Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,775    Downloads: 1,714,740   Msgs Posted: 132,783   Thread Views: 28,746,360   Online Now: 110
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,223 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Make the playoffs you pick 5th miss you pick 2nd or 3rd most likely

I think there is a good chance we miss the playoffs so I guess you are right it would be second or third pick

Really hoping we miss the playoffs as we will get shellacked anyways and it will just be a formality to get eliminated in the first round ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2020, 10:32 AM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of

I think Kingston will catch the Dogs for the final playoff spot. 9 points back and will collect more wins down the stretch then the Dogs. I see Niagara winning the least amount of games in the league after the trade deadline. Not sure North Bay will catch up though being 15 pts back but not out of the realm of possibilities. ...Unfortunately I don't see the Dogs making the playoffs next year either
Old 01-11-2020, 12:36 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

At least there is a benefit to missing the playoffs this year. And good on BB for recognizing that Yes, it sucks losing, it really sucks. But at least the trades( the brilliant trades,really) that JB made this year are going to pay off big time in the immediate future, and the future for years to come. If we can all be a bit patient with the 16yo-and-17yo mistakes that this team is going to make for the rest of this year, and all of next, the Dogs will be a true Memorial Cup contender!
I hope we are giving JB enough credit for pulling off the greatest trade for a single player in IceDogs history..
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2020, 02:01 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to behold

All of these draft picks are indeed a real coup by JB. However unless our scouts do their job at the draft table it does not mean much. I have heard around the league that the Ice Dogs scouting staff is the one that people see the least of any of the games. Perhaps they are all in the US keeping an eye in Fantilli.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2020, 02:32 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Ya do we have a us scout
Old 01-11-2020, 11:53 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud of

I think they will squeeze in -blown out, but still make it.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:12 AM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about

Can you expand on why you want to "make it" this year please? We have our 1st rounder this year & not next year, so do we want to draft higher or lower in 2020? We also didn't get any 03s in trades, so again don't we need at least a shot at the highest pick we can get in this draft?
I'm sure there are wiser heads out there who can explain how this part of rebuilding works best.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:14 PM
4th Line

Dawger is just really niceDawger is just really niceDawger is just really niceDawger is just really niceDawger is just really nice

First off, I am a homer and love the dogs! I also love the OHL and watching these young men develop.

I think Lodnia will be an excellent captain. For whatever reason he wasn't traded at the deadline and I can only assume he did not waive his no trade clause (his right to do so)because I cant imagine any contender not wishing to upgrade with him

Some have been critical of him because of this saying he was selfish. But we are not this young man. Living vicariously through him, we all think we would have gone for a Memorial Cup and helped the dogs at the same time. But we have no idea what is going on in his life. He is, of course hoping to make the NHL. He is away from home, already been traded once,and maybe has school, personal (girlfriend) issues here. Plus he may just actually like playing for the dogs and living here and having the opportunity to help our youngsters. I have no knowledge but think he probably wants to get back to the AHL to prove that next year he is ready for it full time (or perhaps the NHL)

We were blessed with the trade that brought him here and blessed to have watched him perform these past 2 years. We were extremely fortunate to have him return this year. He didnt pout or complain and worked extremely hard. My only hope is these final few (probably painful to watch as fans) months he instills the desire to compete and win level into our young dogs...go dogs go!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dawger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 08:22 PM
4th Line

Alwayssunny1 will become famous soon enough

To second the point above and who knows if Burke's asking price was to high.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:24 PM
4th Line

Dawger is just really niceDawger is just really niceDawger is just really niceDawger is just really niceDawger is just really nice

I rarely post but always read the forum for the knowledgable fans that do post...2nd post today!
Speaking of the OHL and why I love it. One of the biggest reasons is watching these young men develop and some make the incredibly difficult jump to the NHL.
We all knew Pieterangelo and Hamilton and probably Strome were going to be stars but it is great to see the lesser knowns also arrive.
If you follow the NHL and have a favorite team it is always interesting when a former dog is in your system. I have Brett Ritchie (who I thought would be better) toiling for my Boston Bruins (Go Jack Studnicka-presently in their AHL affiliate)
It was great to see Vince Dunn in last years Stanley Cup (although not great seeing the Blues beat the Bruins)
I was in Tampa last week and saw a couple of Lightning games. I player I had lost track of was former dogs Captain Carter Verheghe Not only has Carter made it up to the show he scored a hat trick for the lightning in the one game...congratulations Carter and keep it up!
Here is hoping new Captain Lodnia turns into the next Carter Verheghe and eventually finds an NHL home!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawger For This Useful Post: