Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,363    Downloads: 1,049,524   Msgs Posted: 118,981   Thread Views: 20,087,748   Online Now: 49
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 07:14 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,471 Times in 809 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
Well before we all jump the gun lets just see whst next year brings. There is a reason we are only fans and not a coach or gm. If you have all the answers then contact the Burks for a job.

Another reason why we are not coach or GM would be that none of our last names are Burke ...

Heheheh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2018, 07:17 AM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Pro Coaching Tip: If something doesn't work on the ice FOR AN ENTIRE SERIES, just keep doing it, it's bound to change. That series was winnable and extremely hard to watch for that reason.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 09:42 AM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
Pro Coaching Tip: If something doesn't work on the ice FOR AN ENTIRE SERIES, just keep doing it, it's bound to change. That series was winnable and extremely hard to watch for that reason.
Well coach Burke did learn a lot off of Marty and that was his style to.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:36 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
Though i agree with you i think we still need to tip our caps to coach Billy on what i would say was an impressive first season as bench boss
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 01:45 PM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Though i agree with you i think we still need to tip our caps to coach Billy on what i would say was an impressive first season as bench boss
That's a very strong point; take that same recipe to another team (new coach, relatively young players) and it could easily have been a basement year. I think I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Twas a great year, and I am grateful for the success we have achieved.

Last edited by Aircanuck; 04-13-2018 at 01:45 PM. Reason: aircanuck angry, aircanuck smash keys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 01:59 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,324 Times in 797 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Not to take anything away from Coach Billy who did a good job this season and may even get the coach of the year award, but,....
I am curious as to how much Ted Dent meant to this team. I believe that the thought process being that since Mr. Dent was available at the time, he was brought in to mentor Billy and the rest of the staff with his pro experience
I am curious as to whether we will see him back next season.
I doubt it but I guess it depends on how many bridges he burnt or blew up when he was let go by Chicago's GM for criticizing publicly and in the press.
Well done to the entire staff and organisation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 03:24 PM
2nd Line

Apparently there was a K-9 Cup playoff edition?

https://twitter.com/TSN_LouisB/statu...10275243552774
Old 04-13-2018, 04:17 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,102 Times in 1,010 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Niagara falls short in semifinal ’Dogfight
Top-seed Hamilton got a scare from IceDogs in tightly-contested five-game series
by Bernd Franke  St. Catharines Standard
https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...inal-dogfight/

IceDogs head coach Billy Burke was disappointed in the result, but not in his team's effort in the must-win game.

"As much as it hurts right now, every single player, every single staff member, can sleep well tonight knowing that not one person on this bus left anything here. Everyone gave absolutely everything."

Though Niagara won the season series 5-0-1-0, Burke knew that his young team would have a tough time against the older Bulldogs.

"They're an old team, much older than us at every position," he said. "They made a lot of good moves to really bolster their team this year.

"They're a team that was expected to go far, and a team that a lot of people didn't think that we would give them the scare that we did."

Right now Hamilton is where the IceDogs hope to be next season in Year 3 of a rebuild.

"It's a good little peek into the future for us on how hard it is to win for the young guys on our team who haven't been to a year final before."
Old 04-13-2018, 09:16 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Fronts advance for the first time in 25 years to the Conference Final
Old 04-15-2018, 06:58 AM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Anyone know if #3 and #13 got called up and are playing anywhere?
Closed Thread