Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,708    Downloads: 1,581,187   Msgs Posted: 128,748   Thread Views: 25,960,241   Online Now: 87
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:26 AM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
It is too bad that once again, our team did not come out for the opening faceoff ready to play.
They had to be down three goals before they came to realise that the game had begun and they missed it.
The coaching staff has to take the full blame for this.

Maybe Niagara spoils and pampers the players. Maybe instead of busing to the Soo the day before the game, they should bus there on game day.
If they are going to have bus legs (almost looked like it to me) let them have 8 hour bus legs to start the game.
Time to get tough... Coaching staff
Definitely agree with you. I have said the same thing many times. Treat these guys as employees not you children. When family is left out of the work place things run much better.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:27 AM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Ya and it is showing in their play. No everyone on here is stupid to how the game works.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:28 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I realise the first goal was off a skate, but whether the puck was directed towards the net with a skate or stick, Dhillon needs to save that with his right pad. It was not a difficult shot or save to make.
I donít blame Dhillon for not stopping that sometimes goalies get caught off guard by those deflections but I agree he couldíve got it with his pad
Old 02-10-2019, 10:31 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,096 Times in 1,514 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I donít blame Dhillon for not stopping that sometimes goalies get caught off guard by those deflections but I agree he couldíve got it with his pad
I don't know. A puck passed to the front of the net with a player charging the net - you have to expect the puck to be redirected (skate or stick) to the net.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 10:55 AM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Sorry to upset you Mr Burke...please fire your son and get a real coach in here before it is to late...lol
If only we could have more people as smart as you running the team. I am sure all of their problems would go away. That is of course until someone had an opinion different than yours and then they would be in trouble
The Following User Says Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 11:01 AM

Thanked 3,363 Times in 1,835 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
Definitely agree with you. I have said the same thing many times. Treat these guys as employees not you children. When family is left out of the work place things run much better.
Had a recent discussion with a long-term billet recently, and those same comments were echoed. Discipline used to be the theme (eating, sleeping, schoolwork, curfew, practice). The new norm is that the players are left in charge of their own regime with no accountability to the organization.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
If only we could have more people as smart as you running the team. I am sure all of their problems would go away. That is of course until someone had an opinion different than yours and then they would be in trouble
This place is full of so-called experts...I value everyone's opinion in here...even yours.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:01 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t blame Steve Dhillon. I blame the coaching staff for not having/ever using a backup goaltender. Just FYI, ‘coaching staff’: this is why Dhillon breaks down in the stretch, and into the playoffs. Use the backup goaltender. You know, that other kid with goal pads on. This team is going to crash hard if the coaching staff doesn’t figure this out soon. I wonder what effect the new goaltender coach will have?
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 02:15 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,155 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Had a recent discussion with a long-term billet recently, and those same comments were echoed. Discipline used to be the theme (eating, sleeping, schoolwork, curfew, practice). The new norm is that the players are left in charge of their own regime with no accountability to the organization.
Wow!
If even half of what you were told is true, I am deeply disappointed.

Out with the old school and in with the new ????? do what ever you want. hm..
Old 02-10-2019, 02:30 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,096 Times in 1,514 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
See now here is the problem – who and what exactly do we believe?

I personally know a long-time billet who told me that she was not returning this year because the demands on her family to manage their nutrition and the responsibility to keep close tabs of the players in terms of school and their whereabout got to be too much for her – and did not return as a billet this year.

Last edited by Blacksox; 02-10-2019 at 02:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: