Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,075    Downloads: 774,478   Msgs Posted: 107,875   Thread Views: 14,673,350   Online Now: 50
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,179 Times in 536 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default Ice Dogs 2016?

I am relatively new to the Ice Dog Fan Forum. It’s certainly filled with a lot of knowledgeable Ice Dogs fans.

A solid playoff run this year is definitely a possibility, but if our core players return next year – the Ice Dogs would be legitimate Memorial Cup contenders.

I would be interested in knowing your thoughts on some or all of these questions:

1. Who do you see returning next year?
2. Who do you think will not return and why not?
3. Which 3 (or 4) over-age players (current 95s) will they retain next year?
4. They will have two first round picks in April – any idea as to who they might get?
5. What will the team look like from the goal out?

Last edited by Blacksox; 02-10-2015 at 08:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2015, 08:16 PM
1st Line

trooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I am relatively new to the Ice Dog Fan Forum. Its certainly filled with a lot of knowledgeable Ice Dogs fans.

A solid playoff run this year is definitely a possibility, but if our core players return next year the Ice Dogs would be legitimate Memorial Cup contenders.

I would be interested in knowing your thoughts on some or all of these questions:

1. Who do you see returning next year and why?
2. Who do you think will not return and why not?
3. Which 3 (or 4) over-age players (current 95s) will they retain next year?
4. They will have two first round picks in April any idea as to who they might get?
5. What will the team look like from the goal out?
Non 95's who will be back
Perlini, Ho-Sang, Knott, Paquette, Gillard, Corneil,
Dunn, Siebenaler, Wilkie, Haydon, Mikulovich, Mantha

Overagers who return
Maletta + DiFruscia: Both locals, both good players (assuming DiFruscia actually plays at the level that we all know he can)

Overagers who don't return
Aagaard - Will likely pick up one or two more young guys in the import draft.
Brosnan - All the other D are returning, there just won't be any room for him.
Fitzmorris - Hard to have an overager who is just an energy and PK guy. Unfortunate really.

Up in the air overager
Verhaeghe - would like to have him back but who knows what will happen. Can he make the Marlies? I'm not sure. Does he make the Solar Bears? Probably, but is there room? Would they rather him back in junior? Who knows

Goalies
Moran,
Dhillon

OHL draft
Certainly forwards
The Following User Says Thank You to trooper For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2015, 12:50 AM
2nd Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

I would bring Aargaard back as an overager. Imo, he is a solid two-way player, fairly good skater, very good forechecker, and not afraid to take a hit or give one. Also, i don't believe we can get someone that much better in the position where we will select in the import draft. Lastly, he seems to love it here in niagara and gives 100% every shift.

So, with 3 overagers gone, plus 3 out of 6 95's gone(can keep 4 till the jan deadline), it looks like we will have at least 6 open spots for next year. Those openings are mainly on forward positions. Therefore, i believe we will be selecting forwards with those 2 first round picks. It doesn't look like our 98 forward prospects our lighting up the score sheet ie. Langdon, krassey, ruesschoff, fredreric, dame, etc.

On defense, i believe our 98's big stay at home defensemen - either crowder or more probable wieranga, may push wilkie and mikulovich for a spot. Schaeffer is more of an offensive def and not the size as the other two, i just mentioned. Also, i'm not sure if we still hold the rights to ryan sarris who is playing for whitby fury?

In net, i believe either langford or minney may push dhillon as the back up to moran.
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2015, 01:03 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,738 Times in 1,250 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I would bring Aargaard back as an overager. Imo, he is a solid two-way player, fairly good skater, very good forechecker, and not afraid to take a hit or give one. Also, i don't believe we can get someone that much better in the position where we will select in the import draft. Lastly, he seems to love it here in niagara and gives 100% every shift.

So, with 3 overagers gone, plus 3 out of 6 95's gone(can keep 4 till the jan deadline), it looks like we will have at least 6 open spots for next year. Those openings are mainly on forward positions. Therefore, i believe we will be selecting forwards with those 2 first round picks. It doesn't look like our 98 forward prospects our lighting up the score sheet ie. Langdon, krassey, ruesschoff, fredreric, dame, etc.

On defense, i believe our 98's big stay at home defensemen - either crowder or more probable wieranga, may push wilkie and mikulovich for a spot. Schaeffer is more of an offensive def and not the size as the other two, i just mentioned. Also, i'm not sure if we still hold the rights to ryan sarris who is playing for whitby fury?

In net, i believe either langford or minney may push dhillon as the back up to moran.
Minney's at Mich State. Doubt he'll report.

If they can talk Frederic into reporting it would be big. He was a first round talent.

There's no guarantee Mantha is back as he can play in the AHL next year. He wasn't drafted out of the OHL so the Rangers may decide to keep him. He'll likely be back but he would be a big loss if not. He's really played well after adjusting to the league.

Hopefully they bring back Mikulovich.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2015, 07:28 AM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

Perlini will be back?? He looks very mature on the ice. How close was he last fall to playing I the NHL before he got hurt?

I think he will be signed, no?
Old 02-11-2015, 08:02 AM
1st Line

trooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Perlini will be back?? He looks very mature on the ice. How close was he last fall to playing I the NHL before he got hurt?

I highly doubt he makes the nhl. Arizona will likely want him to get a full year in junior and play in the world juniors. (they did this with Domi) They will likely cut Perlini in favour of Domi, who is a year older.

Crazier things have happened. Thankfully he wasnt drafted by the oilers
The Following User Says Thank You to trooper For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Serving a Suspension

SportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud of

[quote=hockey123;84126]

If they can talk Frederic into reporting it would be big. He was a first round talent.

QUOTE]

After talking to a few front office staffers, I am pretty sure Frederic has a two year commitment with the Development Camp in the US, meaning he wouldn't be able to come this year. Sure any commitment can be broken, but they IceDogs don't seem to think he will be there.

Remember they have two first rounders they need to find ice time for next year too - plus their young guys like Weiringa, Langdon, etc who may make a push to be on the team at 17.
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsBulletNews For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2015, 09:20 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 1,971 Times in 824 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

[quote=SportsBulletNews;84130]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post

QUOTE]

After talking to a few front office staffers, I am pretty sure Frederic has a two year commitment with the Development Camp in the US, meaning he wouldn't be able to come this year. Sure any commitment can be broken, but they IceDogs don't seem to think he will be there.

Remember they have two first rounders they need to find ice time for next year too - plus their young guys like Weiringa, Langdon, etc who may make a push to be on the team at 17.
You can bet at least one of those 1st rounders will be dealt at next years deadline to help make a run.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:38 AM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post

There are a few guys that might be in Arizona before Perlini. Domi, Dvorak, Lessio come to mind and I'm sure there are some others on the AHL team that could make the jump before Perlini.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,738 Times in 1,250 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
There are a few guys that might be in Arizona before Perlini. Domi, Dvorak, Lessio come to mind and I'm sure there are some others on the AHL team that could make the jump before Perlini.
Who knows what Arizona will do as far as deadline moves. They have reportedly talked about moving some of their bigger named players like Yandle. Any forward acquired for a guy like Yandle would probably be NHL ready. The other good news is they seem quite pleased with Domi's development and have stated quite a few times leaving him in jr was the right move.