Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,775    Downloads: 1,714,740   Msgs Posted: 132,783   Thread Views: 28,746,360   Online Now: 109
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 10:23 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,744 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

For those who have their eyes on the real prize - #2 pick in the OHL Draft, this was a must lose 4 point game. A win and the IceDogs extend their lead to 11 points. As it is, Kingston is only 7 points back with a game in hand.

A high pick in this year's OHL and Import draft can change the fortunes of this franchise!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2020, 10:41 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,223 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I say 1 point this weekend and if Lodnia is out all weekend I say they score 4 goals in 3 games ... which I think might be a bit of a stretch lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh darn it I did say four goals I was going to say 5 lol

Well they score five goals in the weekend, I didn’t imagine all of the scoring would come in one day nor did I imagine Kingston shutting them out lol

I bet it’s a LLLLLONG DARK QUIET bus ride home from Kingston tonight ....

Predicted one point and we got two

Kingston are what seven points behind now ?

We aren’t guaranteed a playoff spot yet so there is hope for us tankers still!

GO FRONTS GO

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2020, 10:41 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,223 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
For those who have their eyes on the real prize - #2 pick in the OHL Draft, this was a must lose 4 point game. A win and the IceDogs extend their lead to 11 points. As it is, Kingston is only 7 points back with a game in hand.

A high pick in this year's OHL and Import draft can change the fortunes of this franchise!

For once in not so many times, we are on the same page BS ...

Old 01-27-2020, 07:28 AM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post

Nothing will change the fortunes of this franchise until you get rid of the idiot behind the bench.
The Following User Says Thank You to hotdog fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 08:50 AM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Continued development of the 02s/03s and draft position will be Niagara’s most significant accomplishment of the 2020 season.

As of today, Niagara’s OHL Priority Selections (4 of the first 42 players):

#5 IceDogs
#28 IceDogs (from Mississauga)
#32 IceDogs (From Oshawa)
#42 IceDogs (from Kingston)

CHL Import Draft
#13 IceDogs

A successful draft and off season, could see the IceDogs add four highly touted 04s, along with:

03 Brueck, Riley LW (6.00 / 165)
03 Eichler, Cole RW (6.00 / 190)
03 Mistry, Ethan LHD (5.10 / 168)
03 Procious, Tyler RHD (5.10 / 176)

02 David Gucciardi LHD (6.01 / 180 lbs)
02 Fantilli, Luca LHD (5.11 /160)
02 Stephen Halliday LW (6.03 / 220 lbs)
Old 01-27-2020, 08:58 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,019 Times in 1,279 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
Nothing will change the fortunes of this franchise until you get rid of the idiot behind the bench.
I am not a big fan of the coach either, but, can we blame him for the team having played the past 120 minutes without scoring a goal?
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 09:42 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am not a big fan of the coach either, but, can we blame him for the team having played the past 120 minutes without scoring a goal?
I’m not necessarily a big fan of the head coach either, but along with great coaches who made their teams and players successful, there is also a long list of great players that made their teams and coaches successful. IceDogs just need to draft, recruit and trade well over the next couple of seasons

Last edited by Blacksox; 01-27-2020 at 09:52 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 10:12 AM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold

So between the people coaching and the people playing, where does the product on the ice stem from?

Ever coach and player has their "Style". Lets use two extremes for example, Stan Butler and Ho-Sang.

Butler has the most boring system of play, neutral zone trap once a lead is established.

Ho-Sang has a high-speed entertaining (opinion) style of play, were he can fly from behind his own net and circle the opposing net while the rest of the team caught up.

Where does our present style of play (coach) translate ( take responsibility) to the product on the ice ?

Curious what you guys think of the systems and plays being taught (coached) to these young players?

Recently our game play appears to mimic the game of Hot Potato. No one wants to carry the puck more than three strides.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RobDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 10:29 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDog View Post
So between the people coaching and the people playing, where does the product on the ice stem from?

Ever coach and player has their "Style". Lets use two extremes for example, Stan Butler and Ho-Sang.

Butler has the most boring system of play, neutral zone trap once a lead is established.

Ho-Sang has a high-speed entertaining (opinion) style of play, were he can fly from behind his own net and circle the opposing net while the rest of the team caught up.

Where does our present style of play (coach) translate ( take responsibility) to the product on the ice ?

Curious what you guys think of the systems and plays being taught (coached) to these young players?

Recently our game play appears to mimic the game of Hot Potato. No one wants to carry the puck more than three strides.

For myself, I find it difficult to assess team play after the trade deadline. What is left of this team after the trades and injuries is essentially a case of boys vs men most nights. Before the trade deadline, they were winning games and the product, although imperfect, the team was competitive and very entertaining most nights. Today, although we see them struggle some shifts we also see progress in our young players on other shifts. Over the years, Iíve learned to accept the growing pains of a rebuild.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 10:53 AM
4th Line

Alwayssunny1 will become famous soon enough

The nice part in the next couple of years will be the cheeseburger production, when the team is to good like last year there are few cheeseburger goals because of the blow outs then this year is the opposite. But the sweet spot is the next few years.
Closed Thread