Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,121    Downloads: 827,397   Msgs Posted: 110,636   Thread Views: 16,374,762   Online Now: 72
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:17 AM

Thanked 2,005 Times in 1,123 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
And i, too, had heard that Williamson was not interested in coming back unless he was going to be granted both jobs.
It may well have been that Williamson equally had no interest in remaining on as GM with the son of the owner as Head Coach, or remaining as HC with sons of the owner at Assistant Coach and GM.
Seems to me if there was a job there for him to do (even half of the original job for the same pay) and he declined to do it, then the contract would be broken and the Burkes wouldn't be paying a thing. Makes more sense that they didn't want him for either job.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:39 AM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Seems to me if there was a job there for him to do (even half of the original job for the same pay) and he declined to do it, then the contract would be broken and the Burkes wouldn't be paying a thing. Makes more sense that they didn't want him for either job.
I understand that you did not appreciate Marty as a coach but I find it difficult to understand why you would think that his performance as a general manager was anything but exemplary and his experience alone would have been extremely desirable for the development of Joey Burke. In my opinion it would have made so much sense to keep him in that role if he had been willing to accept those conditions.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:02 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
I understand that you did not appreciate Marty as a coach but I find it difficult to understand why you would think that his performance as a general manager was anything but exemplary and his experience alone would have been extremely desirable for the development of Joey Burke. In my opinion it would have made so much sense to keep him in that role if he had been willing to accept those conditions.
I didn't really like Marty the coach either but had no problem with Marty the GM
Old 09-27-2016, 11:05 AM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
I find it difficult to understand why you would think that his performance as a general manager was anything but exemplary and his experience alone would have been extremely desirable for the development of Joey Burke.
Where are you getting that out of my comments?? Have another read of what I wrote. I said if the Burkes had wanted him as GM his contract would have more or less obligated him to be just the GM (do half the job, get paid for both). The fact that he is doing neither job and getting paid for both makes it sound as if the Burkes didn't want him for either role.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:19 AM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

I misread your post but I still don't agree with you that the Burkes probably didn't want him for either position...I still maintain that the Burkes would have loved to keep him as the General Manager and that it was Marty's decision not to take the GM role without the Coaching responsibilities.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:25 AM

If an employee is under contract to do two jobs but the employer decides to have him only do one for the same pay and he refuses, then he would be in breach of his contract and risks losing his pay entirely. An employer can pay you to do both jobs, one job or even zero jobs. The fact that they are paying him to do zero jobs reflects a choice on their part.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:58 AM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Marty was interviewed on CKTB shortly after getting fired. There was no mention of him being asked to stay on as GM. Basically he said he was let go and did not see it coming.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 02:06 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Marty was interviewed on CKTB shortly after getting fired. There was no mention of him being asked to stay on as GM. Basically he said he was let go and did not see it coming.
Those interviews are weak half of the time you get little to nothing out of them
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Those interviews are weak half of the time you get little to nothing out of them
It is hard to ask those difficult questions and then ride on the same bus out of town.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:18 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
It is hard to ask those difficult questions and then ride on the same bus out of town.
It's tough sure but that's part of the job but all I'm saying is we don't know much cause it wasn't asked and if there are some things you'll want to know about the team this year and beyond don't expect to get the answers from those interviews