Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,124    Downloads: 827,694   Msgs Posted: 110,711   Thread Views: 16,394,371   Online Now: 71
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:40 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,846 Times in 1,305 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Surprised to see Haydon playing forward. I thought he was just playing there in camp to give the kids on the back end a chance to earn a spot. I don't mind the idea with that being said. Also surprised to see Clapham going by what I was reading on here(I haven't seen any of camp or the exhibition games).
Old 09-23-2016, 06:59 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post

Surprised to see Haydon playing forward. I thought he was just playing there in camp to give the kids on the back end a chance to earn a spot. I don't mind the idea with that being said. Also surprised to see Clapham going by what I was reading on here(I haven't seen any of camp or the exhibition games).
I am not at all surprised that Haydon is playing up front. Dave Bell told us during an interview earlier in the camp that he has always seen Haydon as a forward.

I am still blown away that Clapham is still here. I was cutting him in camp and even in the exhibition games. I guess that is the reason why Dave Bell is coaching this team and not me. LOL

It won't be long now till puck drop. Go Dogs Go!!!!!
Old 09-23-2016, 07:00 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I heard that there was a statement out there that Dave Bell always saw him as a forward so that leads me to believe that this will be a permanent move with the option of dropping him back if needed
Old 09-23-2016, 07:23 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:

I would put him back on defence once Knott and paquette are back from camps as for Clapham I'm not surprised he's playing
Old 09-23-2016, 07:44 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go boys!! Here we go!! Hello out there, we're on the air, it's hockey night tonight!!
Old 09-24-2016, 02:21 AM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
It is my belief that the players named above will be moved at some point this season and this will happen before the New Year come in.
I can also see them moving Paquette as well at the deadline. If he has a banner first half, he could bring a boat load of picks.
I wouldn't trade Paquette as he is only 18. I think we are missing a combined 7 second and third round picks. Knott likely isn't coming back next year and of course neither are Mantha or Haydon. I would only trade those 3 but they should net us those missing 7 picks.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2016, 03:03 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I wouldn't trade Paquette as he is only 18. I think we are missing a combined 7 second and third round picks. Knott likely isn't coming back next year and of course neither are Mantha or Haydon. I would only trade those 3 but they should net us those missing 7 picks.
You are hoping that they net 7 picks mantha will net you something good but I don't know what Haydon will get you especially if they keep him as a winger
Old 09-24-2016, 01:18 PM
4th Line

Dawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura about

i'm of the same belief as dogs777, I dont think Hayden will bring much of anything in a trade as a winger...but some team going for it will pay a lot for a big bruising defenseman at the deadline. Once Paquette and Knott return hopefully he goes back to defense. Knott and Mantha should garner a lot of picks as well, but hopefully we don't trade Paquette or we are waiting another year for the rebuild. I have said it before, draft picks are just that...unproven, unsigned, unknown...we gave away a truckload last year but managed to hang on to the future...build around Paquette, Davis, Jones and Thomas and hopefully Dhillon is the real deal in net. We get lots of experience playing the kids this year, and a bunch of, yes DRAFT picks, back for Knott, Hayden and Mantha and next year we can be a force!
Old 09-24-2016, 01:36 PM
4th Line

Dawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura about

One final rant about draft picks...a quick count shows we had 14 picks in the first 3 rounds the last 4 years...4 are still with the club...it is a crap shoot!...I understand that you build through the draft but that is why the rule is you cant trade away your first round draft pickbefore you make the selection because after that it is a lot of luck...so we build around our top picks instead of giving them away for later round hopes...I think the team is on the right track!...anyway,anyone know what happened to Cal Davis and Cameron Bisson?...I thought they were going to make the team this year for sure.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,181 Times in 652 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
One final rant about draft picks...a quick count shows we had 14 picks in the first 3 rounds the last 4 years...4 are still with the club...it is a crap shoot!...I understand that you build through the draft but that is why the rule is you cant trade away your first round draft pickbefore you make the selection because after that it is a lot of luck...so we build around our top picks instead of giving them away for later round hopes...I think the team is on the right track!...anyway,anyone know what happened to Cal Davis and Cameron Bisson?...I thought they were going to make the team this year for sure.

True it is a crap shoot but usually the second rounders can play in the OHL.

I'm surprised C Davis not here but IMHO Bisson's skating wasn't good enough from what I saw of him. Big body guy wonder if they dump Pasto if Bisson could play a similar role?