Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,120    Downloads: 826,793   Msgs Posted: 110,591   Thread Views: 16,349,700   Online Now: 60
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:16 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
He was picked in the second round and has already signed. He's not going to be back next year.
That's not necessarily true Chicago probably won't need him in the AHL next year and if he has the same type of year he did last year I'd be surprised if he goes
Old 09-23-2016, 06:19 AM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

Quote:
He was picked in the second round and has already signed. He's not going to be back next year.
i don't think he has signed yet.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:56 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,465 Times in 681 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Mantha named captain of IceDogs
By Bernie Puchalski (St. Catharines Standard)

Most pundits in the league have the IceDogs languishing in the basement of the league, but Mantha is optimistic heading into the season opener.

“We have a fast team and I think people don’t expect much because we’ve had such a turnover,” he said. “I think we will shock a lot of people. Once the young guys start getting it and getting used to the league a little bit, I think we will be a dangerous team.”

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...ain-of-icedogs
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Mantha named captain of IceDogs
By Bernie Puchalski (St. Catharines Standard)

Most pundits in the league have the IceDogs languishing in the basement of the league, but Mantha is optimistic heading into the season opener.

“We have a fast team and I think people don’t expect much because we’ve had such a turnover,” he said. “I think we will shock a lot of people. Once the young guys start getting it and getting used to the league a little bit, I think we will be a dangerous team.”

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...ain-of-icedogs
I think most fans have them at the bottom of the league I know I do even though I hope they can make the playoffs. Are you surprised he said what he said though no one on the team wants this icedogs team to be first team in the teams short history to miss the playoffs
Old 09-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,846 Times in 1,305 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
That's not necessarily true Chicago probably won't need him in the AHL next year and if he has the same type of year he did last year I'd be surprised if he goes
Think what you want. He was a second rounder and has all the tools. No chance he's back here. Even if he was going to be a 19 year old has far more value than a 20 year old. You trade him this year.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2016, 03:08 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
*shrug* another mediocre move, by what feels like a set of mediocre hockey minds... Starting to think that this team hates to build towards the future...

Personally, I would have forgone giving the the OAs anything. In my mind Corneil and Paquette would have been a better choice for 'C' as they should be here at least this season and next, with a couple of '99s who are also going to be here a while getting 'A's. And keep that up as long as possible so your leadership is always 'looking to the future'...

I'm starting to believe that there isn't really much of a 'plan', more of a do what we can with what we have and 'hope for the best' attitude. Not the way I was hoping to see this rebuild go. At least it feels like a poor first step to a mediocre to horrible season. Not that I won't be there backing the team, it's not their fault.

I can understand that somehow giving Mantha the 'C' may improve his standing or tradability, but it just feels like a waste. Sure he has a lot to give the youngsters ( including some bad habits unfortunately ), but I think it won't inflate his value as much as people might imagine. As for giving Haydon an 'A'... We've been down this road last season, until it got stripped for something or other, then given back when he was appropriately contrite for a long enough period. But I don't think anything is going to increase his tradability, unless he has one hell of a first half... Which is always a possibility, it's not that he doesn't have size, ability, and a mean streak, but he also seems to have a floater streak, and an occasional aversion to playing physically. It will be interesting to see which Haydon and Mantha show up.

Also, does picking Mantha and Haydon for leadership mean Pastorious is the 'odd man out' and will be gone earlier in the season than expected. Doesn't seem like he's going to see a ton of ice time with this youth movement in place. I know I would have a hard time justifying to the fans giving ice time to Pastorious and putting a good young up and comer in the press box while we're trying to develop our talent.

Sorry for the length of the post and the jumping around, just excited that the season is upon us... lol
Every team gives the C's and A's to the older players. If you give the A's to 17 year olds, it upsets the team dynamics as the older players won't like taking advice from a 17 year old. The only time a younger players gets an A is when they are exceptional players. I don't see any of our 17 year olds in that category. I think the team made the right choices.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2016, 03:48 PM

Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,121 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Every team gives the C's and A's to the older players. If you give the A's to 17 year olds, it upsets the team dynamics as the older players won't like taking advice from a 17 year old. The only time a younger players gets an A is when they are exceptional players. I don't see any of our 17 year olds in that category. I think the team made the right choices.
Except perhaps that Mantha and Haydon appeared to be Marty's protégés - I would have looked to bust up that clique, but marybe this is only until a trade happens.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Think what you want. He was a second rounder and has all the tools. No chance he's back here. Even if he was going to be a 19 year old has far more value than a 20 year old. You trade him this year.
I guess we'll see come the deadline but I don't think he's going anywhere and I still think he will be back next year but we'll see
Old 09-23-2016, 06:07 PM

Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,121 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I guess we'll see come the deadline but I don't think he's going anywhere and I still think he will be back next year but we'll see
I think with the state of our draft cupboard and the youth of our core, the Dogs would be wise to put him up for the highest bidder - in fairness to Mantha Haydon and Knott they would probably have more fun on a team that is competitive this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2016, 06:31 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I think with the state of our draft cupboard and the youth of our core, the Dogs would be wise to put him up for the highest bidder - in fairness to Mantha Haydon and Knott they would probably have more fun on a team that is competitive this year.
It is my belief that the players named above will be moved at some point this season and this will happen before the New Year come in.
I can also see them moving Paquette as well at the deadline. If he has a banner first half, he could bring a boat load of picks.