Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,770    Downloads: 1,709,380   Msgs Posted: 132,161   Thread Views: 28,338,086   Online Now: 219
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:42 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud of
Default Seating Layout Questions

I received my suggested seat assignment today and have a few questions. I'm posting here simply because I thought others might have the same questions and it would save a lot of calls to the Ice Dogs office.

The layout as presented -

1) Which side of the layout is backing onto St. Paul Street or is sections A-E or Sections F-K
2) Which end does the Ice Dogs shoot twice - I assume sections E-K
3) Is there going to be a seasons ticket entrance?
4) How much larger is the ice surface?
5) Anyone know if the seats have cup holders or arms? What material are they made of? Do we still need our Dog cushions?

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:10 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,140 Times in 781 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

The ice surface is NHL size. From earlier picture It looks like the Icedogs shoot twice at section G and H. The seats are bucket seats no word on cup holders for regular seats but club seats will have them I doubt you will need your cushion anymore. I do not know if there will be separate entrance for season ticket holders.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,033 Times in 1,277 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks4 View Post
I received my suggested seat assignment today and have a few questions. I'm posting here simply because I thought others might have the same questions and it would save a lot of calls to the Ice Dogs office.

The layout as presented -

1) Which side of the layout is backing onto St. Paul Street or is sections A-E or Sections F-K
2) Which end does the Ice Dogs shoot twice - I assume sections E-K
3) Is there going to be a seasons ticket entrance?
4) How much larger is the ice surface?
5) Anyone know if the seats have cup holders or arms? What material are they made of? Do we still need our Dog cushions?

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.
1) A-E is the St.Paul side.
2) Dogs shoot twice at E-K. G and H may be "club seats" which is the dumbest thing I've heard. Who has ever heard of putting club seats in the end? The city wants to put them there and charge $1000 seat license per seat. Good Luck!
3) Don't know.
4) NHL regulation size 200x85
5) Don't know, don't know, plastic, you won't know until you sit in one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2014, 07:11 PM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

Fishfan is correct. When looking at the map, the penalty box side faces St. Paul. When looking at the map, the Dogs will shoot to the right twice.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,465 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

The penalty box is facing the highway or on the St Paul side of the ice. Icedog's will be shooting on the end closer to the Jack.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:50 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,364 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Did ALL season ticket holders get a seating map layout emailed to them? (I didn't.. )

I'm currently at center ice, with my line of sight above the glass, so I'm hoping for the same, preferably on the same side as players benches (which are on the same side as each other in the new rink, I take it?)
Old 03-04-2014, 03:18 AM
2nd Line

Thanked 1,070 Times in 400 Posts
LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!

There are basically three entrances into the building but only two entrances into the main bowl. The entrances into the main bowl are behind section F and behind Section AA (Or more precisely a little to the left of AA)

The entrance behind F will be for people entering the building from the North St. Paul St. pedestrian bridge and from the lower main entrance, which is also where the box office is located.

The entrance behind AA will be for people entering the building from the South St. Paul St. bridge. There will be no box office there so the entrance behind AA will be for people who already have their tickets. I guess this could be considered the entrance for season ticket holders but in reality anyone who already has their tickets most likely will be able to enter the bowl there.

As mentioned earlier the ice surface will be NHL size which is 15 or 20 feet longer than the Jack (depending on what measurements you believe are accurate for the Jack) and 5 feet wider than the Jack.

Last edited by LocalSportsReport; 03-04-2014 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:19 AM
2nd Line

Thanked 1,070 Times in 400 Posts
LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
Did ALL season ticket holders get a seating map layout emailed to them? (I didn't.. )

I'm currently at center ice, with my line of sight above the glass, so I'm hoping for the same, preferably on the same side as players benches (which are on the same side as each other in the new rink, I take it?)
I believe they are contacting season ticket holders based upon seniority with those who purchased season tickets the earliest getting contacted first.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,033 Times in 1,277 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post

Where you sit now... the benches are on the opposite side at the new arena. But, hey... you still get the penalty box.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Serving a Suspension

CoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by othersCoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by othersCoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by others

can someone put a copy of the seating chart up on this thread?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CoyoteLaneFarms For This Useful Post: