Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,451    Downloads: 1,215,635   Msgs Posted: 122,206   Thread Views: 21,779,697   Online Now: 94
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:17 PM
3rd Line

Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993
Default Let's talk trades!

So what do you guys think we need and what do we have to make a run. And who could we possibly trade and what would we get in return as well as who is untouchable. Puck drops soon boys
Old 09-18-2018, 01:50 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
So what do you guys think we need and what do we have to make a run. And who could we possibly trade and what would we get in return as well as who is untouchable. Puck drops soon boys
I think they will want 1 forward (preferably a C or LW) and 1 D i think theyíll need a goalie as well. I could see them trading Constantineau or Moore and unfortunately Incze. Returns would depend where they are traded and if you like a player from that team. I think untouchable players are kind of obvious for the most part Thomas Maksimov Jones Tomasino Lodnia would be my untouchables I think the team would add Dhillon to that list
Old 09-18-2018, 02:03 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I think they will want 1 forward (preferably a C or LW) and 1 D i think theyíll need a goalie as well. I could see them trading Constantineau or Moore and unfortunately Incze. Returns would depend where they are traded and if you like a player from that team. I think untouchable players are kind of obvious for the most part Thomas Maksimov Jones Tomasino Lodnia would be my untouchables I think the team would add Dhillon to that list
I could see them trading Constantinou Moore as well. But Constantinou would be a mistake as he can be our best D overall once you start breaking down all our D. Moore I can't comment on until I see more because so far I think he ends up being another Roberts type player. But Moore right now has value being a 1st rounder and still a unknown. Incze I would say gets traded because even if they want to keep him he will want out because he won't go another year of being a back up. I would agree on the forwards you mentioned except Tomasino I think he can be traded we value him higher here then other teams. There is other players around the league the same age that I would say have a better overall game as the spot he was drafted is not relevant in how I rate a player. I think up front jones Thomas Maksimov Lodnia are untouchable if making a run.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
I could see them trading Constantinou Moore as well. But Constantinou would be a mistake as he can be our best D overall once you start breaking down all our D. Moore I can't comment on until I see more because so far I think he ends up being another Roberts type player. But Moore right now has value being a 1st rounder and still a unknown. Incze I would say gets traded because even if they want to keep him he will want out because he won't go another year of being a back up. I would agree on the forwards you mentioned except Tomasino I think he can be traded we value him higher here then other teams. There is other players around the league the same age that I would say have a better overall game as the spot he was drafted is not relevant in how I rate a player. I think up front jones Thomas Maksimov Lodnia are untouchable if making a run.
Trading either D could be a mistake but those are the decisions you have to make especially when you are in a go for it year Constantineau will be good but I donít see him being the best D overall. You are right Incze will want out and should want out but if Iím the team Iím not trading him. Iíd consider trading Tomasino if you can get someone as an upgrade back in rerun and I wasnít think about where he was drafted when saying heís untouchable
Old 09-18-2018, 03:31 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Trading either D could be a mistake but those are the decisions you have to make especially when you are in a go for it year Constantineau will be good but I donít see him being the best D overall. You are right Incze will want out and should want out but if Iím the team Iím not trading him. Iíd consider trading Tomasino if you can get someone as an upgrade back in rerun and I wasnít think about where he was drafted when saying heís untouchable
I love these topics please give me how you would rate our D in order and why.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:21 PM
Big League

Quote:
I would say Ham Hunter are ahead for sure when healthy thatís just because I think thatís your top pair if you arenít worried about who shoots L/R and the fact they are older as well then Constantinou maybe the team might put Roberts ahead of him as well and potential Schaefer but Iíd have him third ranking wise
Old 09-18-2018, 04:32 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As far an all around defenceman, both offense and defense Liam Ham after last season should be number one on that list.

Don't know enough, haven't seen Bukac. Hunter is hurt to start the season. Roberts is more of an offensive guy, Constantinou could move up the depth chart obviously, and Moore is a rookie. Howard is big, and would fit into that defensive defenceman category.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:47 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
I would say Ham Hunter are ahead for sure when healthy thatís just because I think thatís your top pair if you arenít worried about who shoots L/R and the fact they are older as well then Constantinou maybe the team might put Roberts ahead of him as well and potential Schaefer but Iíd have him third ranking wise
Without sounding like to much of a hockey nerd... in the hockey world there are tools that are used for example one of them could be something like a Hero Chart. Then you need to have a strong understanding of the game in all 3 different zones plus special teams and collect other data that can be used with other tools to make a choice who is better. Because sometimes stats are decieving. i can bet any scout if compared all 4 players with a hero chart it would go Constantinou Ham Roberts Hunter if comparing those 4 only. Constantinou would be the lowest in icetime but if you averaged icetime to points/goals/assists he wins. I would then say even though we are a team that does not have the best coached team to use D his Shotgen would be better, And my favorite stat that would show his iq is better by a mile then the other 3 is his Shotsup. There is many other factors but as a whole player rating overall he is well above them. Some guys just give you a higher percentage to win over others its nothing personal. Also Schaefer is a liabilty and would be 5th after those 4, he is better the less he has the puck.