Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,452    Downloads: 1,216,250   Msgs Posted: 122,215   Thread Views: 21,790,464   Online Now: 103
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:54 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I don't see the connection between KW and bringing in your own food and beverages? This policy is in place at most venues. As for the "it is sealed water" it is very simple to disguise vodka, rum or gin as water and reseal the bottle.
All they have to do is ask to open it and smell it. I'm sure water has no smell as compared to alcohol.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:12 PM

Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,568 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
All they have to do is ask to open it and smell it. I'm sure water has no smell as compared to alcohol.
Not too many security guard types going to take the time or risk to smell everyone's bottle contents.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:21 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Not too many security guard types going to take the time or risk to smell everyone's bottle contents.
I would have to apologize to them if they took a sniff of my water bottle... I keep forgetting to clean the damned thing out. And the water at school is rank. But I have a filter on it, so I never notice how bad it's getting in there until I go to fill it up again. If my choices are making the poor security people sniff my water bottle, or dump my bottle at the door, I'm going to dump that bottle every time.

Less impressed about the enforcement of the bag policy. Girlfriend used to love bringing her white board, and markers to make signs. Alas that little tradition has had to go the way of the dodo...
Old 10-23-2017, 10:27 PM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
Less impressed about the enforcement of the bag policy. Girlfriend used to love bringing her white board, and markers to make signs. Alas that little tradition has had to go the way of the dodo...
Carry in the white board and markers in hands, put a large cloth bag folded up in her pocket for after she gets past security. Long live the dodo.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:35 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Carry in the white board and markers in hands, put a large cloth bag folded up in her pocket for after she gets past security. Long live the dodo.

WAAAAAY too much hassle for the likes of me. lol

If she figures it out herself, I'll probably aid and abet her rule breaking ways... But... I have enough issues coming in after warm ups have started on Thursday and Fridays, because she didn't plan her school schedule properly around our IceDogs habit. lol
Old 10-24-2017, 01:27 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,557 Times in 858 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks4 View Post
I missed the first four games due to holiday and work commitments - so I dashed to the Meridian centre after work last night to catch the third period - looking forward to my first game of the year! I grabbed a water, my tickets and found a parking spot - I was the only one entering Mansion House side and said a bright hello to the security guard and was about to take the stairs when they said, you can't take in the water. I said I just got off work, I'm thirsty and it's sealed - nope can't take it in. I can take it in if it's empty but not full. So the policy is that a sealed bottle of water has to be opened, drained (wasted) and then I can take in my empty bottle to walk to the fountain and fill it for free. I'm I the only one who thinks this is asinine - welcome back to the Ice Dogs.

Ok it’s the year 2017 I’m not sure why you are surprised that they made you dump the water out before entering ... and if they did and if it was really water than what’s the big deal of refilling it with water once you enter the building ?

I’m sorry but it’s quite obvious concessions are a major revenue source for the city and Dogs ... so I’m not sure why you were shocked at this policy enforcement I’m sure it’s mostly geared to protecting their revenue .

I refuse to buy alcohol at the games now ... prices have become insane ... I do enjoy the food and am willing to pay those prices ... and yet somehow I still manage to have alcohol at the games ... *wink*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2017, 01:49 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

I think the water policy is crazy. A lot of venues allow you to bring in a sealed water bottle. I do that at the Bisons games all the time. I think the policy is more to discourage people from bringing water so they have to buy it there. Concession prices are definitely too expensive. On the plus side, with the high prices lineups at concessions are not too long.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:53 PM
1st Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Vote with your money. I patronize one of the fine establishments in the downtown before or after the game. $10 for a beer is ridiculous for junior hockey. It doesn't cost that 100 feet from the Meridian Centre so I refuse to pay it inside. I haven't quite gotten to the level where I sneak booze inside, but I won't reward their arrogance.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:14 AM
1st Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

You guys, seriously, go to a Sabres game. You’ll be happy to be back in the Meri Centre.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Vote with your money. I patronize one of the fine establishments in the downtown before or after the game. $10 for a beer is ridiculous for junior hockey. It doesn't cost that 100 feet from the Meridian Centre so I refuse to pay it inside. I haven't quite gotten to the level where I sneak booze inside, but I won't reward their arrogance.
I have done just that this year. I used to enjoy a beer or two each game at the Jack. The draft beer was reasonably priced for an event environment. At the Meridian Centre, the price jumped but then they also offered a craft beer that was enjoyable. The prices have continued to rise and the booth that sold craft beer is now in the crowded west end and the lineups are bad. So with the increased price and decreased availability, I decided enough is enough.