Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,312   Msgs Posted: 118,222   Thread Views: 19,236,741   Online Now: 88
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 05:18 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,302 Times in 783 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I wouldn't put Carbonara on that line. No way he should be on the ice for that many minutes. The more ice time he gets the more bad penalties he takes. Also, where's Langdon? One of the teams best penalty killers isn't in the line-up?

Tomasino played his best hockey when he was with Thomas and Miletic.

Carbonara- Langdon- Bruder/Johnson should be the 4th line IMO. They can go out bang and crash when needed.
I agree with Fish that Tomasino should be with Sam and Thomas.

Bruder sits in my opinion as Carbs plays there unless he picks up those dumb penalties.

Playing Carbs on Sam's line would be good in the good old days. Take away the instigator penalty and this might make a little bit of sense, but, the line is better with Tomasino.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 05:26 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
No offence but Bruder doesnt get into a game if im the coach
I’m with you if I’m Billy and Joey he’s not on my team
Old 03-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,046 Times in 976 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
These would be my lines for playoffs if I were coach:

Singer Phillips Castleman (played well last year)
Interesting idea – before Phillips’ season ending injury “The Young Guns”, as a line, were amoung the top OHL rookie scorers.

The line was very effective last year, but it was never used at all this year!
Old 03-21-2018, 05:49 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I agree with Fish that Tomasino should be with Sam and Thomas.

Bruder sits in my opinion as Carbs plays there unless he picks up those dumb penalties.

Playing Carbs on Sam's line would be good in the good old days. Take away the instigator penalty and this might make a little bit of sense, but, the line is better with Tomasino.
I really like Phil Tomasino a lot and if they put him on that line – great! However, putting a 16 and 17 year old together in what could turn out to be a tough physical playoff series may not be in the Ice Dogs best interest. Coaches are going to physically go after that line! Miletic could be forced into policing things himself - and that's "not going to be good for anyone".

OA Carbonara can keep teams honest, so Miletic and Thomas can play their offensive game – might be more effective idea for this year.

Last edited by Blacksox; 03-21-2018 at 05:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 05:55 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,302 Times in 783 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I really like Phil Tomasino a lot and if they put him on that line – great! However, putting a 16 and 17 year old together in what could turn out to be a tough physical playoff series may not be in the Ice Dogs best interest. Coaches are going to physically go after that line! Miletic could be forced into policing things himself - and that's "not going to be good for anyone".

OA Carbonara can keep teams honest, so Miletic and Thomas can play their offensive game – might be more effective idea for this year.
There is zero chance that Miletic is going to be policing out there. He is way too valuable to this team on the ice and not in the box or in the stands.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:58 PM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I think what he meant was only half of them needed to be noisy, their companions could potentially be sedate.
Nope. That was the beer and weed typing and making that obvious error.

I want everybody noisy on Friday and Sunday. I will do my part.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:01 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
There is zero chance that Miletic is going to be policing out there. He is way too valuable to this team on the ice and not in the box or in the stands.
Exactly my point! With a 16 and 17 year old on his line, he may not have any choice - as coaches are going to target that line with a hard hitting line.

Carbonara instantly changes the look of that line. 2 strong physical 20 year olds and a skilled 17 year old with room to create offense.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:39 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,386 Times in 982 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Exactly my point! With a 16 and 17 year old on his line, he may not have any choice - as coaches are going to target that line with a hard hitting line.

Carbonara instantly changes the look of that line. 2 strong physical 20 year olds and a skilled 17 year old with room to create offense.
Except for when they create that offence, pass him the puck and he puts it seven feet wide it defeats the purpose. If you’re going to put someone up there that can crash and bang, put Langdon up there. At least he can make/take a pass. They’re both prone to boneheaded penalties, so I’d rather play the guy with the better hands. Personally, I wouldn’t put either on the top line but If we’re going to go down that road, put the better player there.

Last edited by fishfan51; 03-21-2018 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:31 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Except for when they create that offence, pass him the puck and he puts it seven feet wide it defeats the purpose. If you’re going to put someone up there that can crash and bang, put Langdon up there. At least he can make/take a pass. They’re both prone to boneheaded penalties, so I’d rather play the guy with the better hands. Personally, I wouldn’t put either on the top line but If we’re going to go down that road, put the better player there.
An interesting discussion!

Burke has used Carbonara on lines with skilled players before – and he plays his best hockey when he does.

Before his suspension, Carbs was with Thomas and Maksimov – and before this injury, he was with Thomas and Miletic. Each time his on ice play was better (more disciplined) and he seemed more engaged. Burke has shown he does like Carbs with Thomas in the past – so we’ll have to wait until Friday to see what he decides to do – for game one at least.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 07:39 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Or, a good coach would put the lines ina blender and mix’em up. He does have last change advantage.
Burke does do line matching doesn’t he?
Closed Thread