Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,417    Downloads: 1,180,796   Msgs Posted: 120,944   Thread Views: 21,159,863   Online Now: 191
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related

Notices

General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related General sports talk or any discussions about topics within the Niagara Region

Old 10-08-2010, 10:00 AM
3rd Line

VizzyFan is just really niceVizzyFan is just really niceVizzyFan is just really niceVizzyFan is just really niceVizzyFan is just really nice
Thumbs up Radio Plug for New Arena

Hey Everyone,

I had the opportunity to put in a nice plug for a new arena for the Ice Dogs. I was interviewed by 610 CKTB about the upcoming elections on the way home from work the other day. Although I am not very interested in politics, when I was asked about any issues that people are talking about and that we want the city to address, I took the opportunity to mention that the fans here in the Niagara region would love to see a new facility built for the Ice Dogs to play in.

I just wanted to share this with the rest of the fans out there!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to VizzyFan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2010, 05:13 PM
3rd Line

Kat will become famous soon enough

Thank-you Morticia! Anyone that stands up and mentions this arena deserves alot of credit and a huge thank-you. Alot of people are willing to complain about the old Jack and say they want a new Rink, but when it comes down to going public, talking to the newspapers, politicians or making your voice heard, they hide and suddenly these matters aren't important enough to fight for.

So for you not even being political, and mentioning to the radio " Hey, we'd love to see a arena for the Dogs" is great. Every little bit helps and if everyone did a little bit we probably wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2010, 06:14 PM
2nd Line

Thanked 1,070 Times in 400 Posts
LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!

I agree 100%. Thank-you for talking about the arena on the radio. Hopefully more of you will voice your support in a public way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LocalSportsReport For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I heard they some people want it on Ontario street when g.m pulls out it would give the area boost fairly close to the highway has well
Old 10-09-2010, 11:47 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,360 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I heard they some people want it on Ontario street when g.m pulls out it would give the area boost fairly close to the highway has well
That would actually be a great location as it's close to restaurants, you exit one way on Ontario towards the QEW for everyone coming from the Falls way, you go the other way to the 406 for everyone from the Thorold/Welland way, and have another exit down Carlton St.

.. but... that land has already been spoken for. Apparently they're going to use it for 'medium density housing'. (probably retirement homes)
Old 10-09-2010, 12:41 PM
1st Line

rabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud ofrabiddogfan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
That would actually be a great location as it's close to restaurants, you exit one way on Ontario towards the QEW for everyone coming from the Falls way, you go the other way to the 406 for everyone from the Thorold/Welland way, and have another exit down Carlton St.

.. but... that land has already been spoken for. Apparently they're going to use it for 'medium density housing'. (probably retirement homes)
Yeah it makes way to much sense to put it there...you know all that parking and everything...thats why this moronic City will never go for it...lol