Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,656,854   Msgs Posted: 130,980   Thread Views: 27,689,605   Online Now: 121
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Ok that's true they can do something but I dint think they can do those things without being told to do so
As there fond of reminding us, they can do whatever they like. It was mentioned previously and they said they would try but that didn't happen. You'll see the ref make a call behind the play and look to the replay to see what happend except Eff Gee is showing the Pest of the Game instead.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:15 PM
Game Media

fourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud of

Hey all,

Thanks for bringing up the replay concern!

As you probably noticed: this year is jam packed with promotions and sponsorship reads activations etc. etc. more than ever. This is actually a good thing because it means our community is rallying behind the team even during a rebuild!

What this also means: There's quite a lot to get through. Sometimes depending on the flow of play, this can mean a promo must be executed almost every whistle of a play. We are doing our best to fit them all in without completely derailing momentum or atmosphere. We are also working with the Dogs and the sponsors to optimize or "refine" some of this content to be as unobtrusive as possible.

SOOOOO what about replays though? Well we do our best to either cut to replays or buffer them to play right after a promo is executed. For a little insight into the logistics of this: As there is no in house camera team covering the game, the game coverage is limited to whatever Cogeco provides. We don't have a prompt or comm, just a video feed so we have wait and see what is sent. This means whatever you see on screen is whatever they have chosen (or chosen not) to air.

We wouldn't argue we are perfect as sometimes things are missed or we simply have to execute a promo regardless, however 9x out of ten you don't see a replay because there isn't a replay provided.

Thanks again for raising criticism and constructive feedback, that is why we created this thread.

- FG
Old 11-24-2016, 11:21 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,128 Times in 772 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Maybe the OHL does not want replays on conterversal plays
Old 11-24-2016, 05:26 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Makes their official look even worse when a thousand fans see the bad call and the video shows the refs got it wrong. As far as I know there is no OHL rule to prevent showing replays. As a matter of fact if it ever gets to that point, I'd just stay home and watch it on cogeco.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:59 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,284 Times in 1,639 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Fourground? TVCogeco? A Vintage Niagara 60 series starting next year would be a great idea!
Old 01-21-2017, 10:43 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Fourground? TVCogeco? A Vintage Niagara 60 series starting next year would be a great idea!
That would be really good. Show us how lucky we are to be watching today's faster, and decidedly less dangerous and interesting brand of hockey. Listening to Todd Warriner do commentary makes me miss watching Jason Clarke punching him in the mouth... lol No honestly I find Windsor's broadcast team to be really balanced and they do try to make it interesting... They had some excellent points re: the IceDogs play.

Would love to see some vintage Thunder clips, and some early IceDogs clips as well... Doubt there are many tapes of Flyers game... lol
Old 01-22-2017, 11:16 PM
Top Prospect

I will say this about London, they played zero - ZERO - hip-hop and rap.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:25 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,997 Times in 1,125 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post

What do they play during the warmups? Curious. Not sure if u were there for the warmups or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2017, 03:22 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
I went to a Canadian World Junior game at the ACC and I think every song played was a current song. Most of the songs were Top 40 music or dance. To be honest it seemed to energize the crowd. My friend who came with me mentioned how energizing and loud the music was and said that he wished the IceDogs games played more dance and top 40 songs. He also said several NHL games he has been to recently played the same top 40 and dance music. I guess everyone has their music preferences but playing top 40 and dance seems to be the trend now.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 01-24-2017 at 03:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2017, 05:35 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,997 Times in 1,125 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I went to a Canadian World Junior game at the ACC and I think every song played was a current song. Most of the songs were Top 40 music or dance. To be honest it seemed to energize the crowd. My friend who came with me mentioned how energizing and loud the music was and said that he wished the IceDogs games played more dance and top 40 songs. He also said several NHL games he has been to recently played the same top 40 and dance music. I guess everyone has their music preferences but playing top 40 and dance seems to be the trend now.

I think pup was referring more to the gangsta and thug rap played during warmups then the music played during the game.

I don't like dance/pop/top 40 music. I prefer my music hard and loud. However I know that they need to appeal to a wider range audience of 5000 people than merely just to my ears. So I understand what they play during games and I really don't mind it.

I do have a problem with loud music that 'sounds' terrible because the sound system can't produce a good loud sound. When they push the volume up in the MCU, I find it 'sounds' awful.

I was in Philly for two games this year watching the Flyers. The in game music was VERY loud. I didn't complain about it cuz it 'sounded' AMAZING...

I realize you can't compare the sound systems and acoustics between the WFC and the MCU. My point is if it doesn't sound good at high volumes , then don't play it that loud...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk