Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,791    Downloads: 1,864,599   Msgs Posted: 134,618   Thread Views: 32,024,008   Online Now: 94
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-27-2019, 07:13 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

I checked the OHL team sites the other night to see what the OA situation was and all the teams in contention have 3 OAs. Flint has Phibbs, Durham and Popovitch. Popovitch is a goalie and they do have 4 listed. London has Tymkin, Nelson and Myskiw also a goalie.
The Following User Says Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 07:43 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,734 Times in 1,898 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I checked the OHL team sites the other night to see what the OA situation was and all the teams in contention have 3 OAs. Flint has Phibbs, Durham and Popovitch. Popovitch is a goalie and they do have 4 listed. London has Tymkin, Nelson and Myskiw also a goalie.
Phipps in Flint and both the London OA forwards will need to be upgraded if they plan to be serious contenders.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:16 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Think Windsor is going to do something they have lots of 2nd round picks
Old 11-27-2019, 09:25 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,254 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Phipps in Flint and both the London OA forwards will need to be upgraded if they plan to be serious contenders.

Agreed

Just because a team already has three OA’s doesn’t mean that it’s not worthwhile for them to upgrade an OA especially if they want to be a serious contender

When you are a serious contender

Quality OA matters not quantity

Imagine if we had a quality OA goaltender between the pipes last year ..... couldn’t resist .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 09:26 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,734 Times in 1,898 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
Think Windsor is going to do something they have lots of 2nd round picks
That would be great if Windsor did, but their roster has only five 19 year olds. Probably do something inexpensive this year. They are set up to be legit contenders next season - in a year where they may only need to win the West to get to the Mem-Cup.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:55 AM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of

Lodnia has put up some really nice numbers. 12 goals, 11 assists and plus\minus +7 in 14 games.He scores big goals at key moments, is a threat on the PP and short-handed. I think 3 2nds is now a reasonable asking price IMO. Hope he stays healthy
Old 11-28-2019, 10:50 AM
4th Line

Alwayssunny1 will become famous soon enough

It would be great if we could combo Lodnia and Thomas to get A 2003 D man (ideally trade with Saginaw) plus some 2nds which would set us up nicely with 3 solid overage D man.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:59 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,254 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayssunny1 View Post
It would be great if we could combo Lodnia and Thomas to get A 2003 D man (ideally trade with Saginaw) plus some 2nds which would set us up nicely with 3 solid overage D man.

3 overage d men ?

I don’t see why everyone wants a d man in these trades ... once Lodnia Thomas and Tomasino are gone .... there isn’t anyone on this roster next year that I think could score twenty goals.

IMO we need to add at least one budding star forward in a trade of Lodnia Thomas Tomasino ...

We have Enright, Cato and the import kid as d next year ...

Our forward depth beyond our vets seriously lacks goal scoring talent ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 08:55 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
3 overage d men ?

I don’t see why everyone wants a d man in these trades ... once Lodnia Thomas and Tomasino are gone .... there isn’t anyone on this roster next year that I think could score twenty goals.

IMO we need to add at least one budding star forward in a trade of Lodnia Thomas Tomasino ...

I think the thinking on getting the D is if Itís the guy from Saginaw your top 4 should look good in a few years and you can get the forwards starting this coming summer in the draft and next year when you trade Tomasino
Old 11-29-2019, 10:23 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,311 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
3 overage d men ?

I have no issues in getting another defencemen if he is the best young player available via a trade. If the Dogs ship Thomas to Ottawa, they have a 6'3" 185lb 16 yr old first round pick Jack Matier that I would gladly take along with some picks.

With Tynan between the pipes, Enright, Cato, Cantron and Maiter you would have the backend set for years.

Then invest everything you receive in picks you get for Thomas, and any player and picks in return for Tomasino when he gets move on forwards. Use your high first round pick in the upcoming draft on forward as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post: