Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,446    Downloads: 1,211,554   Msgs Posted: 121,961   Thread Views: 21,701,648   Online Now: 90
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:45 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!
Default Cogeco cable to carry home games (hopefully)

I just received this email reply about TV schedule of the team:

Good morning:
Thanks for your e-mail.
We are currently in discussions with the local Cogeco station
and our hope is that all 34 home games will be televised. At least,
that's the plan. We're not sure whether Cogeco will pick up the feed
from any of our road games.
All of these factors are still being discussed. Once we finalize
th discussions, we'll post the information on our website.
-------------

But it looks like if they don't carry the road games, we may have to pay the lousy $25/month that Cogeco charges for the Super Sports package.

A few years ago you could order JUST the NHL Center Ice or MLB or whatever, but now they force you to pay more and get them all (I was very angry with Cogeco when they switched it to this). THey tried to explain "Yah, well it's actually a lot cheaper this way instead of buying each individual sports package" - they just did NOT understand that I didn't WANT the other sports and didn't WANT to pay for them. Grrr...

And I intend on getting to as many home games as I can so having them on free/local cable won't matter much to me anyway.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:02 AM
4th Line

St. Kits is on a distinguished road

This is great news! I hope they can carry all of their home games. It would be a great way to get more people interested in the team. Here's hoping the IceDogs will be in Niagara (St. Kitts) for longer than 5 years!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 01:54 AM
All Star

RioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Kits View Post
This is great news! I hope they can carry all of their home games. It would be a great way to get more people interested in the team. Here's hoping the IceDogs will be in Niagara (St. Kitts) for longer than 5 years!!!
This is great. Im more worried about getting some away games not getting carried. Even a radio feed will be nice.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:50 AM
3rd Line

Ref has a spectacular aura aboutRef has a spectacular aura aboutRef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioBravo View Post
This is great. Im more worried about getting some away games not getting carried. Even a radio feed will be nice.
I believe, I heard that 610 will be carrying the radio feed for all the Icedog games.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:54 AM
3rd Line

Ref has a spectacular aura aboutRef has a spectacular aura aboutRef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Kits View Post
I don't have cogeco. They PMO 6 years ago. So I went to Bell.

Last year a lot of the Icedogs games were carried on Rogers Sportsnet. I hope that it will also be covered again this year.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:13 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref View Post
I don't have cogeco. They PMO 6 years ago. So I went to Bell.

Last year a lot of the Icedogs games were carried on Rogers Sportsnet. I hope that it will also be covered again this year.
Haha, Cogeco P'sMO on a weekly basis. Then on top of that they keep calling to ask if I want to run my phone through their service which can't even keep the TV and internet connections reliable..

Anyway....

For people who are satellite subscribers you should be able to still see all the games through the Rogers "Super Sports" package. Which is *another* thing that makes me angry - you used to be able to just pay for what you want, now you have to pay $24.95/month for *everything* including sports I couldn't care less about. Ok, I've done enough complaining for one message.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:27 PM
All Star

RioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really nice

Yeah that sports package is retarted. Then again they're probably making a ton of money off it.