Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,775    Downloads: 1,713,705   Msgs Posted: 132,647   Thread Views: 28,657,583   Online Now: 103
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 10:56 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,218 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I will consider a loss tonight by five or less goals a win for the Dogs ...

Bleak crowd here tonight ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WE WIN!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2020, 11:05 PM

Thanked 3,528 Times in 1,936 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
WE WIN!!!!

I will only consider it a win when the shots on net are within 10... 48-24 is bleak
Old 02-04-2020, 11:35 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I think there was an issue with the shot counter on that end of the rink. Not that they missed lots, but the arena maintenance staff were adjusting something.
It was the goal light.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:01 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,736 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

The loss to London was expected but…

1. the left hook by Cam Butler that knocked Regula on his can was sweet.
2. the play of our 16 year old D against a group of high-flying forwards was positive. A few miscues but that’s expected. Enright handled the puck with confidence. Cato was solid – played physical, finished his checks and moved the puck quickly and accurately.
3. the PP is lacking the offensive talent to be dangerous but at least have Beraldo and Butler switch sides so they can be on their off wings.
4. As a forward, Elijah Roberts’ speed drew two penalties and fired 3 SOG - not effective at the dot, but when Peters returns play Roberts on his LW.
5. DeSimone has struggled, but that was his best all-around game this year. Perhaps, gaining some confidence to build off?
6. Sbrags
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,273 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
The loss to London was expected but…

1. the left hook by Cam Butler that knocked Regula on his can was sweet.
2. the play of our 16 year old D against a group of high-flying forwards was positive. A few miscues but that’s expected. Enright handled the puck with confidence. Cato was solid – played physical, finished his checks and moved the puck quickly and accurately.
3. the PP is lacking the offensive talent to be dangerous but at least have Beraldo and Butler switch sides so they can be on their off wings.
4. As a forward, Elijah Roberts’ speed drew two penalties and fired 3 SOG - not effective at the dot, but when Peters returns play Roberts on his LW.
5. DeSimone has struggled, but that was his best all-around game this year. Perhaps, gaining some confidence to build off?
6. Sbrags
I liked Butler on his arrival here even though McTavish was the player I wanted, but acceptance, for me is important.
I now like him even more now after the tussle with Regula.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:43 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,736 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/toug...t-for-icedogs/

Roberts had no reservations when IceDogs coach Billy Burke approached him with the idea. “We were short some guys and me and Burke (and I) talked a little bit and gave it a try. I ended up scoring two goals and thought I did pretty well. I decided to stick with it and I’m pretty excited.”

IceDogs assistant coach Mark Mancari feels Roberts has all the tools to make a successful switch to centre. “He’s an older guy, he’s been around the league, he’s a great skater and he can read the play in all aspects,” Mancari said. “Four of our D are rookies so it was something we were comfortable with. He was very open to it and willing to do it and I think he’s done a great job.”

Roberts isn’t sure how long the experiment will last. “I’m just having some fun with it,” he said. “We’ll see. Just focusing game by game going into Owen Sound and after that, we’ll move forward.”

Post-Game Media Availability with Assistant Coach Mark Mancari

Old 02-05-2020, 10:30 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,273 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Not sure where to put this thought so.
Kingston beat the Petes 4-3 tonight and are now 3 points back and one game in hand
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 11:05 AM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Not sure where to put this thought so.
Kingston beat the Petes 4-3 tonight and are now 3 points back and one game in hand
..A rested Kingston team plays a tired North Bay team at home on Friday night (North Bay in Peterborough tonight) .....Kingston will catch Niagara. Drafting 2nd\3rd overall plus a high import pick and not being humiliated by Ottawa in the playoffs is fine with me.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Thunder Hawk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 01:41 PM

Thanked 3,528 Times in 1,936 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
..A rested Kingston team plays a tired North Bay team at home on Friday night (North Bay in Peterborough tonight) .....Kingston will catch Niagara. Drafting 2nd\3rd overall plus a high import pick and not being humiliated by Ottawa in the playoffs is fine with me.
I guess it's no secret with my "sinking ship", "tank", and "submarine" motifs where I think the team is heading. The secret for Niagara (or any team) is to draft well, train well, and plan well. I am confident they have been drafting extremely well, but developing and training talent on-ice still seems to be lacking. Buying "Super Sam" was an exercise in poor planning, but selling off talent this year (even though it hurts), shows that they are committed to longer range goals. When the team learns how to acquire, retain and enhance their players, they don't have to buy as much as they did in the past. I am cautiously optimistic on the drafting and planning part but I see the same mistakes year after year with the systems that are being implemented and the assignments that are given to players.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 01:47 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,218 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post

Sign me up!

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread