Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,817,245   Msgs Posted: 134,331   Thread Views: 31,052,158   Online Now: 174
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-19-2020, 02:54 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

I guess my other question is... I know less about other teams in the league than I usually do. Who will we be fighting at the the bottom of the conference for 8th? I'm assuming North Bay will still be down there?
Old 04-19-2020, 03:23 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by notldogsfan View Post
I guess my other question is... I know less about other teams in the league than I usually do. Who will we be fighting at the the bottom of the conference for 8th? I'm assuming North Bay will still be down there?
Just a guess but I’d say Peterborough might sell off which would put them down there and you’d have to think if Byfield makes the NHL Sudbury is down there as well (might be down there regardless looking at that roster)and I’m not sure what Ottawa is returning honestly other than Oshawa and Barrie I could see the east being a giant ? next season

Last edited by dogs777; 04-19-2020 at 03:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 03:25 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,870 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
As in past years, that question can’t be answered until after the trade deadline - when teams have sorted themselves as buyers and sellers - looking to tank in the second half. The IceDogs will be neither buyers or sellers - so we’ll know which teams they will be batting against in early January
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2020, 09:40 AM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

draftsite.com “2021 NHL Draft” 157 Player Ranked (NA/European + Goalies)

Giancarlo Chanton AVG RANKING: 61.76 Highest Ranking: 45 / Lowest Ranking: 76

Isaac Enright AVG RANKING: 68.88 Highest Ranking: 52 / Lowest Ranking: 84

…both projected in the 3rd round of the 2021 NHL draft @ draftsite.com

Last edited by Blacksox; 04-21-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:10 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Our first draft sighing Fimis
Old 04-21-2020, 03:34 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming everyone signs and no trades are made this is what I think the lines look like by Christmas
1st line Import - Fimis - Butler

2nd line Cooke - Uberti- De Simone/Doherty

3rd line SNOW - PETERS - AGOSTINELLI

4th line Doherty/De Simone - Bruder/Theriault- Roobroeck
I think Fimis starts the year second or 3rd line for the first month or so
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2020, 03:46 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Assuming everyone signs and no trades are made this is what I think the lines look like by Christmas

That would be huge if Fimis overtakes Uberti in the first season, but I'm cautiously not expecting it until his 2nd season. Akil Thomas had an incredible rookie year. But our 3 highest forwards drafted to the NHL (Strome, Perlini, Tomasino) all really struggled in their rookie year.

This is why I would really like one or two vets who can produce more scoring brought in if the cost isn't too high.

I'll admit I'm happy the Burke's recognized their mistake in their last run with that weak defense. I'm glad to see they learned to build the back end first this time!
Old 04-21-2020, 05:11 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
That would be huge if Fimis overtakes Uberti in the first season, but I'm cautiously not expecting it until his 2nd season. Akil Thomas had an incredible rookie year. But our 3 highest forwards drafted to the NHL (Strome, Perlini, Tomasino) all really struggled in their rookie year.

This is why I would really like one or two vets who can produce more scoring brought in if the cost isn't too high.

I'll admit I'm happy the Burke's recognized their mistake in their last run with that weak defense. I'm glad to see they learned to build the back end first this time!
Fimis might not overtake Uberti heck he might not pass Peters but my thought process was/is why not try him up there and see what happens
Old 04-21-2020, 08:09 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default See what happens?

Quote:
Fimis might not overtake Uberti heck he might not pass Peters but my thought process was/is why not try him up there and see what happens
If these next 2-3 years are for developing players to their abilities & growing a core of players, how about taking our time & allowing
purposeful development without any panic or acceleration of the agenda. Maybe we can create a more sustainable development model leading to a team which will grow/gell together over a time & learn to trust each other.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:22 PM
Team Captain

Quote:

As the roster is currently constructed, the line combinations you created make sense. However, I would add that Bruder with his 3 years of OHL experience, size (6.02) and physicality wins the 3rd OA spot over Theriault. Also, replacing Doherty (LW) with an OA (RW) upgrade who is more of goal scorer makes that potentially a decent offensive line.

The 4th line just needs to be shuffled around - DeSimone is a RW and Roobroeck shoots L. Actually a centreman, but a year learning on the LW, with Bruder as his mentor, is a good place for him to start.

I really hope they try that Snow, Peters and Agostinelli trio. If those 3 collectively take the next development step, that would be a fun line to watch each night. Iím a fan of all 3 of those players. Iím really hoping Cam Peters finally gets a full season, in major role, to develop the high end talent he showcased as both a Bantam and MM players. His MM year with the Marlies was outstanding.

Here is a highlight reel from his Academy and Bantam years. Peters has so much potentialÖ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: