Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,452    Downloads: 1,216,231   Msgs Posted: 122,215   Thread Views: 21,790,140   Online Now: 77
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Alumni Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Alumni Talk & News Talk of former IceDog players

Old 09-26-2018, 08:56 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,147 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

A little confused by Lou Lamoriello quote regarding his reason for sending Ho Sang to the minors. Not sure if he’s indicating Ho Sang was or wasn’t a problem at camp this year? The quote gives the impression that Ho Sang may have been on his best behaviour this year – and Lou did not see any of any of those problems but was sent down as a result of his past behaviour. I hope the Canucks trade for him !

GM Lou Lamoriello told reporters on Monday that Ho-Sang worked hard during training camp. “Thought he worked hard, gave us everything he had... He just needs to go to the minors, he’s got ability, go there and get over all these issues that I haven’t seen, that transpired in the past," Lamoriello said. He’s been excellent in camp. Just go grow and get better.”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 02:50 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

HoSang being jerked around by the Islanders hope my Bruins go for him
Old 09-26-2018, 07:14 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,491 Times in 917 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
HoSang being jerked around by the Islanders hope my Bruins go for him
With all due respect to you fellow Bruins fan. I have been a fan since my teenage years... But, I really hope not.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:17 AM
1st Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

You may remember me as Josh Ho-Sang's biggest supporters, and I still definitely am. I want to see this kid succeed so badly. He has a flair for the game that is quite rare. However, if Lou Lamoriello and Barry Trotz say he needs some more time in the AHL, I cannot argue with those combined hockey minds. Garth Snow made a lot of silly decisions with that organization, but this current group's history is pretty solid.

I have to wonder if there aren't some mental or emotional issues that Josh has to work through before he becomes a permanent fixture at the next level. There's a lot more going on here than production and play issues.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 05:24 PM

Thanked 2,865 Times in 1,568 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
I have to wonder if there aren't some mental or emotional issues that Josh has to work through before he becomes a permanent fixture at the next level. There's a lot more going on here than production and play issues.
You may remember me volunteering to be his life coach ?

He is a very emotional person. This isn't a criticism just a reality, it makes him who he is both plus and minus. Until he can reconcile his feelings with his actions he will constantly run afoul of those who have no time for any emotion. The alternative is a coach who can reach him on that emotional level. Yes, I already hear the criticism "Why should a coach change for a player, the player should conform, blah blah blah". Absolutely correct, but IF there is a coach who can pull it off, I think they will be acquiring an exceptionally talented player.

...anyone know how much an NHL star would pay for a life coach?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 09:18 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
You may remember me volunteering to be his life coach ?

He is a very emotional person. This isn't a criticism just a reality, it makes him who he is both plus and minus. Until he can reconcile his feelings with his actions he will constantly run afoul of those who have no time for any emotion. The alternative is a coach who can reach him on that emotional level. Yes, I already hear the criticism "Why should a coach change for a player, the player should conform, blah blah blah". Absolutely correct, but IF there is a coach who can pull it off, I think they will be acquiring an exceptionally talented player.

...anyone know how much an NHL star would pay for a life coach?
Don't have to. It would be covered by the team.

All NHL teams have sports psychologists on staff, and many have "mental performance" coaches including. In fact there are such coaches in the OHL. IceDogs do not have one that I know of.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:44 PM

Thanked 2,865 Times in 1,568 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Don't have to. It would be covered by the team.

All NHL teams have sports psychologists on staff, and many have "mental performance" coaches including. In fact there are such coaches in the OHL. IceDogs do not have one that I know of.
...anyone know how much an OHL team would pay for a life coach ?
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 05:02 PM
1st Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
...anyone know how much an OHL team would pay for a life coach ?
I'll buy you a wendy's cheeseburger. Final offer.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:06 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,491 Times in 917 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
I'll buy you a wendy's cheeseburger. Final offer.
Speaking of Wendy's, will we see this chant return this season?
Old 09-29-2018, 11:17 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Speaking of Wendy's, will we see this chant return this season?
Yes it back love it
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post: