Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,160    Downloads: 832,950   Msgs Posted: 111,452   Thread Views: 16,669,989   Online Now: 46
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:25 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

That is one atrocious power play. I would start maybe declining penalties..
Again, the refs are awful, but unless you score on the opportunities you do get, you can't complain. Not scoring on a 5-minute major is inexcusable.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2016, 11:18 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,191 Times in 659 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

They really didn't have many good chances on it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2016, 11:57 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
They really didn't have many good chances on it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is true but if you just shoot the puck anything can happen
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2016, 12:19 AM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
This is true but if you just shoot the puck anything can happen
Very true....H. Davis had 6 chances on that 5 min pp that he probably could have scored if had just shot the puck
Old 10-16-2016, 09:55 AM
4th Line

Dawger is a jewel in the roughDawger is a jewel in the roughDawger is a jewel in the rough

You guys are all right! Our power play stinks! To not score late in a tight game with a 5 minute power play is horrendous! Any updates on Mantha? He obviously must have been hurt but I didn't see a play where he was injured. Hopefully only minor, as aside from really missing him now it could hurt his trade value later. It is too bad it took him being injured to get Haydon back on defense where I honestly believe he belongs. Haydon would certainly help stabilize the back end a bit, especially if he were paired with Hunter or Clapham (both of whom look a little shell shocked back there). Anyone know what is wrong with Jones?...Another guy we were counting on this year. And what is up with Demin? He has looked lost out there after being so highly touted...sorry for the ramblings...just a little frustrated at the results, although pleased with the effort of the boys! I fully understand this is a rebuild and I am not a fickle uneducated fan, but as someone noted, this area doesn't support losing teams much. I dont want to dump on the coaches so early in the season, and there is obviously a reason they are coaches and I am not, but I think we can slip into the playoffs if we can squeeze out with a few more wins from these close games. Clean up the power play and stop playing players (Haydon) out of position.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:04 AM
1st Line

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

How many 1 goal losses so far? Anyone know?
Old 10-16-2016, 10:42 AM
3rd Line

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

5 - 1 goal losts so far
The Following User Says Thank You to pg007 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
You guys are all right! Our power play stinks! To not score late in a tight game with a 5 minute power play is horrendous! Any updates on Mantha? He obviously must have been hurt but I didn't see a play where he was injured. Hopefully only minor, as aside from really missing him now it could hurt his trade value later. It is too bad it took him being injured to get Haydon back on defense where I honestly believe he belongs. Haydon would certainly help stabilize the back end a bit, especially if he were paired with Hunter or Clapham (both of whom look a little shell shocked back there). Anyone know what is wrong with Jones?...Another guy we were counting on this year. And what is up with Demin? He has looked lost out there after being so highly touted...sorry for the ramblings...just a little frustrated at the results, although pleased with the effort of the boys! I fully understand this is a rebuild and I am not a fickle uneducated fan, but as someone noted, this area doesn't support losing teams much. I dont want to dump on the coaches so early in the season, and there is obviously a reason they are coaches and I am not, but I think we can slip into the playoffs if we can squeeze out with a few more wins from these close games. Clean up the power play and stop playing players (Haydon) out of position.
I heard 'lower body injury' for Jones. But again, this is part of the problem with the local media not getting info, or disseminating it very well. The team's social media presence is almost non-existent as far as news about players and such.

Machala was falling down a lot in the early part of the game, but either they got him some new skates or sharpened his blades between 2nd and 3rd period. After that he was flying...

Demin seems to still be adjusting to the league. Seems a bit unsure of himself, his passes aren't as crisp as you'd expect. In fact most of the team's passing has been pretty horrific. And not many of the rookies are carrying the puck well.

At various times they look great, and horrible, I suppose that's a young team for you. No one is really standing out yet. Philip looks good so far, as does Singer, Machala, and Ham. But again, when they look good on one shift, the next one they look lost.

As far as I'm concerned no one is really earning an every night spot, and we will continue to rotate rookies in and out. Would like to get a better look at MacPherson. Looks like he's only played one game so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2016, 11:56 AM
4th Line

candyman will become famous soon enough

Time for the coaches to eliminate midget jockey mistakes. Circling back with the puck, soft plays up the boards and one handed pokes at the puck just to name a few. Frustrating to watch the same mistakes over and over again
The Following User Says Thank You to candyman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2016, 12:17 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Soft called played a factor last night as well... specially for Ham... I noticed that after he got that interference call in the first it looked like he was second guessing himself every.time he went to throw a hit
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post: