Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,199   Msgs Posted: 118,220   Thread Views: 19,224,809   Online Now: 97
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:20 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

I believe the OHL and MC have policies on this. Perhaps identify the section and I am sure MC management would monitor if indeed this is event true.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:28 AM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
I believe the OHL and MC have policies on this. Perhaps identify the section and I am sure MC management would monitor if indeed this is event true.
Neither MC management nor the team monitor the casual racism that occurs in the warm-up music played by Fourgrounds each week. Narcos by Migos and Dreams and Nightmares by Meek Mill are two songs that are played before every home game. Oh yes, Fourgrounds will insist the "sanitized" versions of the songs are played in the building but watch the players desanitze them as they skate around. There is no place for this in community entertainment. Saying that's what the players want doesn't excuse racism.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:19 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Neither MC management nor the team monitor the casual racism that occurs in the warm-up music played by Fourgrounds each week. Narcos by Migos and Dreams and Nightmares by Meek Mill are two songs that are played before every home game. Oh yes, Fourgrounds will insist the "sanitized" versions of the songs are played in the building but watch the players desanitze them as they skate around. There is no place for this in community entertainment. Saying that's what the players want doesn't excuse racism.
Iím so happy people are still complaining about music if you (or anyone for that matter) have a problem with it for this reason or another reason take it up with foregrounds themselves or better yet someone from the arena/team
Old 04-01-2018, 12:32 AM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Iím so happy people are still complaining about music if you (or anyone for that matter) have a problem with it for this reason or another reason take it up with foregrounds themselves or better yet someone from the arena/team
The thread is about the casual racism that occurs in hockey. Roll your eyes if you like, sing along and perpetuate stereotypes, too - or say it's offensive. Did you think those lyrics were ok dogs777??
Old 04-01-2018, 07:36 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,302 Times in 783 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I believe that it is our Captain who picks the warm-up music selections this season. I could be wrong on this but I doubt it.

He did this during the regular season

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 04-01-2018 at 09:37 AM. Reason: made a correction
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 09:07 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
The thread is about the casual racism that occurs in hockey. Roll your eyes if you like, sing along and perpetuate stereotypes, too - or say it's offensive. Did you think those lyrics were ok dogs777??
I didnít hear those lyrics cause I showed up later to the arena than normal and really donít listen to whatís being played otherwise but Iíd imagine they play a clean version like one thatís played on radio and Iím not rolling my eyes at the offensive stuff itís about the music stuff thatís been talked about and even covered by the fourgrounds guys
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 09:08 AM
4th Line

IceDogsThisWeek is just really niceIceDogsThisWeek is just really niceIceDogsThisWeek is just really niceIceDogsThisWeek is just really nice

Akil Thomas made the pregame warmup playlist and mixed it together himself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceDogsThisWeek For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 09:40 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,302 Times in 783 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

As much as possible, I try not to listen to the pre-game music, but, that is just me. We get involved in conversations with our friends in our section pre-game.

I do listen to the pre-game music to out of town games though.

Take of this what you wish, but our friends in our (home) section are not there to talk to.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 09:46 AM
2nd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogsThisWeek View Post
Akil Thomas made the pregame warmup playlist and mixed it together himself.
That sidesteps the issue IDTW, are you ok with the lyrics? Do sanitized versions of racist songs belong in public arenas? Does Akil mixing the playlist make it ok for the rest of us? Or is anyone else uncomfortable with it? Like the original poster in this thread, I don't believe because it's "casual" it is any more acceptable.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Big League

Quote:
That sidesteps the issue IDTW, are you ok with the lyrics? Do sanitized versions of racist songs belong in public arenas? Does Akil mixing the playlist make it ok for the rest of us? Or is anyone else uncomfortable with it? Like the original poster in this thread, I don't believe because it's "casual" it is any more acceptable.
Sanitized versions are fine sorry red but if people know what the song is chances are theyíve heard the version you are complaining about anyways (unsanitized version)