Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,656    Downloads: 1,434,048   Msgs Posted: 127,474   Thread Views: 23,969,994   Online Now: 116
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:01 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Only a 178 tickets left for sale at this point.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:09 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,803 Times in 999 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
The tank rolls on

By Bill Potrecz

- January 29, 2019

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/the-tank-rolls-on/

In injury news, defenceman Jacob Paquette is day to day and could play this weekend. Forward Andrew Bruder is listed as week to week while winger Ivan Lodnia is expected back in about a month.

Guess coach Billy isn’t a doctor after all

Too bad that we will have been robbed of almost three months of seeing Lodnia play in likely his final OHL season... glad we didn’t overpay for him at least ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2019, 05:28 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,103 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Guess coach Billy isn’t a doctor after all

Too bad that we will have been robbed of almost three months of seeing Lodnia play in likely his final OHL season... glad we didn’t overpay for him at least ...

When Lodnia is healthy again and helps us get to the promised land in May, it will have been well worth the wait. These hockey injuries happen all the time.

Go Dogs Go!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2019, 06:17 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,803 Times in 999 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Soo Greyhounds @ Niagara IceDogs - Thursday, 2018.01.31 - 7pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
When Lodnia is healthy again and helps us get to the promised land in May, it will have been well worth the wait. These hockey injuries happen all the time.

Go Dogs Go!!

I know they happen all the time

However the Icedogs’ poor transparency on the injury to the fans and the constantly changing timelines of his return are not a usual thing ...

Which leads me to believe that the injury is more serious than they are letting on to believe and I’m unfortunately pessimistic by nature and I’m having a hard time believing what they say lately. HOPEFULLY he’s back within a month ... I’m not holding my breath on that though. For now I’m just hoping he’s back for a few games before the playoffs begin .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2019, 07:13 AM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

However the Icedogs’ poor transparency on the injury to the fans and the constantly changing timelines of his return are not a usual thing ...

Which leads me to believe that the injury is more serious than they are letting on to believe and I’m unfortunately pessimistic by nature and I’m having a hard time believing what they say lately. HOPEFULLY he’s back within a month ... I’m not holding my breath on that though. For now I’m just hoping he’s back for a few games before the playoffs begin .

Speaking for myself, transparency from the hockey staff is not that big a deal... Speaking for myself though. We cannot control what goes on and I accept that..
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2019, 08:46 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The consistently changing timetable happens especially with injuries like he has whatís been wrong with the transparency in this case?
Old 01-31-2019, 08:54 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,878 Times in 1,405 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Most years, I wouldn't really care about knowing players injury status so much.

However, this year, when we all know that a completely healthy IceDogs' team has a chance to do something really special in Niagara – it heightens everyone's sense of concern and need for transparency.

With this hope of competing for championship, fans don’t want to be strung along only to find out that the player so critical to the teams’ chances of winning it – is announced out for the season just before the start of the playoffs.

At this time, I’m going to trust that the report “Lodnia will return in a month” is accurate, but if it’s not…
Old 01-31-2019, 08:54 AM
Team Captain

We have found that sometimes breaking an ankle is better than spraining it. Unless the break is bad enough that it requires surgery.
It takes a long time for sprains to heal properly.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:03 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,878 Times in 1,405 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
The consistently changing timetable happens especially with injuries like he has whatís been wrong with the transparency in this case?
Other teams, like Ottawa and Guelph for example, announced immediately to their fans the severity of the injuries to their star players.

The first report on Lodnia was a minor injury. That's fine to error at first, but they obviously knew soon after that it was far more serious. Fans went to game after game, in the new year, expecting to see Lodnia back on the ice. It never happened - and we didn't know why.

Lodnia will end up being out for 2-3 months. IceDogs fans don't even really know exactly what the injury it (listed as lower body).

The fact that IceDogs fans care about this stuff is a good thing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2019, 09:05 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Most years, I wouldn't really care about knowing players injury status so much.

However, this year, when we all know that a completely healthy IceDogs' team has a chance to do something really special in Niagara Ė it heightens everyone's sense of concern and need for transparency.

With this hope of competing for championship, fans donít want to be strung along only to find out that the player so critical to the teamsí chances of winning it Ė is announced out for the season just before the start of the playoffs.

At this time, Iím going to trust that the report ďLodnia will return in a monthĒ is accurate, but if itís notÖ
If the reported info is right heís back in a month if not then well itís an ankle injury which can take a long time to heal (longer than teams expect sometimes) only fans who donít know about injuries and the time they usually take are being strung along most people understand