Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,817,245   Msgs Posted: 134,331   Thread Views: 31,052,130   Online Now: 181
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-10-2020, 10:40 AM

Thanked 3,587 Times in 1,975 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I would love to know how the Rangers only made $335k with gross revenue of $6.7M!?

Assuming the overhead (ie operating expenses) for all OHL franchises is relatively equal ... then fans like Missy et al that don?t bring in $6.7M would be losing millions per season .... which I can?t imagine they do

I?d love to see where the Rangers spend their money ...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am betting part of their budget includes contingencies such as planning for a new building. I am sure their documents could be obtained through FOI.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:50 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,175 Times in 807 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Kitchener plans https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/kitchen...core-1.4782709
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2020, 01:49 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I would love to know how the Rangers only made $335k with gross revenue of $6.7M!?

Assuming the overhead (ie operating expenses) for all OHL franchises is relatively equal ... then fans like Missy et al that don?t bring in $6.7M would be losing millions per season .... which I can?t imagine they do

I?d love to see where the Rangers spend their money ...........

Part of it is that the Rangers are paying the city back for the $10 million dollar loan to expand the Aud by 1000 seats. I think the Rangers pay appropriately $1 million per year back to the city until the loan is paid off.

However that only accounts for some of the money. In a recent article, it was stated the Icedogs budget is $3 - $3.5 million. Even with the loan payback, there is still a huge gap. I do remember reading somewhere that the Rangers donate some of their profit to the community since they are community owned. Maybe that can explain some of it.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:53 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Part of it is that the Rangers are paying the city back for the $10 million dollar loan to expand the Aud by 1000 seats. I think the Rangers pay appropriately $1 million per year back to the city until the loan is paid off.

However that only accounts for some of the money. In a recent article, it was stated the Icedogs budget is $3 - $3.5 million. Even with the loan payback, there is still a huge gap. I do remember reading somewhere that the Rangers donate some of their profit to the community since they are community owned. Maybe that can explain some of it.
Here is more on the Aud addition and Rangers payback - https://www.therecord.com/sports/ran...r-rangers.html
Old 05-10-2020, 02:03 PM
2nd Line

Quote:
Here is more on the Aud addition and Rangers payback - https://www.therecord.com/sports/ran...r-rangers.html
And here are some details on the Rangers financials for the 18-19 season - https://www.therecord.com/sports/hoc...ve-season.html.

They gave almost $500,000 to charity, are paying back the $10.6 million loan for the Aud expansion as well as paying down debt for the $1.7 million video scoreboard.

Looks like they have lots of debt payments.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:19 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem Kitchener and their arena are pretty much the same enterprise to a certain extent.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:22 PM
All Star

three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

This we can all agree on https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...an-bench-boss/
Old 05-11-2020, 12:28 AM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to behold

I think you would find that they have a lot of professional people in their office. I see they just hired Joe Birch from the OHL. He was a Vice-President at the OHL so I am guessing he gets paid a little more than whoever does the same job for the Ice Dogs , that is if there is anyone that does that job here.
Look at the OHL media Guide and you will see that they have a ton of staff including 10 scouts.
The look at the staff of the Ice Dogs. Quite a huge difference
Old 05-11-2020, 12:10 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,247 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Well principal payments paid on an outstanding loan don?t reduce your operating income. The principal portion of the payment reduces your debt. The interest on the loan reduces your operating income. So only a fraction of that $1M is actually deductible versus operating income.

I guess I would like to see what their operating income was BEFORE interest payments and any donations to the city/charity. That would give a clearer picture of their actual profitability.

In the past I?ve looked for their financial statements but I cannot find them. Surprised they are not readily available since they are community owned ....

Old 05-16-2020, 10:06 AM
All Star

Interesting article https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...n-next-season/