Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,786,615   Msgs Posted: 134,212   Thread Views: 30,671,525   Online Now: 104
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 12:36 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,303 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
i think Lodnia was trying to play through it and give the team a boost...probably not the smartest move on his part but shows a lot of heart and courage and leadership...all the traits of a good captain (Like Zedeno Chara playing with a broken jaw for the Bruins last year)...I know i am old school and the game has changed but ,although I was happy to see Bruder go after the North Bay guy after the brutal hit I think he should have started throwing punches even if the guy declined the invite...he got 2 mins anyway for a b.s. unsportsmanlike...Lodnia is our Captain and by far our best player. We really have to stick up for each other...We are decimated by the trades, if Lodnia is out too we are in real trouble of staying competetive...The refs did get the penalty right but only after review, I dont think either actually called it until they saw how badly hurt Lodnia was...I do like the look of the new arrivals Butler and Peters...nice to see some size
My thoughts exactly about last night's game.
I wish the hockey leagues would get rid of the instigator rule and let the players take care of disciplining each other after cheap shot hits.
Happened twice last night, first, it was Roberts defending his mate on the slew foot thing and then Bruder after the Lodnia cheapie.

I listened to a talk show on sportsnet on Friday, called Writers Blog and during that show, they interviewed Marty McSorley. During the chat, Jeff Blair asked McSorley what the thought about the play in hockey in today's world. He stated that he did not like it.
I tried to link the interview but, could not (lack on knowledge). If anyone here has that knowledge or interest, maybe you could bring it here. It is a worth while listen. Talks about players being accountable and playing with honor. He even mentioned the time that someone kept running one of his players and he went over to the opposing coach and advised him as to what he needed to do, if he did not want his best player injured bad. He also stated that if someone did that today, they would get about an 80 game suspension.
Hope that someone finds it and includes it here.
Thanks in advance
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 01:17 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Why did he come back and play a shift in the 2nd period?
He could barely skate. He got in the open was coming down the ice at half his normal speed.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:19 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
My thoughts exactly about last night's game.
I wish the hockey leagues would get rid of the instigator rule and let the players take care of disciplining each other after cheap shot hits.
The league can't say they are worried about concussions and brain damage and allow these athletes to punch each other in the head.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:03 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
FYI

The Icedogs are not the only team that is affected by sub par refereeing ...

Every team is

However your bias makes you think only the Icedogs are affected

I hope Lodnia misses some time as I want the Dogs to drop out of the playoff race ...

Oops shouldn’t of said that out loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Until the league decides to stop using 'The Amateur Hour Officiating Temp Agency' and hires full time, professional referees and linesmen this will not be changing anytime soon.

The officiating in this 'league' is almost worse than beer league officiating. As soon as I saw that hit on Lodnia, I told my fiancee, "that's 5 mins, a game, and probably a suspension..." and then, the play continued... Thankfully on review the referees were able to remove their heads from their asses, and assess the proper penalty...

No one is asking for perfection, calls are going to get missed no matter who is wearing the zebra stripes... But... We would all enjoy some level of on ice competence...

On the plus side from the NB game, MacLean looked pretty solid against a terrible NB team. Vrbetic had a good game too... Both team's skaters looked like they were pretty lost, though NB was, by far, the more physical and intimidating team. On the negative side, I could see this hit resulting in Lodnia being on the shelf for a bit...

And I'm with you, I'd like the Dogs to drop out of the playoffs and end up with a top 2 pick the year before we get no 1st rounder...
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 03:09 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,303 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
The league can't say they are worried about concussions and brain damage and allow these athletes to punch each other in the head.
Ok, so the players will keep on hacking and slashing each other. That's better eh?
Old 01-19-2020, 03:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,244 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I’m curious did we capture all three stars in a home ice loss to a terrible team?

Lol

Old 01-19-2020, 03:47 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,174 Times in 806 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I’m curious did we capture all three stars in a home ice loss to a terrible team?

Lol

Nope two stars to NorthBay
Old 01-19-2020, 03:51 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Ok, so the players will keep on hacking and slashing each other. That's better eh?
Would I rather be punched in the head or slashed. Hmmm. I will take slashed.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:04 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,005 Times in 656 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

Oh boy, letís get this season over with. I donít mean to sound negative, and I do, but Iím reeeealy looking forward to the OHL Draft. A pile of draft selections all set to be made
This season is one to be endured.
On the flip side, this Peterborough team is an absolute powerhouse. And that was before adding Akil Thomas. A pile of draft picks from Oshawa, add the pile from Peterborough, and Joey Burkeís got some ingredients to cook up a pretty good team in a yearís time.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:18 PM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

So weird seeing Akil in a Pete's jersey. A 9-2 thumping so far. Glad I turned it off after the second period.
Closed Thread