Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,422    Downloads: 1,187,642   Msgs Posted: 121,103   Thread Views: 21,315,391   Online Now: 57
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-19-2018, 09:42 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,086 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Game Thread Windsor @ Niagara - Friday, 2018.19.18 – 7:00pm

GAME 12 / 68 vs WINDSOR

October is Child Abuse Prevention Month. The Ice Dogs will be wearing specialty Superhero jerseys to show their support and appreciation for all superheroes in our community (foster families, volunteers, Family And Child Services (FACS) staff, community partners and community members).

All jerseys will be auctioned live post-game in Section 105. ALL proceeds will be donated to FACS Niagara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWE7WclDpi0

It only game 12, but it’s true - tonight, is a must win game for the IceDogs!

Michael DiPietro (7GP - 3.01 - 0.906) was in net last night for Windsor. So, it looks like the IceDogs get Import Kari Piiroinen (4GP - 2.70 - 0.913) and his stats are better.

Stephen Dhillon (7GP – 3.27 – 0.902) played well last night. He gave his outplayed teammates a chance to win the game. Dhillon is rested, so expect to see him back in the net tonight.

Windsor has been struggling to score goals this year. They are currently 16th in the league GF category (30 goals). Windsor’s leading scorer is 16 year old Jean-Luc Foudy (9 pts) and veteran Cole Purboo (8 pts). Local boy Tyler Angle (Thorold) gets his chance to play in front of family and friends.

Meanwhile, the IceDogs are 2nd in goals for (47). Akil Thomas (18 pts) and Krill Maksimov (17 pts) are both in the OHL top ten.

11 games into the season, Thomas on pace (86 assists) to eclipse the club record held by Ryan Strome (73 assists) and Maksimov is really tearing it up, as he remains on pace to shatter the club record held by Luca Caputi (51 goals) with 68 goals.

TEAM STATS
<> Ice Dogs are 3 points behind Division frontrunner Mississauga heading into tonight’s game.
<> Niagara PP ranked 5th. Shocking! How ineffective are the PPs of the 15 team below them?
<> Windsor’s PK ranked 3rd. A noteworthy game within the game tonight!

INJURY UPDATE
Sounds like Castleman and Tomasino are joining Roberts and Hunter. Gain 1 loss 2 is not a desired investment policy.

Ice Dogs need a team of "Heroes" - and not for just one day!

PICK YOUR FAVOURITE GENRE

Original Version – David Bowie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXgkuM2NhYI

Alternative Rock - Wallflowers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSMy_F4ImaE

Heavy Metal - Motörhead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J06yQb4lbPk

Synth-Pop / Electronic Rock - Depeche Mode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yzrZfgQvI

Electro house / Dance-Pop - David Guetta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tja6kTm6BQ

Progressive Rock (Orchestral Version) - Peter Gabriel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsvuipGq2ns

#GDG
Old 10-19-2018, 02:37 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,419 Times in 866 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I am predicting a one goal win for us tonight, Not sure of the score and no cheese burger as well.

But a large crowd tonight, most likely a sellout.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,419 Times in 866 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

In case anyone is curious and to work on the tolerance of other members, the attendance number for tonight is 5103 and standing room tickets are on sale.
Not sure if this is about Windsor coming in for their only appearance or the sweaters to be warn tonight.

Going out on the limb here: Dhillon starts between the pipes and we will be missing the two veteran D-man as well as Cattleman and Tomasino thanks to (cheap shot artist) Wendel's Kid
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 02:54 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Third straight game in three days no travel Windsor back to back games plus bus trip of about four hours time to get a good jump and we should win I say 4 to 2.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:48 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of light

Took a look at the standings. We are 1/6 the way through and we have the 6th best record in the East and the 11th best record in the league. I think Joey needs to start thinking about making some moves. Home ice is a big advantage for the Dogs with their great local support.
The Following User Says Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 06:07 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,086 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
Took a look at the standings. We are 1/6 the way through and we have the 6th best record in the East and the 11th best record in the league. I think Joey needs to start thinking about making some moves. Home ice is a big advantage for the Dogs with their great local support.
Since the summer, I’ve been advocating for the IceDogs to make some deals. Lodnia was a good start (McPherson not so much). I thought they would continue to be aggressive. Perhaps, they did try but were unsuccessful.

Brandon Saigeon was one I thought they should have taken a chance on and acquired his rights a long time ago, that would have worked out well - or tried to trade for him as soon as he was sent back. Neither happened – and as the OHL top scorer, the price for Saigeon has gone way up now.

A similar situation is possibly developing with Jonah Gadjovich – again not sure if this is being explored. I hope so.

Unfortunately, at this point, teams are likely going to hang on to their assets to a) remain competitive for as longs as possible and b) wait for a bidding war at the trade deadline. I think the opportunity to make significant game-changing deals has temporarily passed.

In terms of earning home ice advantage (agree extremely important), the IceDogs are only a central division title (3 pts) away from the number 2 seed in the east – and with all due respect, Mississauga and Sudbury over 68 games is not really a threat.

Last edited by Blacksox; 10-19-2018 at 06:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 09:33 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Since the summer, I’ve been advocating for the IceDogs to make some deals. Lodnia was a good start (McPherson not so much). I thought they would continue to be aggressive. Perhaps, they did try but were unsuccessful.

Brandon Saigeon was one I thought they should have taken a chance on and acquired his rights a long time ago, that would have worked out well - or tried to trade for him as soon as he was sent back. Neither happened – and as the OHL top scorer, the price for Saigeon has gone way up now.

A similar situation is possibly developing with Jonah Gadjovich – again not sure if this is being explored. I hope so.

Unfortunately, at this point, teams are likely going to hang on to their assets to a) remain competitive for as longs as possible and b) wait for a bidding war at the trade deadline. I think the opportunity to make significant game-changing deals has temporarily passed.

In terms of earning home ice advantage (agree extremely important), the IceDogs are only a central division title (3 pts) away from the number 2 seed in the east – and with all due respect, Mississauga and Sudbury over 68 games is not really a threat.

Every team always makes calls on guys if they don’t they aren’t doing their jobs but doesn’t mean they are available when asked.. as for this game boy Dhillon bites so easy/early on dekes it’s gunny
Old 10-19-2018, 09:46 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Hope I’m wrong going into the third but I feel like this is going to be just like the Sudbury game here
Old 10-19-2018, 10:48 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,011 Times in 1,383 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post

If I'm Joey I'm not adding anything more to this group until they prove they deserve it. Hopefully they'll get the missing d-men back and start a nice streak of successful weekends. Then and only then would I start filling the holes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 11:23 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,531 Times in 844 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Fun game to watch

1) didn’t notice Schafer out there tonight ... so he musta had a decent game
2) helluva hip check by Howard ... great check ... even better play was the refs not calling anything on it
3) 5 man forward PP looked awful again ... I think adding a d man to the first PP may I still a more shot based approach .... the number one pp stats out there way too long too ... 1.20 or 1.30 often
4) wow that one kid on Windsor was 6’9” 250 lbs and he is only 18... he has to be the biggest player I’ve ever seen in the OHL as a skater ... wonder if Jason Missian (sp?) the goalie may have been taller
5) great effort by bruder to negate the icing take the puck and set up Tomasino for the GWG... if he was lazy on that play that goal doesn’t happen .... gotta give that kid a LOT of credit ... two years ago he was playing Jr C hawk ... his skating has improved a ton since last season ... fun to watch his development

Good thing there wasn’t an extra .1 left on the clock!

GDG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk