Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 807,451   Msgs Posted: 108,415   Thread Views: 15,469,802   Online Now: 49
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:47 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,765 Times in 1,350 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!
Default the NEW ARENA talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
I'd love to se Kitchener as the model we use for a new arena around here. Such a nice place, great atmosphere.

I haven't been to a lot of hockey arenas, but there is a definate difference between the atmosphere of the SkyDome (even in the glory days) and a place like Comerica Park in Detroit. You can't really compare the two, that's how different they are.
That's EXACTLY what I'm talkin about. Good comparison b-rad.

A lot of these new rinks are what I call "big plain boxes". Lots of seats, big spaces, but not much else. When someone's putting in tens of millions to build a rink, why don't they put any effort into some of them into making them unique and give them some character?

With all the Jack's problems, I still think I'd take it over the Hershey Center or the Powerade Center (Brampt). I love the space those rinks have, they're very comfortable to watch a game in. But so is my couch.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Serving a Suspension

Canuck311 is absolutely hated by othersCanuck311 is absolutely hated by others

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
That's EXACTLY what I'm talkin about. Good comparison b-rad.

A lot of these new rinks are what I call "big plain boxes". Lots of seats, big spaces, but not much else. When someone's putting in tens of millions to build a rink, why don't they put any effort into some of them into making them unique and give them some character?

With all the Jack's problems, I still think I'd take it over the Hershey Center or the Powerade Center (Brampt). I love the space those rinks have, they're very comfortable to watch a game in. But so is my couch.
The only thing good about the jack is that it is loud. I never sit at those games unless my wife comes with me... the seats are terrible.

In London .. people go to knights games just to be in the Labatt Centre.

Niagara deserves a nice place... for the people to use... to visit.. for ice dogs games.... NHl exibition games.... disney on ice...... wrestling.... UFC ..... figure skating.... concerts.. etc.... Its about F-ing time....
Old 01-24-2008, 02:01 PM
SysOp

AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck311 View Post
Niagara deserves a nice place... for the people to use... to visit.. for ice dogs games.... NHl exibition games.... disney on ice...... wrestling.... UFC ..... figure skating.... concerts.. etc.... Its about F-ing time....

I'm sick and tired of everyone in the entire region having to travel OUT of the region to see events like that. Almost half a million people and not a SINGLE arena that has seating for more than a measly 3000.

No wonder a lot of people feel like the world is passing us by and that we're left out. Mid-sized venues like that (figure skating, concerts, etc) are what help put you on the map.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:02 PM
All Star

GoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond repute

your right... we do need a new place.... bring stuff/people into our community instead of us always going to other communities all the time... the jack is great.... but a new multi purpose facility would be fantastic for this region....
Old 01-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Serving a Suspension

Canuck311 is absolutely hated by othersCanuck311 is absolutely hated by others

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post

I'm sick and tired of everyone in the entire region having to travel OUT of the region to see events like that. Almost half a million people and not a SINGLE arena that has seating for more than a measly 3000.

No wonder a lot of people feel like the world is passing us by and that we're left out. Mid-sized venues like that (figure skating, concerts, etc) are what help put you on the map.
me too!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:14 PM
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDogsGo View Post
your right... we do need a new place.... bring stuff/people into our community instead of us always going to other communities all the time... the jack is great.... but a new multi purpose facility would be fantastic for this region....
As long as we're BACK on the topic of a new rink (do we ever actually leave that topic? ) ...

PEN CENTER PARKING LOT - turn the back parking lot into a 5 or 6 story multi-level lot, put a new big rink up where the front lot is. Flat land, RIGHT off the highway with multiple roads leading in/out, and how happy do you think the Pen and all it's stores would be to have a 5000-6000 seat rink right next to them. Go for dinner first (or after) at Boston Pizza or any of the other numerous restaurance in the area, catch the late show after, wander around the mall stores first, etc, etc).

Would be nice to be travelling south on the 406 and after that sound barricade wall disappears, have it open up to the sight of a nice brightly lit big arena waiting there

( ^^ just me posting another one of my dreams that just came to mind )
Old 01-24-2008, 02:17 PM
All Star

WellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond repute

The Pen would lose way to many parking spots for the Christmas season. As it is, they need overflow parking for most of December.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:20 PM
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellandDogsFan View Post
The Pen would lose way to many parking spots for the Christmas season. As it is, they need overflow parking for most of December.
Read my post again dude.... read it again ...

Specifically the part that said TURN THE BACK LOT INTO A MULTI LEVEL LOT.

2 levels would replace the spots that are currently along the back, 4 or 5 levels more would replace the front lot. Add 2 more on top of that for good measure if you want - it's just concrete
Old 01-24-2008, 02:22 PM
All Star

WellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes a multi level structure would work great!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:27 PM
All Star

GoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoDogsGo has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think that there is enough room there.. i agree with the multi level lot...but build a new structure (arena) that size... you need alot more land than you think.

Tags
new arena