Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,422    Downloads: 1,188,297   Msgs Posted: 121,109   Thread Views: 21,324,878   Online Now: 95
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-25-2008, 07:47 PM
AlphaDog's Avatar
AlphaDog AlphaDog is offline
SysOp
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Section L
Posts: 10,466
Thanks: 3,596
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
Not a commitee, an owner in the complex there is already 13 people willing to put up that much.
Don't want any gov money or involvment no grants or anything to do with people who vote.
That's EXCELLENT to hear. That way the rink owners can't get bullied around by local government and told how to run things. I'm a firm believer that less governent is *always* better (no matter what you're dealing with!) And government construction of *anything* is always FAR overpriced and construction is always twice as long.

What locations are you telling people the rink might be at when they ask?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Rolston87 Rolston87 is offline
Serving a Suspension
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Catharines, Section N Row C Seat 12
Posts: 252
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rolston87 has a spectacular aura aboutRolston87 has a spectacular aura aboutRolston87 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Ahh I hear ya ********. That's pretty neat though.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-25-2008, 07:50 PM
MabiDawg
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
Originally Posted by GoDogsGo
i dont think that there is enough room there.. i agree with the multi level lot...but build a new structure (arena) that size... you need alot more land than you think.



SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM BEATING MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL!!! Am I going crazy????

Did I not post multiple images of the the exact scale Brampton and Mississauga rinks in the Pen center area just a few msgs back !!???

I did that and people STILL think it won't fit !!?? aaaaahhhhh I don't know what else to do. I've given visual proof of MULTIPLE brampton and missy arenas in that space, and people say it doesn't fit still! aarrrrr!!!!! Ok I'm losin it.



Actually White Oaks isn't far for anyone in St. Kitts. That's a pretty good location actually (if it werea available). You can take Glendale to get there, you can take Queenston Rd. to get there, for people in the north end you can go through NOTL backroads, or Canal Rd, etc.... plus the QEW. It's definitely still booneyland but it's close to the Niagara College campus (not sure if they have residents though so I dunno if there'd be a big student population going to games).

The traffic congestion would be crazy, there is already and abundance of vehicles in that location and you put a draw like an arena of that size there you'd have traffic stopped oon the highways...it a logistical nightmare...put your pictures are very pretty...KIDDING
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-25-2008, 07:53 PM
VERBATIM VERBATIM is offline
Serving a Suspension
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Section F row F seats 9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16
Posts: 225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VERBATIM will become famous soon enough
Default

406 and Hyw 20 has always been the #1 spot.
Like I said it will be the center of growth in the region for sometime to come.
Unless the cities start with some smart growth options.
By the way it will be a green arena to an extent as much as it can be made green.
My choice being from the falls is to use Memorial arena as it was the cheapest option to expand and being in the center of the tourist area gave us the option of renting the building out for 150 extra days for 1 event.
Still an option depends on what the city of Niagara falls makes any backroom deals or not.
I grew up watching hockey at memorial arena I lived 500 ft away and never missed a game.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-25-2008, 07:55 PM
VERBATIM VERBATIM is offline
Serving a Suspension
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Section F row F seats 9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16
Posts: 225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VERBATIM will become famous soon enough
Default

I told Bill Burke I always wanted to own my own hockey team.
Just he beat me to it ( Has More Money ) But Im working on that all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-25-2008, 07:56 PM
AlphaDog's Avatar
AlphaDog AlphaDog is offline
SysOp
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Section L
Posts: 10,466
Thanks: 3,596
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MabiDawg View Post
The traffic congestion would be crazy, there is already and abundance of vehicles in that location and you put a draw like an arena of that size there you'd have traffic stopped oon the highways...it a logistical nightmare...put your pictures are very pretty...KIDDING
WEll, lets see. You have... the 2 exits on to Glendale, plus an exit out the back which leads to Glenridge (which is the way I'd go). Glendale has immediate hwy entraces going both north to St. Kittsand south to Welland, as well as Glendale going towards south St. Kitts/Thorold, and the other way towards the Brock area.

Hey - if you've ever been to a game at Brampton and see their traffic congestion of everyone trying to get out onto that one single 2 lane road... if THEY can do it with that little bottleneck, we can do it with big wide Glendale + the back exit
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-25-2008, 08:01 PM
AlphaDog's Avatar
AlphaDog AlphaDog is offline
SysOp
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Section L
Posts: 10,466
Thanks: 3,596
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
406 and Hyw 20 has always been the #1 spot.
Like I said it will be the center of growth in the region for sometime to come.
But that land's all zoned agricultural, and a lot of it is protected land by the "Green Space only" zoning which prohibits zoning changes. I haven't seen anything built out that way... well, since they drive in!

Hey as long as they don't knock my drive-in down, I don't care if it goes out there.

Quote:
Unless the cities start with some smart growth options.
By the way it will be a green arena to an extent as much as it can be made green.
yep - I think there'd be a LOT of local opposition from people if they wanted to start laying down pavement over that farmland.

Quote:
My choice being from the falls is to use Memorial arena as it was the cheapest option to expand and being in the center of the tourist area gave us the option of renting the building out for 150 extra days for 1 event.
If there's good parking and no congested traffic, sounds good too!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-25-2008, 08:06 PM
VERBATIM VERBATIM is offline
Serving a Suspension
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Section F row F seats 9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16
Posts: 225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VERBATIM will become famous soon enough
Default

I said green building not some big asphalt parking lot and just 1 big concrete pad for the rink is all we need.

Hey thats a hell of an idea buy the drive in, they charge to much anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
MabiDawg
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
WEll, lets see. You have... the 2 exits on to Glendale, plus an exit out the back which leads to Glenridge (which is the way I'd go). Glendale has immediate hwy entraces going both north to St. Kittsand south to Welland, as well as Glendale going towards south St. Kitts/Thorold, and the other way towards the Brock area.

Hey - if you've ever been to a game at Brampton and see their traffic congestion of everyone trying to get out onto that one single 2 lane road... if THEY can do it with that little bottleneck, we can do it with big wide Glendale + the back exit
If you can find the voteres that will go for it...then you got one up on me friend!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-26-2008, 02:02 PM
RioBravo's Avatar
RioBravo RioBravo is offline
All Star
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Welland
Posts: 1,551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
I said green building not some big asphalt parking lot and just 1 big concrete pad for the rink is all we need.

Hey thats a hell of an idea buy the drive in, they charge to much anyways.
8 Bucks for 2 movies is charging too much?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
new arena

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2015