Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,817,245   Msgs Posted: 134,331   Thread Views: 31,052,158   Online Now: 177
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:36 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,486 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Not sure who will wear the C or As, but my prediction is that these 4 players will all be part of the leadership team.

Adrian Beraldo His natural leadership abilities were evident last season, especially during the Tucker Tynan incident.

Daniil Gushchin He wore an A with Muskegon, speaks English well and will be an offensive leader.

Mason Howard Leads by example and when he was blocking multiple shots, you can see by the reactions of his teammates he has their respect.

Jake Uberti After the trades, he took a huge step forward in his development and adding the role of leadership will accelerate his maturation into an elite OHL player.
I think you wait until camp and see who put their work in this summer. Going by last year I think it's Howard at least from afar.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:00 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Can see Mason Howard playing big mins...lots of blocked shots...big hits..but his skating is slow.
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2020, 08:10 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,870 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Any thoughts on who will form the IceDogs #1 line in 20-21? LW Daniel Gushchin - C Jake Uberti - RW Cameron Butler?
Although they would be a year or two younger than most other teams #1s, that trio has the skill to be a productive scoring unit. The IceDogs are drafting and developing some exciting young players in this rebuild.

More video of Daniel Gushchin’s uber-talents…
BEST of DANIIL GUSHCHIN

Jake Uberti is a big strong kid who can skate, shoot, pass and play with an edge – hits hard, goes to the dirty areas and is NOT afraid to drive hard to the net. Uberti took a major step forward in his second OHL season and as the #1 centre playing alongside Butler and Gushchin – this could be his breakout season…
JAKE UBERTI HIGHLIGHT REEL:

Cameron Butler is a “high ceiling” prospect that features the combination of size, speed, shot and aggression to be a power winger in the NHL…
CAMERON BUTLER HIGHLIGHT REEL

Last edited by Blacksox; 07-22-2020 at 10:32 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2020, 02:38 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

I think at least for the time being, that is the first line. I expect in closer games they will play 25-30 mins those nights.

Fimis will center the second line (at least by the end of the season). I would like the team to acquire a 19 or 20 year old who can put up 20 goals on his wing, if it can be found for a reasonable price. I'm sure one of our other young players will surprise and step up on the other wing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notldogsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2020, 03:39 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by notldogsfan View Post
I think at least for the time being, that is the first line. I expect in closer games they will play 25-30 mins those nights.

Fimis will center the second line (at least by the end of the season). I would like the team to acquire a 19 or 20 year old who can put up 20 goals on his wing, if it can be found for a reasonable price. I'm sure one of our other young players will surprise and step up on the other wing.
I agree with the first line I wonder if they start Fimis out as a Center and put him on the third line or start him on the wing with Peters and whoever (my guess is De Simone) on line 2
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2020, 08:04 PM
4th Line

Alwayssunny1 will become famous soon enough

I would like to see Howard as a forward with fimis to give some protection
Old 07-22-2020, 08:39 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayssunny1 View Post
I would like to see Howard as a forward with fimis to give some protection
can never keep up with him
Old 07-22-2020, 08:53 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,870 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

LW - Gushchin, C - Uberti and RW - Butler appears to be the logical #1 line, so what will the 2nd line look like?

I agree with notldogsfan and dogs777 – the IceDogs will probably use some expendable assets (e.g., Sbaraglia and a 4th) to acquire a Castleman/Philip type player to play on the 2nd line – the possibility of Pano Fimis starting the season as a winger on a veteran laden line - and Cam Peters as the #2 C to start the season.

Cam Peters is an intriguing player - he was so highly touted in his draft year. OHL Prospects wrote, “Cam Peters has one of the highest ceilings in the draft and oozes NHL potential. Peters is one of the most powerful centres in the draft possessing an attractive mix of size, power, speed and puck-skill making him hard to contain."
Given the opportunity, as an 18, 19 and 20 year old, Peters has the talent to develop into a top 6 forward (or at least a solid top 9).

2018 OHL Priority Selection Profile: Cameron Peters
https://ontariohockeyleague.com/vide...cameron-peters

Cam Peters Highlight Reel (features minor and junior hockey footage)…

Pano Fimis Profile…

Looking for a young player to step up and surprise on the wing – keep an eye on Agostinelli and/or Snow.

Last edited by Blacksox; 07-22-2020 at 09:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 02:06 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,175 Times in 807 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Howard will be a great captain
Old Today, 06:16 PM
Top Prospect

So are Stephen Halliday univ of North Dakota and David Gucciardi Michigan State univ still going NCCA route this fall? two toronto born players.....