Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,708    Downloads: 1,581,275   Msgs Posted: 128,748   Thread Views: 25,960,528   Online Now: 106
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:27 PM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

On the slew foot, the replays seemed that the other player turned before Castleman came up behind him. Castle,and did not make contact with his feet when he hit the other player. They seemed to both fall as he was grabbed. No suspension was posted today on the OHL site.

On Jones hit, when Mississauga tried to jump him after, I was impressed with his restraint. His big thing was waiting for the other player to get up. As soon as he did, Jones skated over to him to give him a tap and aplogize.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:25 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,041 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Hope it's not Niagara.

Hope Oshawa doesn’t surprise us!!!! ☺️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2019, 07:36 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,117 Times in 657 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneHead View Post
On the slew foot, the replays seemed that the other player turned before Castleman came up behind him. Castle,and did not make contact with his feet when he hit the other player. They seemed to both fall as he was grabbed. No suspension was posted today on the OHL site.

On Jones hit, when Mississauga tried to jump him after, I was impressed with his restraint. His big thing was waiting for the other player to get up. As soon as he did, Jones skated over to him to give him a tap and aplogize.
As per Rod Mawhood.... Castleman will be not be suspended
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2019, 09:53 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,095 Times in 747 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Missy beat Ottawa tonight in a shootout don’t feel has bad now lol.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:59 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,200 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Missy beat Ottawa tonight in a shootout donít feel has bad now lol.
It wasnít the fact they lost last night.... itís how they lost.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2019, 11:36 PM
1st Line

61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of

Just for a little levity, this game here was at this point in the season last year (to be exact, one week closer to playoffs).

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/gamec...7/play_by_play

Bad games happen. I have a client that has a motto for their employees of "we either win or we learn", let's hope there was a lesson learned last night. I'd rather that learning experience be in the regular season than in the playoffs. It's not about winning every game, when we get to the playoffs, it's about winning four out of every seven. I believe we have the ability to beat any team four out of seven (though I'm sure we are far from the only team that believes that). If we play like we played last night every game from here on out, clearly we won't be going very far -- but I think those nights will be fewer and farther between.

For reference, our point percentage this year is .696. Hamilton's last year was .684.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me, the games Niagara wins, they win almost by default. Default is the wrong word. They kick the crap out of the sub-par teams, but against the contenders - different story.
Why? Getting out-coached. This is why the Dogs are going to get smoked on this road trip. Desperate teams that are desperate for points. Usually with veteran players, when they arrive via trade to contenders, they’re there to complement what’s already there. With Niagara, it seems like when Jason Robertson and Sam Studnicka arrived, it was like: (New Players):We’re here!
IceDogs: Whew, thank goodness, now you two can do everything for us.
Surprisingly enough, it doesn’t go well.
I won’t sit here and bash the Burke Boys. I think that’s gone pretty much exactly as I thought. A team too talented to fail until it counts. I really hope I’m wrong on this, but this team has gotten steamrolled a lot more than I thought it would this year.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:42 PM
All Star

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Here the break down of our record against contenders
East Ottawa 1 and 3
Oshawa 1 win 1 over time loss.
Sudbury 1 and 2 three games left
West London two overtime losses
Guelph one win overtime loss
Sault one win play them tonight
Old 02-09-2019, 01:50 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,155 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Here the break down of our record against contenders
East Ottawa 1 and 3
Oshawa 1 win 1 over time loss.
Sudbury 1 and 2 three games left
West London two overtime losses
Guelph one win overtime loss
Sault one win play them tonight
Sure does not take your breathe away.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:59 PM
All Star

Nope but our team never been completely healthy expect for six games certainly have to avoid overtime lol.