Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,124    Downloads: 827,694   Msgs Posted: 110,711   Thread Views: 16,394,413   Online Now: 74
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:59 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Icedogsthisweek is a TV show - ok cable TV but still.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:47 AM
4th Line

Dawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura about

Tried to post this thought last night,but I am somewhat technically challenged...back to Marty's legacy...every year we were in the playoffs and a competitive team...two runs to the eastern conference!...Great for us fans!...I have said it before...I am shocked we got ned, wesley and harper for JUST draft picks! The draft is a crap shoot after the first round (when you usually get a good player) but these are 16 yr old kids who may or may not pan out! Marty managed to keep the nucleus of our future team intact...for every second round gem, like Hamilton, there are dozens of Sarris' and Wilkies...even last year, after the draft, I read with excitement about our 2nd and third round picks, cal davis and bisson and both will be pressed to make the club this year...and that is not really a knock on these kids...but that is what they are...kids...and some develop quicker than others...for me one of the truly great parts of Marty's legacy, and I hope Bell and the Burkes take a page from him, is that when it was time to trade off some of our assets during a previous rebuilding year he was able to fleece other teams out of 2nd year players like Malletta and Perlinni...and hopefully Knott, Mantha and Hayden (when we inevitably trade them) bring back more than just a bunch of draft picks!keep the faith,it is going to be a tough year but we will grow and get better!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,030 Times in 844 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
Tried to post this thought last night,but I am somewhat technically challenged...back to Marty's legacy...every year we were in the playoffs and a competitive team...two runs to the eastern conference!...Great for us fans!...I have said it before...I am shocked we got ned, wesley and harper for JUST draft picks! The draft is a crap shoot after the first round (when you usually get a good player) but these are 16 yr old kids who may or may not pan out! Marty managed to keep the nucleus of our future team intact...for every second round gem, like Hamilton, there are dozens of Sarris' and Wilkies...even last year, after the draft, I read with excitement about our 2nd and third round picks, cal davis and bisson and both will be pressed to make the club this year...and that is not really a knock on these kids...but that is what they are...kids...and some develop quicker than others...for me one of the truly great parts of Marty's legacy, and I hope Bell and the Burkes take a page from him, is that when it was time to trade off some of our assets during a previous rebuilding year he was able to fleece other teams out of 2nd year players like Malletta and Perlinni...and hopefully Knott, Mantha and Hayden (when we inevitably trade them) bring back more than just a bunch of draft picks!keep the faith,it is going to be a tough year but we will grow and get better!
Hamilton is a bad example, he played the NCAA card. He was projected to go in the first round but made it very public that unless he was drafted by Niagara where he could play with his brother, he was going to the NCAA.

Having said that, you do make good points. It also goes back to what a lot of posters have said... He is/was a good GM.

Last edited by fishfan51; 10-01-2016 at 12:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,030 Times in 844 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Team Canada didn't win with those 5 players either FF. Lol
Winning the World juniors and winning the OHL are two different animals.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:49 PM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
Icedogsthisweek is a TV show - ok cable TV but still.
Is that available to see online (i say without searching for it myself)
Old 10-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Having said that, you do make good points. It also goes back to what a lot of posters have said... He is/was a good GM.
Marty was a good GM but he should have fired Marty the Coach.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:39 PM

Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,128 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogsThisWeek View Post
IF you guys want up to date data on all the prospects you aren't going to get it from the media. Why? Because no one wants it. It wont get clicks, it wont get eyeballs. I recognize YOU want it but you have to understand that you are not the norm. This is a small group of hardcore fans. And god love you, you are vitally important. The work/reward just is not there for something like this.
Just thought I would mention, that same group of hardcore fans is the same demographic that tunes in to your show and follows you on social media. I'm not suggesting you spend a whole episode on it but a thirty second piece on "where are they now" for alumni and prospects goes a long way to providing depth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Winning the World juniors and winning the OHL are two different animals.
Totally agree. Just saying, winners just win, those 5 didn't, in both cases.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:05 AM
4th Line

modaymorninggm is a jewel in the roughmodaymorninggm is a jewel in the roughmodaymorninggm is a jewel in the rough

Say what you want about Marty's legacy but I do not think any comments can really be made until a few years down the road when the new brain trust (Burke family & friends) have an opportunity to build the team the way they want it. If they can put together 6 exciting years the way Marty did then kudos to them. We have been spoiled since Marty arrived and maybe we will not realize it for a few years. I hope I am wrong and that the new group can give us teams like the ones Marty gave us. How soon we forget how exciting those playoff runs were
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2016, 01:09 AM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep in mind... this group would still fall under the "Marty's legacy" since they are all still part of his drafting... which BTW is something I still struggle to figure out.... with the organization firing him like they did.. why didn't they do it before the draft. Why did they let him do the draft and than receive him of his duties
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post: