Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,445    Downloads: 1,209,594   Msgs Posted: 121,909   Thread Views: 21,667,696   Online Now: 81
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-11-2018, 07:50 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,546 Times in 852 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Hilarious. Stinky takes a potshot at the IceDogs and dogs777 (who believes this team is "the one") is right there to agree with him.

“Stinky?”

Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,473 Times in 904 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer124 View Post
Fire the coach and gm if this team does not improve but who will do the firing.
I never suggested that Billy should be fired.
Just stated that I did not like his comment.
There is a big difference there
Old 11-11-2018, 08:20 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,473 Times in 904 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I don't think this has been mentioned, but, we saw lightning strike twice again last night.

A few weeks ago, our Tomasino went off side on a play that cost his buddy Bruder a goal which might have changed the outcome of the game (the goal would have put them ahead) and,

Last night our boy did it again, this time he went offside on a buddy, but, this time, it cost him a goal and could have been another game changer.

I don't like single-ling out players but he has done this again.

Bottom line, You never go offside on a buddy period as well as you are doing the other team's back-checking when you do so.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the goal that was called back should have counted looked inclusive robbed us of at least a point how did you like the new goaltender big red trapper.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I thought the goal that was called back should have counted looked inclusive robbed us of at least a point how did you like the new goaltender big red trapper.
I thought we should’ve been able to score a few more even without that offside that was very close. I know the dogs had 38 but I wonder how many they fired high and wide I bet those numbers would be close. Sbaraglia looked good once he settled in I could see him getting another start next Saturday
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I notice a few wide shots Nort Bay announcers were pretty good especially the colour guy saying some of the saves the North Bay goalie made were fournate.Just one for five on the power play we missed out two top players and Moore.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:16 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
If this team was healthy, Ben Jones would be among a handful of players I’d be shopping. It is so hard to tell where they’re at with nowhere near a full lineup. Not just injured players, but players gone to U-18s also. It would be nice to be able to say ‘wow, look at how these guys are stepping up with all our top players out’, but it’s just not happening. But right now, there’s just nothing they can do until they heal up.
Not sure why you would "shop" Jones? He has certainly not had the season he had last year so far, but last night took more face-offs than anyone, is the top FO guy for the team over the season, is 3rd in points, had the most points and shots last night and looked back to skating at his best. Who else would you shop?

I do think that if they sell then the obvious ones are Jones, Maksi and Lodnia as they will bring the best return. But all the time they are undecided they are not going to shop their Captain?
The Following User Says Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2018, 06:26 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
Not sure why you would "shop" Jones? He has certainly not had the season he had last year so far, but last night took more face-offs than anyone, is the top FO guy for the team over the season, is 3rd in points, had the most points and shots last night and looked back to skating at his best. Who else would you shop?

I do think that if they sell then the obvious ones are Jones, Maksi and Lodnia as they will bring the best return. But all the time they are undecided they are not going to shop their Captain?
If they decide to sell I think you could add Thomas (assuming he’s healthy) to the obvious list heck I’d throw Dhillon in there and any 99 who you think/know won’t be back next year.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:28 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

No matter who the Dogs end up acquiring, assuming they make any trades at all, I think the Dogs wait until they get a few bodies back before they do anything trade-wise. Without a full lineup, it’s hard to say where they should add. Ivan Lodnia and Kirill Maksimov are two players critically important to any decision the Dogs make.
I so badly want this team to get healthy, so that we can figure out what they are. I’m also really reluctant to see the Dogs trade Phil Tomasino before he has a chance to develop into the scorer I think he can be. I would hate to see him turn into a superstar on another team. Having said that, you gotta give to get.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post: