Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,098    Downloads: 818,045   Msgs Posted: 109,620   Thread Views: 16,069,062   Online Now: 79
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > The Bay Street Bullies - LEAF TALK

Notices

The Bay Street Bullies - LEAF TALK All talk about the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lou Lamoriello the GM of the Maple Leafs?!

Whaaaaa?!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2015, 05:31 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,768 Times in 1,352 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Their office is pretty stacked. Now they just gotta stack the roster
Old 07-24-2015, 10:39 AM
3rd Line

joecanadian is a jewel in the roughjoecanadian is a jewel in the roughjoecanadian is a jewel in the rough

Another move in the right direction. Now will the media and fans will give them time to do this rebuild properly?
Old 07-24-2015, 10:43 AM
1st Line

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecanadian View Post
Another move in the right direction. Now will the media and fans will give them time to do this rebuild properly?
Oh god no... The media in TO is out of control... They can make or break a player, and they know it... They revel in it...
Old 07-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realize this thread was still active.. That's good. As a Habs fan(Habs/IceDogs, IceDogs/Habs, they interchange) just like Bulldogs v IceDogs, I love to see the Leafs improve, b/c that helps the greatest rivalry in pro sports. (as long as the Habs win, of course) drop the puck IceDogs v B-dogs, drop the puck Leafs v Habs!!!
Old 07-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,292 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecanadian View Post

Not too sure how much I like this as a Leaf's fan. Jersey is a disaster right now and the Leafs finally seemed to heading in the right direction. I still think they'll stay the course on the rebuild but you never know. Lou loves veterans and boring hockey. I just hope he doesn't come in and get in the way of what Shanahan, Hunter and Dubas were doing, building through the draft with young players with talent taking a front seat to grit and size. I would have been more than happy if they just gave the job to Hunter or Dubas.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:43 PM
3rd Line

joecanadian is a jewel in the roughjoecanadian is a jewel in the roughjoecanadian is a jewel in the rough

I would think that Shanahan had many discussions as to the direction they are going with the team. I am confident that they will stay the course this time. It looks like Lou was brought in more as a mentor to Dubas. And it doesn't hurt to have a very well respect man in the GM position.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:51 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,139 Times in 632 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Lou has had a horrible track record with UFA and signing his own players in the cap world. He doesn't have Conte with him who was the head NJ scout responsible for many of their great draft choices through the years. I think this is more headline grabbing than anything. I think Lou's best days are behind him.

But hey at least he was smart enough to not give David Clarkson an insane amount of money lol ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Big League

This point was made earlier, but it's dead on. Kyle Dubas is being groomed for the GM job. But this really reminds me of the Dryden/Nick Beverly/Fletcher days. This situation can work, but it won't be easy. Having three sorta-GMs is going to require some ego to be set aside, and millionaire businessmen usually have plenty of ego.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,292 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Lou has had a horrible track record with UFA and signing his own players in the cap world. He doesn't have Conte with him who was the head NJ scout responsible for many of their great draft choices through the years. I think this is more headline grabbing than anything. I think Lou's best days are behind him.

But hey at least he was smart enough to not give David Clarkson an insane amount of money lol ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like Conte will be in the fold within a week, but his drafting record has also not been good in a long time.