Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,120    Downloads: 826,793   Msgs Posted: 110,591   Thread Views: 16,349,700   Online Now: 61
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:55 AM

Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,121 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Game Thread Niagara IceDogs @ Peterborough Petes - Sunday, October 2nd, 2016 - 2pm

NIAGARA ICEDOGS @ PETERBOROUGH PETES

The Peterborough Petes have played 3 games and have two points, with (1-2-0-0) 0.333 record which is good for 7th place in the East. Top scorers are Logan DeNoble (3G) and Matyas Svoboda (2G 1A). Top goaltender is Dylan Wells with 2GP 0.942 SA% and 2.00 GAA 5th overall.

The Niagara IceDogs have played 3 games and have two points, with (1-2-0-0) 0.333 record which is good for 6th place in the East.
Niagara has a committee of members with two points each. Top goaltender is still Colton Incze with 1GP 0.970 SA% and 1.00 GAA, but not enough games to be ranked among the top twenty.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Big League

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking forward to this afternoon's game. We might see the two players who were punished for breaking team rules in the lineup and we may see Knott back for this game.
I am thinking that Incze may get the start
Old 10-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Big League

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Matt & DJ just informed us on twitter that Knott will dress this afternoon after being returned to us by Chicago.
Wonder what he was instructed to do this season.
I hope that we will see a different player in him this season compared to last season's down year with only 12 goals.
All good though.
I wonder if the two bad boys will play today....
Go Dogs Go!!!!
Old 10-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Big League

Hot off the presses from Matt & DJ

Matt and DJ ‏@IceDogsThisWeek 2m2 minutes ago

Incze will start in net.
On D:
Lochead-Mantha
Ham-H.Davis
Schaefer-Clapham

Matt and DJ ‏@IceDogsThisWeek 3m3 minutes ago

#IceDogs lines for Peterborough this afternoon:
Corneil-Knott-Haydon
Phillip-Paquette-Langdon
Castleman-Dame-Thomas
C.Davis-Jones-Pastorius

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 10-02-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Big League

The two players that did not play at home due to team discipline and not in the lineup again today.

Whatever they did, I hope that they have learned their lesson well.

Go Dogs Go!
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Here's a question for everyone once Machala and singer are back who would you replace? I would take C.Davis and Phillip out
Old 10-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Here's a question for everyone once Machala and singer are back who would you replace? I would take C.Davis and Phillip out
That is a very good question. I will have to give it some thought, but, I might consider (at first glance) Dame could be one that sits for a few games. I liked him last year and this year as well. He is awful small in size. And, not to get everyone here all in a knot, but, possibly Thomas.

Have at it folks......
Old 10-02-2016, 12:16 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
The two players that did not play at home due to team discipline and not in the lineup again today.

Whatever they did, I hope that they have learned their lesson well.

Go Dogs Go!
It's hard to criticize Bell when we don't know what they did. But based on the North Bay game, Singer looked good and Machala I thought was the best IceDogs forward. With them in the lineup last night they may have won against Hamilton. If this type of team discipline continues all season, players will be leaving the team and requesting trades.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:19 PM
4th Line

Dawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura about

I hope the offenders have learned their lesson and I hope management bends a bit...I understand the need for discipline, and without knowing the infractions it is impossible to comment on the discipline but, boy, we sure could use Machala's speed out there.

The game last night was much better than the Friday night affair, and like everyone in the building I felt terrible for Dhillon, especially after he played a strong game with some great saves. Personally, I think it is time for Hayden to move back to defense...he just seems too slow for the power forward label and our defense seems too small and inexperienced to move the big bodies in front of the net. They just don't seem to have the confidence to get the puck out of our own end with a good outlet pass..a lot of panicky running around back there...we could really use a calming influence like Hayden to go with Mantha on the back end...(and yes...I realize they are not the perfect defenders either and also prone to the odd defensive mistake but in my humble opinion, they are the best we have and are certainly needed in front of two young and inexperienced goaltenders)

Good to see our power play finally starting to click...after another short handed goal against us I was starting to think we should decline power play opportunities!

A big welcome back to Knott...hope he comes back with a real spring in his step!
Old 10-02-2016, 12:20 PM
2nd Line

Aircanuck is well liked by the other membersAircanuck is well liked by the other membersAircanuck is well liked by the other membersAircanuck is well liked by the other membersAircanuck is well liked by the other membersAircanuck is well liked by the other membersAircanuck is well liked by the other membersAircanuck is well liked by the other membersAircanuck is well liked by the other membersAircanuck is well liked by the other membersAircanuck is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
That is a very good question. I will have to give it some thought, but, I might consider (at first glance) Dame could be one that sits for a few games. I liked him last year and this year as well. He is awful small in size. And, not to get everyone here all in a knot, but, possibly Thomas.

Have at it folks......
I saw some good grit from Dame in the forecheck last night, thought he showed some potential. Thomas is clearly still adjusting to the pace of the game, he had some glimmers last night that would have me keep playing him. I'm willing to bet 5-10 games from now we some flashes from these two. If not, then I would throttle back their playing a bit if the adjustment isn't coming.

Davis and Phillip would be my selection, or rotate a little bit with them.