Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,775    Downloads: 1,714,741   Msgs Posted: 132,785   Thread Views: 28,746,743   Online Now: 101
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,019 Times in 1,279 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Would I rather be punched in the head or slashed. Hmmm. I will take slashed.
Well, let's see here, a sore jaw or a broken hand....
Sorry, but, I will tolerate a sore jaw, thank you very much....
Old 01-19-2020, 08:02 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,744 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Weekend Games....

GOOD: IceDog Rookies
<> Agostinelli, Snow and Sims are making progress – looking forward to watching them develop further over the final 27 games.

<> Enright, Chanton and Cato are playing with more OHL confidence each and every game.

<>Butler and Peters are as advertised. A lot of upside in these 02s that the IceDogs can begin to build off.

"Cam Butler is a big body (6.04 / 202 lbs) who can skate (speed) and has an explosive wrist shot – asserts himself physically and is someone who can drive the net and use his speed and power combination.”

“Cam Peters possesses an attractive mix of size, power, speed and puck-skill making him hard to contain."

BAD: Power Play
<>Disfunctional. However, the team has transitioned so quickly - need to give the coaching staff another week to figure this out!

But…

- Butler has an NHL calibre shot – remove him from the middle of the ice and put him on his off wing.

- Bruder cannot win a faceoff. On the PP, you HAVE to win the draw. He needs to be replaced by Peters (or Uberti when he is healthy).

- The point has to be Beraldo and NOT Roberts. I don’t get it!!!

UGLY: Knee on Knee Hit
<> I hope for Lodnia’s sake, this is not a serious injury that prevents him from returning to pro hockey. For me, that would be the biggest disappointment of the season.

Last edited by Blacksox; 01-19-2020 at 08:07 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 08:08 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Does Bruder come back for his oa season?
Old 01-19-2020, 08:28 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
Yes he’ll be back unless they can get someone better for basically nothing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 09:04 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,223 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post

I would say he is back

Next year is a nothing year anyways

He’s decent when they play him where he belongs 3/4 line

He doesn’t belong on any PP
He doesn’t belong as an extra attacker
He doesn’t belong on the 1/3 lines

I’m perfectly happy with him returning as an OA on the 3/4 lines. I love the kids story and we all know the Burke’s are loyal and well we aren’t making the playoffs next year so tbh who cares who the OA are.

He can set a good example for the youngsters with his work ethic and story ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 10:47 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I would say he is back

Next year is a nothing year anyways

He’s decent when they play him where he belongs 3/4 line

He doesn’t belong on any PP
He doesn’t belong as an extra attacker
He doesn’t belong on the 1/3 lines

I’m perfectly happy with him returning as an OA on the 3/4 lines. I love the kids story and we all know the Burke’s are loyal and well we aren’t making the playoffs next year so tbh who cares who the OA are.

He can set a good example for the youngsters with his work ethic and story ...

I wouldn’t say we aren’t making the playoffs next year just yet let’s see how well the team develops the rest of the year and how they come back next year plus some teams won’t be as good next year
Old 01-19-2020, 11:12 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,223 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I wouldn’t say we aren’t making the playoffs next year just yet let’s see how well the team develops the rest of the year and how they come back next year plus some teams won’t be as good next year

We are scratching and clawing to make the playoffs this year and we had Thomas Tomasino Sopa and Lodnia carrying the bulk of the offensive work early this season and STELLAR goaltending from a rookie goalie who came out of nowhere .....

Next year please tell me of the current forward group who is going to replicate the prolific scoring provided by Thomas Tomasino Sopa Lodnia and even Castleman to some degree ? I don’t see anyone who is going to do that.

Add in the fact that our OA are sub par next year and who knows what Tynan looks like if/when he comes back ...

It will take a miracle to make the playoffs next year IMO ... I’m all for a rebuild and going thru the growing pains ... I prefer to look at things without rose coloured glasses ...

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 12:45 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
We are scratching and clawing to make the playoffs this year and we had Thomas Tomasino Sopa and Lodnia carrying the bulk of the offensive work early this season and STELLAR goaltending from a rookie goalie who came out of nowhere .....

Next year please tell me of the current forward group who is going to replicate the prolific scoring provided by Thomas Tomasino Sopa Lodnia and even Castleman to some degree ? I don’t see anyone who is going to do that.

Add in the fact that our OA are sub par next year and who knows what Tynan looks like if/when he comes back ...

It will take a miracle to make the playoffs next year IMO ... I’m all for a rebuild and going thru the growing pains ... I prefer to look at things without rose coloured glasses ...

They’re definitely scratching and clawing right now to make the playoffs this year but if we’re all being honest I doubt many of us thought they’d be in this situation to begin with. I don’t think we have anyone that can do what Thomas and the guys you mentioned did for us this year at least not up to that level but I just don’t think you can count them out a full year + ahead of time when really no body knows what guys like Butler Peters snow De Simone Uberti and Agostinelli look like next year plus whoever they draft especially if it’s a top 2 pick (if Kingston catch them) I’m not looking at this with rose coloured glasses but I still think they could get into the 6-8 spot next year but we’ll see
Closed Thread