There’s only one reason the Dogs can get away with simply not disseminating any information about anything, and that is that it’s the OHL. You get, what, two Standard reporters covering the team? You might get maybe one reporter from a website, and that’s it. That’s the downside of junior hockey. There’s just not enough demand for information and coverage.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 09:30 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,181 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

How are you ever going to find out what his injury is for sure? Who do you believe? Do you believe anything IceDog management says publicly anymore? If you don’t, then how will you ever know for sure? If you do believe what they say, then Joey Burke saying “he’s in the middle of a high ankle sprain” “will be out for a couple of more weeks” is all the proof you need.

Last edited by fishfan51; 01-22-2019 at 09:38 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 10:45 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
How are you ever going to find out what his injury is for sure? Who do you believe? Do you believe anything IceDog management says publicly anymore? If you don’t, then how will you ever know for sure? If you do believe what they say, then Joey Burke saying “he’s in the middle of a high ankle sprain” “will be out for a couple of more weeks” is all the proof you need.
Not knowing what the injury is - when or if Lodnia is going to return - is my reason for being frustrated.

Personally, I respect the job Joey and Billy Burke have done to build this team in just 3 short years – and thrilled they rewarded the fans by buying and not selling. I love going to the games!!!

So, I’m frustrated because I know if this team is completely healthy – they have a decent shot at winning an OHL championship.

This whole shroud of secrecy in regards to this injury is now officially making me a little uneasy because being realistic - we won’t win without Lodnia

I just want to know that Lodnia will in fact be back at some point (that's it) – BUT the way injuries have been reported this year, I don’t feel confident in saying “I believe what management says publicly regarding injuries.”

I just want to be wrong !