Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,791    Downloads: 1,878,277   Msgs Posted: 134,626   Thread Views: 32,146,154   Online Now: 117
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-14-2020, 02:29 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I donít believe that the reason he was not traded had anything to do with a no trade clause. I have not read or heard a single thing to suggest that. In numerous interviews, Joey Burke mentioned that Lodnia could be traded. If Lodnia was not willing to wave his no trade clause, why would Joey even mention Lodnia.

As well OHL Insiders tweeted this a couple days before the trade deadline

OHLInsiders
@OHLinsiders

Jan 8
Market dwindling on Ivan Lodnia. Unless someone ponies up last minute, he's not really expected to be moved as it sits right now.

One phone call changes it all as always.
#OHLTradeDeadline #OHL

I really donít understand why itís difficult to believe that no one was willing to pay what the IceDogs wanted. They had already traded away Sopa, Thomas and Tomasino. The IceDogs draft picks had been restocked. So unless someone is willing to pay the price that the IceDogs wanted, there was no need to trade him.
Itís hard to believe because Lodnia was the best OA available I canít imagine a price thatís too high for teams that want to win it all like Sudbury for example. Joey would mention it cause just like in the OHLinsiders tweet everything can change with one phone call he couldíve changed his mind at any point so Joey left that option out there
Old 01-14-2020, 02:48 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,311 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I donít believe that the reason he was not traded had anything to do with a no trade clause. I have not read or heard a single thing to suggest that. In numerous interviews, Joey Burke mentioned that Lodnia could be traded. If Lodnia was not willing to wave his no trade clause, why would Joey even mention Lodnia.

As well OHL Insiders tweeted this a couple days before the trade deadline

OHLInsiders
@OHLinsiders

Jan 8
Market dwindling on Ivan Lodnia. Unless someone ponies up last minute, he's not really expected to be moved as it sits right now.

One phone call changes it all as always.
#OHLTradeDeadline #OHL

I really donít understand why itís difficult to believe that no one was willing to pay what the IceDogs wanted. They had already traded away Sopa, Thomas and Tomasino. The IceDogs draft picks had been restocked. So unless someone is willing to pay the price that the IceDogs wanted, there was no need to trade him.
You can never have enough assets.

By trading a rental this year, it would allow you to buy a rental when it's time to go for it.

Nobody paid the price the Dogs wanted for Thomas. They moved him for less than expected. Take what you can get in a rebuilding year.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 02:56 PM

Thanked 3,597 Times in 1,981 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
We see him all the time and recognize him for the impact player that he is. Perhaps there was no one left with enough picks, perhaps they were looking for a bargain, or perhaps the IceDogs simply wanted to keep a few lights on in the arena. Either way it isn't hard to craft an answer that is respectful to the process, the player and the pundits - it could come off as a fast ball and it could be hit out of the park.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:17 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Itís hard to believe because Lodnia was the best OA available I canít imagine a price thatís too high for teams that want to win it all like Sudbury for example. Joey would mention it cause just like in the OHLinsiders tweet everything can change with one phone call he couldíve changed his mind at any point so Joey left that option out there
OHL Insider said unless someone ponies up, i.e. pays the price the IceDogs are asking, he is not going to be traded. So I take that as evidence that no one is willing to pay what the IceDogs are asking.

Many of you insist Lodnia wouldnít wave his no trade clause. Where is your proof. What reputable person tweeted that or what blogger wrote about that. Otherwise the idea Lodnia wouldnít wave his no trade is just made up.

Teams only have so many assets. They canít trade away what they donít have.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:29 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Lol...The truth is out there.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:53 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,181 Times in 811 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

I think it a combination of things why we didn’t trade Lodnia but we need someone to sell tickets to the game.