Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 1,001,324   Msgs Posted: 118,602   Thread Views: 19,634,018   Online Now: 86
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:36 AM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
You guys, seriously, go to a Sabres game. You’ll be happy to be back in the Meri Centre.
You can't compare a pro sports team to a junior club.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:14 AM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
You can't compare a pro sports team to a junior club.
Sure I can, our product is far superior. For a Junior team's overall polish, value and customer experience to exceed that of the NHL, is quite an accomplishment.

Last edited by Aircanuck; 10-25-2017 at 11:21 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 12:25 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

I have gone to plenty of Sabres games, you can't compare what they offer to any OHL team.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:27 PM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
I have gone to plenty of Sabres games, you can't compare what they offer to any OHL team.
Care to qualify that?

Let me start from my experience:

We were greeted by police with machine guns and full airline style security checks at the last Buffalo game we attended. Food was awful, crazy priced, no one took credit or debit and cash machines were nowhere to be found. I have taken so many people to both NHL and OHL games, hockey fans or not, people have enjoyed the OHL experience more. I still say the Meridian, although not perfect, takes the cake for entertainment value.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 06:37 PM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

I'm good. You can't compare the quality of the NHL game to the OHL game. Police in any context don't bother me and neither do precautionary security measures. Use domestic currency wherever you travel and recognize that electronic point of sale is more of a Canadian mainstay. Arena food is equally sucky and overpriced.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:55 PM
2nd Line

Quote:
I'm good. You can't compare the quality of the NHL game to the OHL game. Police in any context don't bother me and neither do precautionary security measures. Use domestic currency wherever you travel and recognize that electronic point of sale is more of a Canadian mainstay. Arena food is equally sucky and overpriced.
An OHL game going into the 3rd scored at 4-0. You stay for.
AN NHL game going into the 3rd scored at 4-0, you beat the traffic.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:29 AM
2nd Line

Quote:
AN NHL game going into the 3rd scored at 4-0, you beat the traffic.
I stay and watch both games for what they are. The OHL game for the mistakes and the NHL game for the perfection.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:57 AM
4th Line

Paws and Reflect is just really nicePaws and Reflect is just really nicePaws and Reflect is just really nicePaws and Reflect is just really nice
Default Hockey experience

Quote:
Sure I can, our product is far superior. For a Junior team's overall polish, value and customer experience to exceed that of the NHL, is quite an accomplishment.
I have for the past month enjoyed my hockey experience immensely while taking in our beloved Ice dogs. I find the walk to the game almost non existent, the large over sized seats, both comfy and expansive. The drinks flow almost freely and with a wide assortment available, minimal line ups and the security is definitely tolerable. Oh wait, after 10 years as a seasons ticket holder I have not renewed and now watch the games on Cogeco. Go Dogs Go !!!
Old 10-26-2017, 12:03 PM
2nd Line

Quote:
I stay and watch both games for what they are. The OHL game for the mistakes and the NHL game for the perfection.
I am the same way when I attend the symphony.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:09 PM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws and Reflect View Post
I have for the past month enjoyed my hockey experience immensely while taking in our beloved Ice dogs. I find the walk to the game almost non existent, the large over sized seats, both comfy and expansive. The drinks flow almost freely and with a wide assortment available, minimal line ups and the security is definitely tolerable. Oh wait, after 10 years as a seasons ticket holder I have not renewed and now watch the games on Cogeco. Go Dogs Go !!!
You are enjoying the comfort and convenience of watching the games at home however there is no way you can replicate the atmosphere or the excitement of being right in the spirit of the game with all the fans cheering and hollering for our Ice Dogs. There are pros and cons to everything and it is just what you want to put up with. Enjoy the comforts of home but don't forget to cheer for the Ice Dogs.
The Following User Says Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post: