Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,451    Downloads: 1,214,752   Msgs Posted: 122,120   Thread Views: 21,761,291   Online Now: 86
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:33 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,145 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
And the answer is "maybe". If the OA has a no-trade and will only accept certain teams, then it is in the selling team's best interest to negotiate fairly. Niagara is not a wealthy team so that doesn't make them an attractive buyer. Those picks we gave up for Miletic may bite us in the bum. They do have the potential to win however, and that makes them a good destination for the player. So if a motivated player on a fair team is the combination we could end up with some of what we need.
When the trade was made I though the same thing! However, as a result of the new trade restrictions, the Sam Miletic trade will have little impact.

The trade amounted to only one lost asset to the Ice Dogs this year.

2018 - 2nd (Panwar) was swapped for a 2018 3rd (Halliday) and 2nd round players cannot be traded this year.

2024 - 2nd is the only lost asset.

2025 - 2nd cannot be used with the new OHL rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 03:50 PM

Thanked 2,855 Times in 1,563 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
2024 - 2nd is the only lost asset.
So as long as the selling team doesn't ask for "one more 2nd" we are good, right?

Last edited by NiceDawg; 09-23-2018 at 11:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 07:39 AM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Lots of chatter about Saigeon, which given his performance is totally understandable. One thing to remember though is that he is a Centre. We need wingers to strengthen that top 2 lines of Jones-Maksimov and Thomas- Lodnia. No way can I believe that either Jones or Thomas should be 3rd line centre and Saigeon would want to be on top 2 lines. So, this may only work if Thomas gets moved to wing (as Jones is our top face-off and 2-way centre guy). Thomas did play wing for LA at rookie camp some of the time and he seems to be projected to be more of a winger than Centre. Wonder how LA want him to develop this year? If as a winger then bringing in Saigeon makes sense. If not then we could have a problem bringing him in and may be better looking at a dedicated winger?
The Following User Says Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 08:02 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,145 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
Lots of chatter about Saigeon, which given his performance is totally understandable. One thing to remember though is that he is a Centre. We need wingers to strengthen that top 2 lines of Jones-Maksimov and Thomas- Lodnia. No way can I believe that either Jones or Thomas should be 3rd line centre and Saigeon would want to be on top 2 lines. So, this may only work if Thomas gets moved to wing (as Jones is our top face-off and 2-way centre guy). Thomas did play wing for LA at rookie camp some of the time and he seems to be projected to be more of a winger than Centre. Wonder how LA want him to develop this year? If as a winger then bringing in Saigeon makes sense. If not then we could have a problem bringing him in and may be better looking at a dedicated winger?
A good point about what position Saigeon's NHL team (Avs) want him to play in the OHL (and Thomas' NHL team). Keep in mind that Saigeion played Hamiltonís entire playoffs run on the LW, so not sure if Colorado scouted him as primarily a LW or C.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:43 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Tippet returned to Mississauga. That would be our winger to recruit. Pure sniper. But not sure we have the assets to get him. Not very good defensively (so would likely have to put him with Jones rather than Thomas) but would immediately give us 45-50 extra goals. That plus an overager (cheap) and a stud D and we are gold in my view.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:15 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Tippet returned to Mississauga. That would be our winger to recruit. Pure sniper. But not sure we have the assets to get him. Not very good defensively (so would likely have to put him with Jones rather than Thomas) but would immediately give us 45-50 extra goals. That plus an overager (cheap) and a stud D and we are gold in my view.
I donít know if thatís the winger to recruit personally sure heíd give us more goals but I donít think the team needs that I think they need a good 2-way guy
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 12:15 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I donít know if thatís the winger to recruit personally sure heíd give us more goals but I donít think the team needs that I think they need a good 2-way guy
We need D.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:41 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
We need D.
I donít disagree with you Iíd say they probably need one of each forward and D but my opinion on this could change once I see them with Ham and Hunter back
Old 09-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

If i had to choose between Tippett and Saigeon... Saigeon wins hand down... we have plenty if ofofence in this team but we nees a 200 foot forward and you wont get that from Tippett
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 02:53 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Missy gm claims he not trading Tippet or Ryan Mccloud does not make sense. I would like a greatbtwo way player