Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,420    Downloads: 1,186,379   Msgs Posted: 121,039   Thread Views: 21,289,421   Online Now: 81
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:04 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,360 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioBravo View Post
8 Bucks for 2 movies is charging too much?
3 MOVIES ON HOLIDAYS! I love the drive-in, it's the only time I go to the show pretty much.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:06 AM
All Star

RioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really niceRioBravo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
3 MOVIES ON HOLIDAYS! I love the drive-in, it's the only time I go to the show pretty much.

Actually some days they do 4...Im a huge fan of the drive in as well and will be completely bummed whenever they shut it down.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:38 PM
3rd Line

dogsphotog is just really nicedogsphotog is just really nicedogsphotog is just really nicedogsphotog is just really nice

Quote:
AlphaDog ..... You need to read the part about the *multi-level-parking-lot*
I did, I was referring to actually physically leaving the arena & area, not the parking itself. You have 1 major way out, and that is Glendale & the 406. That intersection is a logistical nightmare during the Christmas rush. That would force fans on to the side and back streets to exit and I guarantee that the residents who live around the pen would have something to say about the influx of traffic on their streets.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:20 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,360 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsphotog View Post
I did, I was referring to actually physically leaving the arena & area, not the parking itself.
OOoohh oh. ok, sorry. I misunderstood

Quote:
You have 1 major way out, and that is Glendale & the 406. That intersection is a logistical nightmare during the Christmas rush. That would force fans on to the side and back streets to exit and I guarantee that the residents who live around the pen would have something to say about the influx of traffic on their streets.
They'd all be too happy that they're within walking distance of great hockey games to complain As for the xmas rush - that's only about 2 weeks of the year. And as for the traffic jams - have you been to the Brampton rink?? That's got a HORRIBLE bottleneck. All traffic is basically pushed out onto a single 2-lane road (1 lane each way) with a traffic light right as you get onto it.

I figure, if you could get 40% of the traffic going towards the highway and Hartzell Road, 40% going the other way towards Glenridge, and maybe 20% going out the back way past the high schools (whatever road that is) it wouldn't be too bad. At least not near as bad as some of the other modern rinks. Although, I am in no way an expert on the other rinks, WDF could comment more on anyone else having traffic jams. I've only been to Brampton's rink (VERY bad) and Peterborough's rink (also very bad - stuck *right* at an intersection).
Old 01-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

i also think 406 and hiway 20 is a good location for the arena centre to all the cities and lots of land for parking maybe they will have shuttle buses going to the game for people who do not own a car.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Serving a Suspension

Rolston87 has a spectacular aura aboutRolston87 has a spectacular aura aboutRolston87 has a spectacular aura about

I dug up some info on the field surrounding Leons.
http://www.firstgulf.com/pdfs/firstg...s_fall2007.pdf
Go down to where it says The Commons.
So much for a possible arena location.
Take it for what you will.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 PM
All Star

ItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolston87 View Post
I think a good number of people would be upset if the IceDogs were re-located to the Falls(St Kitts people).
I wouldn't get to go to as many games as I do.
Please Bill and Denise if your reading this prevent this from happening.
Put a new arena between St Catharines and The Falls and Alot of people will be happy.
Theres a reason that they are located in St. Catharines. Niagara Falls from what I've heard did not want a team so why would the Burkes try and put one there? there are plenty of places around here that would be great. and if this turns into new arena talk i might have to move it again lol
Old 01-28-2008, 11:41 PM
All Star

GoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond repute

lots movement going on...lol...good pics Verb... but I too heard that the falls arena was a no go as NF did not want a team....
Old 01-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Serving a Suspension

VERBATIM will become famous soon enough

Not that it might remember the burkes have a 5 year deal and he is commited to owning a team.
If some one comes up with a 5000 seat arena be it one that gets some modification's to meet standards then just might wind up in the falls.
If no one comes up with a new arena then that's what is going to happen.
Like it or not he run's a business and at the end of the day if your not making money, then you have to rethink your option's.
Why do you think i have so many pictures of the Arena, it's because people want to see before they invest and want a plan of action also.
But who know's there could be exhibition games held there or maybe a regular season one who know's.
Just thought I would post some photo's for people who can't get there.
By the way 1 or 2 people in charge did not want a team, and they did not speak for the majority.
We are building a 36 million dollar 4 pad 2000 seat junior B complex.

So maybe 3 or 4 million to upgrade to a 5000 ohl grade multiuse facility.
From another post on the arena I said I had commitment of 150 days of rental plus percentage of sales.
All comes down to return on investment for the Burkes and for the new arena
Old 01-29-2008, 12:17 AM
All Star

ItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond reputeItsGameTime has a reputation beyond repute

Alright you forced me to move it to the new arena talk!

Tags
new arena