Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,775    Downloads: 1,713,690   Msgs Posted: 132,647   Thread Views: 28,656,975   Online Now: 109
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 11:16 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,218 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
One for the record books.

17 shots, 5 goals and a Win.

WTF?

Who knew eh?!

As bad as we were outplayed here are some observations:

#1 - for a big kid Butler has some wheels, he should be fun to watch next year, along with Peters.

#2 - a much improved game by Uberti ... threw the body and showed great speed and had some good rushes... de Simone still a non factor

#3 - a much improved game by Maclean tonight in net he looked really good.

#4 - starting to like what I see from Snow ... reminds me of a young Daniel Singar ... going to go out on a limb and predict 15 from him next year

#5 - what happened to Bruder? Missed it.

#6 - wish more Dogs played with grit like Beraldo.

#7 - thanks for the cheeseburgers Ollie!? Great game, uncle ND must be proud

Can’t believe we pulled out the victory

And boy the refs had me shaking my head on that Castleman high stick in the third ... did they miss the fact that Whittaker was holding and interfering him from the blue line to the end zone face off dot? And we get the penalty, unreal

Well I predicted 5 goals all weekend which means a shutout on Saturday versus the 67’s ... and Sunday’s game in Kingston cancelled due to bad weather

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 11:30 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,150 Times in 789 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

We got the win and a big two points how many post were hit by both teams now get something on the road.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:32 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,273 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Who knew eh?!

As bad as we were outplayed here are some observations:

#1 - for a big kid Butler has some wheels, he should be fun to watch next year, along with Peters.

#2 - a much improved game by Uberti ... threw the body and showed great speed and had some good rushes... de Simone still a non factor

#3 - a much improved game by Maclean tonight in net he looked really good.

#4 - starting to like what I see from Snow ... reminds me of a young Daniel Singar ... going to go out on a limb and predict 15 from him next year

#5 - what happened to Bruder? Missed it.

#6 - wish more Dogs played with grit like Beraldo.

#7 - thanks for the cheeseburgers Ollie!? Great game, uncle ND must be proud

Can’t believe we pulled out the victory

And boy the refs had me shaking my head on that Castleman high stick in the third ... did they miss the fact that Whittaker was holding and interfering him from the blue line to the end zone face off dot? And we get the penalty, unreal

Well I predicted 5 goals all weekend which means a shutout on Saturday versus the 67’s ... and Sunday’s game in Kingston cancelled due to bad weather

Lol

Not too impressed with your prediction of Sunday's game cancelled as we be there for Sunday's game and looking for a win after the schooling our boys got in Ottawa. LOL
Old 01-24-2020, 12:15 AM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I say 1 point this weekend and if Lodnia is out all weekend I say they score 4 goals in 3 games ... which I think might be a bit of a stretch lol
Guess they need to go -1 for the next two games. I am glad you are wrong.

Last edited by BoneHead; 01-24-2020 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Quote should have been included.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoneHead For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2020, 12:22 AM

Thanked 3,528 Times in 1,936 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Nephew Ollie making uncle ND proud with a beauty breakaway goal with 8 seconds left, ten seconds after the Fish score, to make it a 2-1 deficit after 1.

Be proud Nice Dawg be proud ...

Drink up

Shame I didn't get to see it, but I am not surprised. He plays to the line he is on. Tonight he was the top player on the top line and lo and behold scored twice for top honours.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:58 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,736 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Face offs! IceDogs need to improve, develop and practice winning that puck drop at the dot. A glaring weakness with the lose of Akil Thomas and Phil Tomasino.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:50 PM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Face offs! IceDogs need to improve, develop and practice winning that puck drop at the dot. A glaring weakness with the lose of Akil Thomas and Phil Tomasino.
I have more concern about team play in our own end. The boys work their tails to get the puck and with the help of a soft pass anywhere but out of our end. The result is another turn over and the process begins again. Most times, it end up in giving up a goal or a lazy penalty for slashing. Mr. Roberts, in my opinion is very guilty for way too many soft turnovers. He is not the only one, but................
Old 01-24-2020, 02:44 PM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Mr. Roberts, in my opinion is very guilty for way too many soft turnovers. He is not the only one, but................
…since the final 25 games is primarily focused on development of the 02s and 03s, moving Elijah Roberts to the forward line would be an interesting experiment (played a few shifts at F against NB last week).

When all the defenseman are healthy, give Roberts a full week of practice at the new position with his line-mates and see what he can do in a game.

He has an offensive mindset and the speed to be one of the faster, if not fastest, wingers in the OHL. It would also allow our returning (and young) defenseman to get the remainder of development time available instead of the OA.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2020, 02:53 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
…since the final 25 games is primarily focused on development of the 02s and 03s, moving Elijah Roberts to the forward line would be an interesting experiment (played a few shifts at F against NB last week).

When all the defenseman are healthy, give Roberts a full week of practice at the new position with his line-mates and see what he can do in a game.

He has an offensive mindset and the speed to be one of the faster, if not fastest, wingers in the OHL. It would also allow our returning (and young) defenseman to get the remainder of development time available instead of the OA.
I agree with you totally, but, I doubt the Burkes will do that. I hope they would consider it.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:01 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I have more concern about team play in our own end. The boys work their tails to get the puck and with the help of a soft pass anywhere but out of our end. The result is another turn over and the process begins again. Most times, it end up in giving up a goal or a lazy penalty for slashing.
Can’t argue that point .

Development, in part, comes with age, experience, growth, maturation, confidence and of course good coaching and players. The rewards for the amount of OHL experience this young d-core (and team in general) is getting, we’ll be seen in the years to follow, but no doubt watching the growing pains is challenging for fans.
Closed Thread